Beyond MEAT

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as lucystrike
That's really cute, but my FB friends are not random, anything but scooter boy
suprised you had any "friends" at all...lol
But the beauty of a facebook friend is just pointing and clicking to add friend. Not much commitment required

...I must admire your tenacity if nothing else...

...it kind of reminds me when Tonya Carr just aboot single handedly got American Bulldogs recognized by the UCK...

...but it was more aboot getting back at Casey Coterie than helping the dogs...

...although you have cherry picked one especially ridiculous statement you also have substantiated what I and others here have been saying all along...

…" it is well-accepted that it is more healthy to eat a plant-based diet than a typical Western diet " ...

...thank you...
Hard to accuse me of cherry picking when the article from which I quoted summed up the results of several other studies.

And yes, when the typical Western diet includes huge portion sizes, overeating, is generally high cholesterol/high salt/high calories, and very little exercise, then you'll hear very little argument from me.

But it doesn't have to be, as long as you limit what you're shoving into your piehole. Hence what I was saying - there is no magic bullet.

Nope. But I do know enough to know when someone's pissing and trying to say it's raining.

Keep doing your veggie thang bowtie, maybe you'll outlive the rest of us :biggrin1a::up:

CID

Gonna try cooking some of those burgers this weekend. I'll take pics, give a real review and try no to show my preconceived barf in the pics.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I'm just going to have a falafel...it won't be faking anything...

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
Gonna try cooking some of those burgers this weekend. I'll take pics, give a real review and try no to show my preconceived barf in the pics.
Take a pic of the label, or let us know the sodium content per serving.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
Del Taco has some kind of faux meat taco available. I was served several of them from the drive-thru by mistake late at night. Being too hungry to get back in the drive-thru line, I added some sauce and ate them. No biggie, right? Wrong! Very, very wrong....my digestive tract said WTF in a very ugly way.

BigGar

high on placebo
Costco had some samples of veggie burger things the other day. They were actually quite delicious, in an Uncle Ben's rice kind of way. I told the lady that they'd be really good with a hamburger. That said, if they come up with some fake meat that tastes savory, beefy, bacony, and delicious, with high protein and near zero carbs, priced similar to the cheap beef I usually subsist on, I'm all in.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
We have a few vegans in the family, a royal pain in the ass to feed em it is, heaven forbid you take em to a restaurant, they start grilling the waiter on what’s in this and what’s in that and what vegan items do you have :screama: :smashtard::dash2:
I must say, the vegan attitude is nauseating.

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
We have a few vegans in the family, a royal pain in the ass to feed em it is, heaven forbid you take em to a restaurant, they start grilling the waiter on what’s in this and what’s in that and what vegan items do you have :screama::smashtard::dash2:
I must say, the vegan attitude is nauseating.

ha .. we went to some vegan restaurant in ftw a couple of weeks ago, almost everyone in the place was a smelly hippie, the staff wondered around like zombies, no service, no cares with shitty attitudes.

In Texas and I grew up eating our own beef we know how to cook it and how to buy it! Strip Loin (Wagyu) I did a few of weeks ago. No it did not suck. Slow roasted to perfection on the Primo Ceramic using mesquite note the smoke ring on the outside.
20190106_153408[1].jpg 20190106_175643[1].jpg

What "stuff"?
Some of the veggie burgers out there are indeed horrible. The Impossible Burgers they sell at A&W in Canada are really good and almost hard to tell from ground beef.
When you think about it, how much taste does ground beef really have anyway? If it was that great, everyone would eat their burgers plain (like I did almost my entire life), not loaded with ketchup, pickles, lettuce, onions, cheese or bacon.
LOL then you have not been eating the right beef!! Nothing is better than tasty dead animals! Not everyone lives where they grind beef in the store but if you do-----Buy a whole ribeye (on sale) cut the ribs off and grind it including the fat cap. If you think a veggie burger will taste and melt in your mouth like that (harder to cook and a lot of shrinkage) you need to get professional help. :)

Eat a lot of ground Wagyu but in all fairness do not eat as much GB anymore now and it really shrinks!!!!!

wormser77

BAMF
The all natural grass fed 1/4 cow I just bought from a friend is incredible, theground beef is some of the best I've ever had.

Can't wait to fire up the short ribs!

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
not sure, might have been, it was pretty good. We actually export beef here.

LE05BUSA

GFY
Looks really nice. We have a few good local ranchers on this island with statewide distribution. A bit more spendy, but the quality is consistently good. Cooked some local ribeyes for Mother's Day that were a big hit. 20190527_183728.jpg

RobBase

BAMF
So, we went to our neighbor's cookout Saturday night and brought along some of the Beyond Meat stuff........
"brat's and burgers." Keeping in mind that our neighbor is a hardcore deer hunter, (bow, black powder and rifle)
and all of his family and guests are meat eaters, his wife said sure bring what you want we'll grill it also.
IMG_20190609_071713761_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190609_071654567_HDR (2).jpg

Our neighbor was curious about the Beyond stuff and asked if he could try a burger. Then his step dad and another neighbor also got curious and wanted
to try them. BTW, both are on cholesterol and high blood pressure meds. So we grilled 2 burgers and 4 brats............

IMG_20190608_175122886_HDR.jpg

Split one of the brats into quarters and a burger into quarters, they said they just wanted a taste (probably cause they thought they would
be shit), put the burger onto a potato roll with lettuce, tomato and a pickle and they went at it. The brat was just plain on another potato
roll, since we didn't have any peppers or onions to put on it.
I almost cringed when they started to eat them (cause a lot of the previous veggie "stuff" did taste like shit), thinking they'd spit it onto the ground.
Amazingly, all three of them said they were really good. They said they could do a blind test and know it wasn't meat, but regardless,
they said they could eat the Beyond stuff all day and not miss ground beef. The brats were new to me, never had them before, but they
hit my "crave" button, to the point I went out and bought another pack of the brats and the italian sausage.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass along a real world taste test.

IMG_20190609_071707730_HDR.jpg

No soy, no gmo, no cholesterol. The saturated fat is from coconut and sunflower oil.
The two neighbors on meds said they would start eating the Beyond products..........witness LS's stock price posts.

RobBase

BAMF
Motherfucker, the wife says we can't miss out again when Impossible stock becomes available.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as lucystrike
Does this mean the likes of Pfizer and other pharma companies will be loosing moola on the meatless generation?
Cholesterol meds scare the shit out of me especially when there are many avenues around that shit.

RobBase

BAMF
They just announced upcoming sales of the burger stuff but packaged as bulk ground beef. As in make your own burgers, tacos, meatballs, spaghetti sauce.

Top Bottom