BigHock passed?

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
I wrote this, and used to read it at funerals for my friends.

There are two schools of thought when it comes to life. One is that your entire life is scripted out. From the day you're born, until the day you die.

The other is that we are just aimlessly careening thru life, from one random event to the next, until we meet our maker.

But the truth of the matter is, when it's your turn, it's your turn.

Life is measured in inches and seconds. What if he had been a few inches to the left? What if he had spent a few more seconds in the parking lot?

What if...

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I wrote this, and used to read it at funerals for my friends.

There are two schools of thought when it comes to life. One is that your entire life is scripted out. From the day you're born, until the day you die.

The other is that we are just aimlessly careening thru life, from one random event to the next, until we meet our maker.

But the truth of the matter is, when it's your turn, it's your turn.

Life is measured in inches and seconds. What if he had been a few inches to the left? What if he had spent a few more seconds in the parking lot?

What if...
And everyone was thinking "WTF"?

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
The only reason I'm not saying it's him 100% is because I found it in an old Photobucket folder that's dated a couple years after we met- I believe that's because I uploaded it later so I could post it here on another thread (on which BH and I were talking about his trip). That's gotta be him because I know for sure we were in that bar.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
This what I wrote:

Hi Amy- my name is Brian Xxxxxxx, and I was a friend of Todd Munro and met him on one of his trips to Thailand, where I've been living for 19 years (I believe you were his sister-in-law- please forgive me if I have the wrong person). I (and a large online group of people that knew and liked Todd) heard of his passing, and we were all very saddened and would like to extend our sincerest condolences to you and all of Todd's family. If possible, would you please let me know the circumstances of his passing? He was so young...

I would greatly appreciate any information you could provide. Thank you very much, and, again, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Sincerely,

Brian

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I haven't received a reply- the message still hasn't been seen by the person I sent it to (FB Messenger lets you know when it's been opened by the recipient).

Austin_F

BAMF+
nah, people message each other w/out being friends all the time, for buying and selling on FB marketplace.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
A single check-mark means delivery. You will know it was read when the target's favicon (or whatever it's called) appears next to the check-mark
I know. When I said 'I have no way of knowing...' I meant I don't know if she'll ever be notified of it (which she won't if it's in a spam folder). If she doesn't specially check that folder, she'll never see it. That's for FB itself- if she has the Messenger app, it will show up where she'll find it as she'll get a notification.

For now, all I've got is this:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
That was the first thing I checked- it's restricted to 'friends only' . My message still hasn't been read.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Yeah- I'll wait another day and then try that. It probably wouldn't be accepted- most people don't confirm total strangers.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Yeah- I'll wait another day and then try that. It probably wouldn't be accepted- most people don't confirm total strangers.
Phhhttt, I never "confirmed" people I know. Haven't checked it in at least fifteen years. I have a couple hundred messages and shit that I've never looked at.

Top Bottom