Boeing in MAJOR damage control

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
China suspends latest gen 737 commercial flights after the Ethiopia crash

2 planes down in the last 5 months under similar circumstances...within minutes after take off

I'm thinking faulty software lurking in those planes...

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Shhh.... I just purchased a Trans World Adventure Flight ticket on the 737 for YSR, I don't want him backing out.

Anal Disco

BAMF
Ethiopian Air just did the same.

Guessing if several other airlines follow suit in the morning... holy shit Boeing is in for a tough time.

The vertical air speed data on that Ethiopian Air flight was crazy and all over the map. Guessing a catastrophic failure of the air speed sensor that ran the plane into the ground. Scary shit.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I’ll say it, reagardless of the plane, would any of us fly Ethiopian Airlines? Can you carry on your chickens, or do you have to check them Like your goats?
That's what I thought until I saw an interview with a former FAA and Air Force crash investigator today, and he said they actually have a very good reputation for training and safety.

hedgehog

BAMF
i doubt it Will cause more than a ripple for Boeing.

remember the problem with the vertical fin hydraulics on the 757 ?

that still stayed in service despite the fault being known about and were refitted bit by bit.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
i doubt it Will cause more than a ripple for Boeing.

remember the problem with the vertical fin hydraulics on the 757 ?

that still stayed in service despite the fault being known about and were refitted bit by bit.
Pretty sure that was an Airbus...
...the one that crashed in Queens NY right after 9/11?
Well, pilot induced but the plane design exacerbated the problem.
Vertical Stabilizer you mean?

hedgehog

BAMF
Pretty sure that was an Airbus...
...the one that crashed in Queens NY right after 9/11?
Well, pilot induced but the plane design exacerbated the problem.
Vertical Stabilizer you mean?
it was 757´s in the early 90´s. i remember because the first commercial flight i took in `93 was on one, and got me thinking `oh shit!´

and yes, vertical stabiliser…..typing when the caffeine hadn´t kicked in properly :wink2:

Austin_F

BAMF+
Aren't planes designed to ignore and warn pilots if sensors suddenly begin reporting data outside the norm? Why would a plane suddenly think its in a spin due to a suddenly bad sensor and end up putting itself into a mountain?

BigHock

BAMF
Boeing, Airbus, whatever... just stay off planes from anywhere in this area, or piloted by anyone from this area.

View attachment 17326
I love me some Singapore Airlines and Thai Air is damn good. I did fly an airline called 1, 2 Go and feel fortunate it didn’t fall out of the sky. Maybe Nok Air is on the no fly list for me. I was told after my 1,2 Go flight, the locals call it 1,2 NO,!

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I flew from West Palm to Nicaragua on Air Nica, I made out a will before we took off! Pretty sure I saw them pouring fuel into the tanks using a funnel and five gallon pales of "fuel" when we were getting ready to fly back! It was like the worst inner city bus you can ever imagine... with wings.

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
Don't know what all the fuss is about. There are always faults with aircraft. The shit they turf out of their factories for us to fly on amazes me. 99% of the fuck ups in design we never hear about because they quietly fix it as the shit bins come in for work to be done on them...

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
Boing is so heavily subsidized by the government, it will never fail. They can't lay anybody off or trumpy will tweet his dissatisfaction.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I love me some Singapore Airlines and Thai Air is damn good. I did fly an airline called 1, 2 Go and feel fortunate it didn’t fall out of the sky. Maybe Nok Air is on the no fly list for me. I was told after my 1,2 Go flight, the locals call it 1,2 NO,!
One-Two-GO has been One-Two-GONE for nearly 10 years. I'm not a fan of Nok Air- while it's always more expensive, I'll take Bangkok Airways over any other domestic carrier.

BigHock

BAMF
That first class lounge for Thai Airways at Suvarnabhumi airport must be what heaven is like. I walked in and found perhaps the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in person. Then they ply you with these incredible treats and drinks, all the while a parade of tight skirted babes keep walking through. Comfy chairs and pleasant conservation. I must have fallen in and out of love at least 3 times. I’m not even flying anywhere next time. Just purchase a ticket and hang out for week or so. Damn...

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I haven't used Thai Airways since they dropped the non-stop BKK-JFK flight (which was great- they had a premium-economy seat for ~$1200 that was awesome). They've gone downhill a bit over the last decade, and are pricier than other carriers for the same routes (though I agree they've got gorgeous flight attendants- they pick the girls for their looks, which US carriers can't get away with). I've been taking Emirates to jump the Pacific lately, and they've always done a good job.

Austin_F

BAMF+
emirates is the one Elaine was shilling for, isn't it? Looked swanky.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Emirates is pretty good, but what I like most about them is their quick stop-over in Dubai between Bangkok and NY- less than two hours, and they usually manage to complete the route in less than 21 hours (still hideously long, but the fastest currently available). Most other airlines have longer stop-overs (some 8+ hours), which extends the total trip-time accordingly.

C. Dolan

BAMF+
Just a bit over a week since a 14 (?) Billion deal was announced with Vietnam.....😱

OP
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
Yup, software update coming...

Boeing publicly released details about the planned 737 MAX software update late Monday. A company spokesman confirmed the update would use multiple sensors, or data feeds, in MAX's stall-prevention system -- instead of the current reliance on a single sensor. The change was prompted by preliminary results from the Indonesian crash investigation indicating that erroneous data from a single sensor, which measures the angle of the plane's nose, caused the stall-prevention system to misfire. Then, a series of events put the aircraft into a dangerous dive.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
no worries here unless one falls apart over my head and lands on me... i have not ridden on a plane since pre 9-11... Myself and Occasional Cortex are in the permanent cruise class... :girl-wacko:
wait in a cattle line, disrobe, rub your belly while jumping up and down on one foot...

FUCK THAT... WE got around just fine before planes... may they all go the way of the dodo bird

OP
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
Imagine, just imagine, if this was malware planted by China/Iran/Russia...

I'm drawing parallels with the plane shot down over the disputed Ukraine theatre

As the world pivots to cyber-warfare, it's not as farfetched as one might first think

was a book i just read about that very thing (russia planting malware to take over the autopilot controls of a number of airliners...but blaming it on china..or vice versa i dont recall which).

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
Transcript of the LionAirflight shows the pilots were trying everything. In the end they just ran out of height.

Boeing need to be royally fucked for this...

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
The Justice Department just issued multiple supoenas to Boeing execs.

Stetson

BAMF
The last thing the cockpit recorder got was "Allahu Akbar." Must suck to have front row seats to auguring into the ground at 400 mph.:frown2::(

Top Bottom