OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Very charming...

The question is, have you tried it?

That shit is supposed to taste like the real deal, and I'm experiencing a bit of FOMO on this IPO

Hapo

Dog Boy
...if I don't want a hamburger, which I find vaguely disguising, why would I want that thing...?!?...

...I would prefer a falafel...

rumble phish

BAMF+
Since we're posting pic's of puking and shit that'll make you puke, here's a pic of Amy Schumer taking a shit after popping a kid out...

(WARNING! EXTREMELY GRAPHIC AND DISGUSTING!!!!!)

1557860645720.png

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
It was not a greasy cheese burger ... I wouldn't call it terrible but Give me a Animal style or Double Double ... or if your here in NY a Jackson Hole Burger

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
yeah, I have .. those who enjoy burgers will like it, the texture and flavor are very close to meat, there are several similar products in market already, most are made with plant proteins, soy, oil and nutritional yeast ... I've personally found I don't care for them as much as the burgers made with veggies, they're much better to my palate .. but yeah, I did buy stock in them.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
There's lots of people that think meat is too much of a risky hassle. I'd rather have a slab of grilled eggplant or even properly seasoned extra firm tofu instead of bird meat when I eat out.

Stetson

BAMF
I'll eat anything that I like the taste of, and won't make me sick. I'll try them. (patties in the OP) I do avoid soy, though, so that's good they don't have it.

I don't do bird meat when eating out

That's for peasants
I have this exact same philosophy. Kind of. We eat it at home all the time because it's cheap. Fucked if I'm going to order it when I go out to eat, too. :thumbdown:

I never order spaghetti either.

MR. Suzuki

Fastestest
Being that the Girlfriend is a Pescatarian (fish, pasta, salad eater) and my employee here is a true Vegan as well as his girlfriend I have had the opportunity to try many more “heathier” meat/food offerings. The beyond meat burger from Carl’s Jr was pretty good however I had it made like any other regular meat burger and had cheese, the consistency way “ok” however not 100 % like a real meat hamburger.

Moved on and tried the Beyond meat brand “meat crumbles” used it in tacos with regular seasoning and was pretty good. I would prefer either beef or at the worst ground Turkey meat.

We picked up the patties pictured above and learned a valuable lesson, don’t BBQ/cook by how Pink they are on the inside, they have beet juice added for coloring and even when cooked “Beyond” the few minutes per side that is needed they are still pink. Please note, when over cooked in the house the smell is horrible. The need to be no more than 160-165F to be fully “cooked”

RobBase

BAMF
Tried the Beyond burger a few years ago so I don't really remember how it was but we we're eating quite a few of the Impossible burgers at A&W when we were in Canada last year and they are really good. We'll be waiting til they have them at Burger King down here to continue.
Famous quote from House of Cards......."vegan is trending."

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I'm surprised Big Beef hasn't put out a hit on the suppliers of the veggie stuff.

It’ll be interesting to watch the pendulum swing when the dollar starts calling the shots down the road...

Somewhat topical

Meat industry in Europe is lobbying the EU to prevent plant product makers from using the words ‘burger’ ‘sausage’ etc.

Expect that will go global
They are suing to restrict them from using the word meat here....

Anal Disco

BAMF
I doubt your plant-based diet is gonna do much to change fatal accidents (#3) and suicide (#10). :lol:

As for the rest, there is a link between diet and disease, but veganism by itself is not some fucking fairytale pixie dust, ya weirdo.

You're vegan.

We get it.

No need to lord your superiority over the rest of us savages :lol:

RobBase

BAMF
I doubt your plant-based diet is gonna do much to change fatal accidents (#3) and suicide (#10). :lol:

As for the rest, there is a link between diet and disease, but veganism by itself is not some fucking fairytale pixie dust, ya weirdo.

You're vegan.

We get it.

No need to lord your superiority over the rest of us savages :lol:
I don't see where Bowtie is lording anything, just pointing out some highly researched facts.
To each his own. Like my wife says, you kill the animal now, it kills you later.

RobBase

BAMF
Here's a interesting anecdote;
Christmas dinner at my mom's house.........my mom made some sausages as part of dinner
but when she was passed the serving plate, she turned down the sausages,........she says,
"give mine to Jack (my nephew), he likes them a lot and I can't eat them anymore, they're bad
for me (she's watching her cholesterol)."

If they're bad for her now at her age, how are they "good" for Jack, at any age???

Top Bottom