Brace on your short barrel rifle/pistol must be registered 120 days, or else breaking the law

Hapo

Dog Boy
...it could...it stands a better chance than the bump stock law fiasco...

...there is a very good case against it, though...

LE05BUSA

GFY
What a clown. You better believe that any information gathered by the BATF is going to be used towards confiscation.

Don't do the amnesty program, regardless.

Take the brace off, install a normal pistol buffer tube.

If you really want a SBR, file the normal paperwork, and put a real stock on it when you get the stamp.

Don't give them any information about ANYTHING that can be legally used against you.

...free post...

kawachan

BAMF
I'll admit I didn't watch any of the videos. Idiots don't know which way the courts are gonna fly on this anyway. As far as I can tell, the "88 day trap" doesn't apply to NFA items. ATF made the new rule (illegally of course) as only Congress can make laws.

Looks like it hasn't dropped out of the registry yet so no date set to start the countdown. Dealers have 60 days, individuals have 120 days to comply. As it is, looks like it will be a backdoor attempt to register 40 mil weapons by the new ATF head honcho....

If I had one I wouldn't worry about a thing until the courts have their say.

shotlady

With a Damn Nice Rack
sooooo the brace is registered, not the gun the brace is gonna sneak up and getcha?

I see. dood, wretch could you hook me up on what floyd need to do to make mine cool like yers. Mine need more cowbell.

Zippy

pinhead
Earth or possibly another planet, also Dingburg
...no, the brace isn't registered...it is a stock now...they register the gun...

...the gun you posted is a pistol and has no stock, so it is cool...

...you could take the brace off and put a proper stock on it once it is registered as an SBR...

...the thing is they are not going to register very many in the time they allow themselves and then they are going to automatically deny all the ones they could not do by their self-imposed deadline...

...also making it an SBR will complicate ownership dramatically...no one else can have access to it never mind use it...

...there is a good chance the law will not stick as with 40 million in use it is a common use item or some shit...

...if you think aboot it you can see they don't want to give away 40 million tax stamps...they claim they will waive the $200 fee for people registering pistols with braces as SBR's and that is why they need a photo for proof...

...in reality, they are already planning to time out most of the applications and then take enforcement action on the information provided by the applicants...

Last edited:

shotlady

With a Damn Nice Rack
well ifn i ever finished schooling i would have been a semantics major. apparently, someone else thought so too. but they are doing it wrong.
this is brought to you by the same college of folks that think a man can have a baby.

kawachan

BAMF
Or you could strip the parts and put them in a new lower ($50 if it's an AR) then write the ATF a letter requesting no NFA. Turn in the old stripped lower and be done with it. Don't think it will get that far though....

40 million is the number of braces that have been manufactured or sold. Some could be still on the shelf, a LOT are probably built "pistols"

OP
Cisco San Jose
HLD, IRS, ATF will be knocking on a lot of doors in the future

I see the sale prices of slingshots going up. Buy it when they are cheap especially the 3/16 steel ball bearings ammo

kawachan

BAMF
Based on ATF's own website in Dec 2019, those 1714 special agents stationed across 25 divisions and overseas ports gonna be REAL busy trying to run down 40 mil firearms.... Just saying....
Screenshot_20230125-013200_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wretch

amazingly graceful
sooooo the brace is registered, not the gun the brace is gonna sneak up and getcha?

I see. dood, wretch could you hook me up on what floyd need to do to make mine cool like yers. Mine need more cowbell.

View attachment 125625
Looks like you'll just need a red dot sight, if you're comfortable using those and some sling attachment points.

Mine actually works, handles better for me with the sling setup in single point fashion.
They way I have it attached in the picture would still be functional but better to carry it over a great distance.

I need to get out to the range and zero the thing and teach some paper a lesson.
If I can get the local drama down to a dull roar...

shotlady

With a Damn Nice Rack
i bought it and havent shot it yet. i have a few new guns i havent broke in yet but i cant shoot till prolly march or april by that time its too hot to hand me a gun. im never pleasant when im hot hahaha. all my shits at floyds well not all of it. i have about 10 here but a majority of my toys are at his house because they broke down the front door and couldnt secure my house while i was at the hospital :/ i have to go see him anyway he has a nice room for me with the bed and fireplace and shit that was in my second room. he set it up really nice for me at his house so i will most certainly be happy staying more than 20 minutes. hes nice to be around. he doesnt talk. he just fixes my shit with the stuff that lotafun mails me and smiles at me. thats always nice visit.

I have been keeping up with this.... Glad that crap does not appeal to me because it would suck to have to modify to an acceptable "rifle" configuration.

Stetson

BAMF+
Weird....my new sheriff just posted a letter about this. Seems AR already has a law forbidding any law enforcement officer to enforce anything that infringes upon the 2A.
View attachment 125803
That declaration essentially says they will not enforce new federal gun laws, which isn't really taking much of a daring stance, since sheriffs and their deputies don't (and generally can't) enforce any federal laws anyway.

kawachan

BAMF
I was curious how the Troopers were going to "enforce" as well. They work under the same laws passed by the govenor. I guess time will tell once it becomes an issue.

jhinderliter

BAMF+
explain why youd want one... other than trying to one armed rambo
They were designed for handicapped folks ..

In IL one is only allowed to hunt deer with a shotgun, muzzleloader or pistol …

5 foot nothing , 120 lb wives and daughters preferred an AR pistol over getting the shit beat out of them by a 3 inch 20 gauge slugger..

A proficient shooter with decent glass can zone a deer @ 300 yards with a 10.5 inch 300 AAC …

That’s what I’ve heard 👍🏼

jhinderliter

BAMF+
That declaration essentially says they will not enforce new federal gun laws, which isn't really taking much of a daring stance, since sheriffs and their deputies don't (and generally can't) enforce any federal laws anyway.
The angle being presented is that they aren’t going to house anyone in their jails …

The state and feds always drop off the folks they arrest in the county jails ..

824D27A7-886F-4DBB-BEDD-7079F83733D2.jpeg

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
Last I read, 2021 R-108F is supposed to be published Tuesday 1/31. Lawsuits will be filed soon thereafter. Don't do a damned thing if you have a braced pistol.

OP
Cisco San Jose
It is already stated The Rights of the People shall not be infringed

The Bill of Rights have been twisted by so many politicians

Our Forefathers got it right the first time, that the control of the government is by the people, not the idiot in Washington or your States government.

The Bill of Rights is the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution. It spells out Americans’ rights in relation to their government. It guarantees civil rights and liberties to the individual—like freedom of speech, press, and religion. It sets rules for due process of law and reserves all powers not delegated to the Federal Government to the people or the States. And it specifies that “the enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

The Bill of Rights: What Does it Say?

Framers of the Constitution

These are the people that had the brains enough to know that the rights of the people separate from the Government

kawachan

BAMF
It dropped on the registry today. 120 days you have to be in compliance....so register it, make it compliant (convert it to pistol only), or turn it in.

Of course, that is saying courts don't overthrow it. Bruin effect (NY) and EPA lawsuit will also have some bearing on the ruling....

Top Bottom