Beyond MEAT

Hapo

Dog Boy
...maybe LS will straighten AD out...or they will both come out...

...aaaanyway, the inflammatory properties of meat are certainly well documented…

…the beef industry isn't too worried aboot vegans...

1557911434786.png

Last edited:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...why does every one need to prove themselves to you...???...

...look it up your self if you are interested...

...I am not interested enough to educate you here...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...it's not like I really care what you eat...

...I was interested in getting your rifle sorted...

...I would still recommend the falafel over the shawarma...

...it is cheaper and tastes better imho...

Anal Disco

BAMF
If you're going to make a bullshit statement, expect to be called out on it.

Especially when you make a statement of fact, it helps to know you're not repeating what some yoga instructor threw up on her "health journey" blog.

And yes, I looked it up beforehand.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...try doing some research...not "looking up" health blogs...

...it's like saying smoking hasn't really been proven to cause cancer...show me the proof...

...dude, you can believe what you want and eat what you want...I am not trying to cram falafels down yer throat...nor hit with a shovel in it...

OP
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Here's a interesting anecdote;
Christmas dinner at my mom's house.........my mom made some sausages as part of dinner
but when she was passed the serving plate, she turned down the sausages,........she says,
"give mine to Jack (my nephew), he likes them a lot and I can't eat them anymore, they're bad
for me (she's watching her cholesterol)."

If they're bad for her now at her age, how are they "good" for Jack, at any age???
Surely you're not comparing the metabolism of a child to a grandmother?

If they're bad for her now at her age, how are they "good" for Jack, at any age???
yeah it should be the opposite. One thing Stuman Stuman touched on in another thread is portion sizes. I distinctly remember being forced as a child to clear my plate. Part of that is ignorant parenting. Only thing I did with my kid is limit sugar and educate on drinking calories vs eating them.

CID

Beyond Meat.

Why are they calling it that? What's supposed to be "beyond" meat??

I eat a steak that was once a cow and it ate grass. So it's the plant that came first. The only thing that comes beyond steak is a trip to the toilet.

If anything they should call it Perpetual Meat.

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
If you're going to make a bullshit statement, expect to be called out on it.

Especially when you make a statement of fact, it helps to know you're not repeating what some yoga instructor threw up on her "health journey" blog.

And yes, I looked it up beforehand.

most of what you post is pretty much 'a bullshit statement' ... if you call science 'bullshit' there's not much left to convince you with.

if you really want to feel like the dumbass you are ... read "How to Not Die" by Dr. Michael Greger, M.D., FACLM .... the book is based on scientific facts, with studies backing it all up.

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
I doubt your plant-based diet is gonna do much to change fatal accidents (#3) and suicide (#10). :lol:

As for the rest, there is a link between diet and disease, but veganism by itself is not some fucking fairytale pixie dust, ya weirdo.

You're vegan.

We get it.

No need to lord your superiority over the rest of us savages :lol:

:roll::fu: 15 leading causes of death (medical wise)

1) coronary heart disease
2) lung disease
3) going to drs ...
4) brain disease ... something a.d. will not have
5) digestive cancers
6) infections
7) diabetes
8 high blood pressure
9) liver disease
10) blood cancers
11) kidney disease
12) breast cancer
13) suicide
14) prostate cancer
15) parkinson's disease

most dr visits are for 'lifestyle-based diseases, which means they're preventable diseases, all can be treated by diet .. read the book.

RobBase

BAMF
Surely you're not comparing the metabolism of a child to a grandmother?
Im comparing nothing. I'm pointing out that large amounts of saturated fat and cholesterol are as bad for a 13 year old kid as they are his 86 year old grandmother.
Metabolism has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

RobBase

BAMF
yeah it should be the opposite. One thing Stuman Stuman touched on in another thread is portion sizes. I distinctly remember being forced as a child to clear my plate. Part of that is ignorant parenting. Only thing I did with my kid is limit sugar and educate on drinking calories vs eating them.
A serious reply?!? I'm not sure how to act.
I was the most finicky eater as a kid, just as in the Life cereal commercial.....I was Mikey, I hated almost everything. Combine that with being the stubbornest kid ever, I never had to clear my plate, if I wasn't allowed to leave the table until my plate was clean, I would just lay my head on the table and go to sleep there.

Austin_F

BAMF+
I think that was handed down from the Great Depression generation. And it made sense to working folks. 'i just bought this food, why would i throw it away?'. I was raised the same way. I slept at the table as well if I couldn't stomach a whole plate of food.

The worst part is breaking the habit many years later, and willing yourself to waste food. My gf and I have a favorite breakfast diner, and we just get one meal and pay $1.99 for an add-on or two for her. Save money, don't waste food. Some places won't let you do that though.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I spoke to a couple of people today who have tried that stuff and they said it's fucking horrible. One of them goes vegetarian five days a week. The other if a full blown veg.

S.C.

OP
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
I spoke to a couple of people today who have tried that stuff and they said it's fucking horrible. One of them goes vegetarian five days a week. The other if a full blown veg.

S.C.
Hard to draw any conclusions from that

Vegetarians are savages and some of the most militant activists and opinionated AF

RobBase

BAMF

S.C.
What "stuff"?
Some of the veggie burgers out there are indeed horrible. The Impossible Burgers they sell at A&W in Canada are really good and almost hard to tell from ground beef.
When you think about it, how much taste does ground beef really have anyway? If it was that great, everyone would eat their burgers plain (like I did almost my entire life), not loaded with ketchup, pickles, lettuce, onions, cheese or bacon.

Last edited:

RobBase

BAMF
Hard to draw any conclusions from that

Vegetarians are savages and some of the most militant activists and opinionated AF
A lot of them are absolutely retarded liberal assholes.
My wife was on a few animal rights and veg/vegan Facebook pages, but after the election, she stated that she was a Trump supporter,.........boom!.......unfriended left and right by these dickheads.
I told her I was going to make her a red hat with the same font/sizing as a MAGA hat except it would say "Make America Vegan Again" so when she shows up to a gathering she can see just how many of them get triggered without even reading the hat.

When you think about it, how much taste does ground beef really have anyway? If it was that great, everyone would eat their burgers plain (like I did almost my entire life), not loaded with ketchup, pickles, lettuce, onions, cheese or bacon.
I started with condiments BECAUSE the plain burgers were inedible...lol
Did the vegetarian thing for almost 20yrs. Did I make my preferences known at say a wedding or someones Thanksgiving dinner? Nope... just shut the fuck up and ate what I wanted refused what I didnt. I usually got pissed at the dipshits trying to sell me into "meat this or sausage that"... or the stupid restaurants that would put meat in marinara. :rolleyes:

scottcolbath

BAMF+
What "stuff"?
Some of the veggie burgers out there are indeed horrible. The Impossible Burgers they sell at A&W in Canada are really good and almost hard to tell from ground beef.
The Beyond Meat stuff. I've never tried it. I don't mind the occasional Boca burger, or some other brand.

S.C.

Hapo

Dog Boy
A lot of them are absolutely retarded liberal assholes.
My wife was on a few animal rights and veg/vegan Facebook pages, but after the election, she stated that she was a Trump supporter,.........boom!.......unfriended left and right by these dickheads.
I told her I was going to make her a red hat with the same font/sizing as a MAGA hat except it would say "Make America Vegan Again" so when she shows up to a gathering she can see just how many of them get triggered without even reading the hat.
...I believe the USA is more divided than ever before...what place does political bull shit have on veggie board anyway...?!?..

Hapo

Dog Boy
...the triggering goes both ways...Vinnie's "Hillary for Prison" shirt got him harassed pretty severely at the gatherings he wore it at...

…nobody punched him or keyed his car though...most people got the joke eventually so there is that...

OP
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
...I believe the USA is more divided than ever before...what place does political bull shit have on veggie board anyway...?!?..
Wouldn't be surprised if the majority of vegetarians are so because of social and ethical grounds and a good chunk of that group would see to it that their rituals are forced on the rest of us

ADonf!

BAMF
Website
spookyfast.com
luckystrike, I have no intention or time to force any ritual on anyone. But know that I am the subject of the jokes with my vegetarian burritos.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...and just in the nick of time, from what I can see...it's for out own good...

...semi-seriously, I was watching Pepole's Court at the tire store today and there was not one contestant much over 30 or much under 300...

RobBase

BAMF
The majority of veg people are Lefty's that want to impose their way of life on everyone....same as always.

Stetson

BAMF
A friend of mine was married to a raw food vegan. She was nice enough, but pain in the ass to have over for dinner. He was bitching to me one time about how she spent $800 on a juicer or something. They're not married anymore, and she took off to LA to be a "life coach," whatever the fuck that is.

Anal Disco

BAMF
...aaaanyway, the inflammatory properties of meat are certainly well documented…
You're thinking of the correlation of red meat with cancer, particularly colon cancer. That's well known. Not inflammation.

And what do you think I'm reading when I look this shit up?

Blogs?

I pull stuff right off PubMed - that's a science journal search engine.

2019-05-16_01h23_06.png

You'll find that there is no clear cut evidence supporting one conclusion vs the other and that studies often contradict each other. Some say that red meat intake is associated with increased CRP levels (a inflammatory marker). Some say it's only with processed meats. Some say there is no direct correlation between red meat intake and inflammation, that it's indirect. Most say that BMI is strongly correlated - as in, red meat intake is associated with increased CRP markers, but only in fat people.

I'd certainly believe that processed meats can cause inflammation, but that's a side effect of the processing, not the meat itself. And cooking meat with high temperature is also linked with cancer too.

Here is the full text.
https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-pdf/99/2/352/23831007/352.pdf

Anal Disco

BAMF
most of what you post is pretty much 'a bullshit statement' ... if you call science 'bullshit' there's not much left to convince you with.

if you really want to feel like the dumbass you are ... read "How to Not Die" by Dr. Michael Greger, M.D., FACLM .... the book is based on scientific facts, with studies backing it all up.
From his own wikipedia:

Retired physician Harriet A. Hall, who is known as a skeptic in the medical community,[23][24][25] has written that, while it is well-accepted that it is more healthy to eat a plant-based diet than a typical Western diet, Greger often overstates the known benefits of such a diet as well as the harm caused by eating animal products (for example, in a talk, he claimed that a single meal rich in animal products can "cripple" one's arteries), and he sometimes does not discuss evidence that contradicts his strong claims.[19]

I'll read the studies myself, I don't like eating someone's else regurgitation of their interpretation of a study.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I must admire your tenacity if nothing else...

...it kind of reminds me when Tonya Carr just aboot single handedly got American Bulldogs recognized by the UCK...

...but it was more aboot getting back at Casey Coterie than helping the dogs...

...although you have cherry picked one especially ridiculous statement you also have substantiated what I and others here have been saying all along...

…" it is well-accepted that it is more healthy to eat a plant-based diet than a typical Western diet " ...

...thank you...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...fwiw, I never heard of any of the people here before AD's research...

...aaanyway, I might have me a bacon and egg with cheese on a hard roll today...

…I am just not kidding myself that is not as signifigent a health risk as having a shot of bourbon and a cigar...

Last edited:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...maybe I'll have some tomato on it...that's healthy...!!!... .!.:D.!.

CID

I respect the people that, for ethical or even health reasons, decide to not eat meat.
I also respect those that still recognize that the rest of us have our own choice to make.
The ones that even slip a little and grab a pepperoni or slice of a good salami because they miss the flavor are cool and I don't castigate them for it no more than anybody would for a quitting smoker breaking down now and again.

It's the freaks that are religious to a furor that I fuckin hate.
The same cocksuckers that will stand there and call you a fascist for voting a certain way.

OP
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
I'm FB friends with an activist type chick that repeatedly posts pictures and pages showing animal abuse, testing and the Asian dog meat trade, etc.

Horrific shit

When we hang out she's always at the ready to vilify anyone that's wearing clothes made with animal products or ordering meat dishes at a restaurant

I'd use the FB 'Snooze for 30 days' option if it wasn't for the fact that she's a babe + she sucked me off once in my car way back when her marriage was on the rocks (probably her only batch of protein in the last 20 years)

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I have seen eating bacon compared to asbestos exposer as a health risk but I don't think that is a fair comparison as I would never knowingly eat asbestos...

...it is interesting that the FDA is ok with sodium nitrate but the EPA is rightly all up in arms aboot asbestos...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I decided to go healthy so I ate some dried cranberries and nuts and an orange...….and some Snickers...

Top Bottom