Best American car of the decade. The 50's...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Obviously subjective, but I've always liked Lincolns.

That grill was recreated on a car recently....looked awesome.

[Edit] found it ....slats are going the wrong way.

View attachment 82945
Same effect is there though.

I think it's the shapes of the models I've shown here that do the most for me.

The cars from mid 70's thru to now are very plain to my eye and lack the sensual beauty the older cars have.

Some soul was lost somewhere along the way.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
ive always had my eye on 30s model b types for sure....it is such a clean and good look.

ive never sat in one though, and comfort for "larger folks" is one of the reasons I sold my 29 model a
With a sedan, you can make them comfortable by moving seats back and lowering the mounting some, coupes and roadsters, not so much.
I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 32' delivery but, the grill on 33's and 34's trip my trigger.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
I did install the seat brackets to move the front seat back a few inches. it wasnt so much that, as the fact that the wheel is so large, and the clutch/brake/gas pedals in such a position that you essentially have to sit indian style to shift gears to allow your knees to clear the wheel. not to mention a 90 year old 3 speed manual gearbox with straight cut gears and no syncros was not fun in traffic, or not in traffic for that matter. that said, the car had wood floors, so it would not have been a real chore to move the seat back even more. downside of that of course is you lose all the legroom in the back!

agree completely on the slanted grilles. this is definitely a "bucket list" vehicle for sure if one ever popped up locally id be first in line to go look at it with a wad of cash!

thats kinda how I found that roadmaster...facebook marketplace has a gem now and then! if it werent for that torque tube style drivetrain that would make dropping in a sbc/auto trans a nightmare...id have probably already paid the guy.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
1959 Cadillac is the best car from the 50’s…..everything else is a distant second

• Red
Reactions: Red
Top Bottom