Can someone explain the benefit of URing chain such as RK chain 420MRU-BL Uring chain

Some grom owners told me it is better than my O-ring chain I have on my big bore kit grom, but looking at the specs it is recommended for 125cc engines.

Any comments on the RK 420 MRU-BL Uring chain

They must be talking about advertised tensile strength being greater. Usually they provide that number as well as rated CC. But I'll say any 420 chain is probably pushing it for your mods and weight.

BigGar

high on placebo
I can't imagine any chain with rubber seals in it, O-rings, X-rings, Cock-rings, whatever, moving around sprockets with less resistance than the same chain without the rubber seals. Sure the bare chain isn't going to last as long but you're going to have to do some serious verbal gymnastics to convince me that the rubber sealed ones move with less resistance.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
funny the 250/300 guys are running 415 sized chains. Also in regards to robbing power... one could make an electric chain dyno to determine how many watts it takes to spin a chain. The takeaway... a well lubed chain is worth the most gain. And those products arent sold as motorcycle lubricants.

Some of the Enduro/hare scrambles guys solvent clean the chain, then leave it in a pan of Crater Compound overnight. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if desert racers did it.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
NORTHERN FL Home of the 2020 Pub Convention
I can't imagine any chain with rubber seals in it, O-rings, X-rings, Cock-rings, whatever, moving around sprockets with less resistance than the same chain without the rubber seals. Sure the bare chain isn't going to last as long but you're going to have to do some serious verbal gymnastics to convince me that the rubber sealed ones move with less resistance.
bicycles are further along with low resistance chains & lubes vs motorbikes. Its a measurable amount of wattage and those chains wear via stretch.
That being said... a properly aligned & lubed chain will provide the least amount of loss of available power at the countershaft. This doesnt get into any number of variables like bad bearings, over torqued axles, dragging brakes, etc

roadczar

BAMF
Website
www.roadczar.com
Until it gets slightly dirty.

roadczar

BAMF
Website
www.roadczar.com
bicycles are further along with low resistance chains & lubes vs motorbikes. Its a measurable amount of wattage and those chains wear via stretch.
That being said... a properly aligned & lubed chain will provide the least amount of loss of available power at the countershaft. This doesnt get into any number of variables like bad bearings, over torqued axles, dragging brakes, etc
I maintain my bicycle chain after every ride, not willing to do it on my motorcycle. I'm OK losing couple of HP with over 200 on tap.

NORTY

BAMF
Maybe if the chain manufacturers used delrin, instead of rubber, the friction losses might be reduced. Well, that, and titanium plates...

Top Bottom