Bent a valve on the old lady's Jammyha

I do this shit every day and still get my ass kicked every once in a while. Comes outta my pocket this time. Worst part is I thought "something isn't right" and decided to keep turning it. Then I says "self, you just bent a fucking valve"

Like I said though, fixing these things is cheaper than eating so I could skip lunch for 2 days to pony up $15 for the valve.

OP
OP
Why was a 1/2" impact wrench needed for this service? Is there also a sledge hammer nearby? :up:
Because that POS has about as much power as my good 3/8" that I use at work. Used it to remove the nut on the cam sprocket and nut on the flywheel.

OP
OP
well you and the bellicose one would make great "roomies" with your Defaults...lol
He'd work the next stall over I'm sure, as long as I left him alone. Once there was this tech that wanted to move over to a dark corner to get away from me. He was a bitch though, always whining to the boss like he was gonna get me in trouble. He also messed up a bunch of stuff and quit.

He'd work the next stall over I'm sure, as long as I left him alone. Once there was this tech that wanted to move over to a dark corner to get away from me. He was a bitch though, always whining to the boss like he was gonna get me in trouble. He also messed up a bunch of stuff and quit.
just saying... if you try to show Master-Cylinder Master-Cylinder something, (like using a new, never sliced O ring) he is gona Billet Chicken your ass...hehe

OP
OP
just saying... if you try to show Master-Cylinder Master-Cylinder something, (like using a new, never sliced O ring) he is gona Billet Chicken your ass...hehe
Showing someone something makes you partially responsible. I don't need to show him shit, he can have dibs on every 80's scooter or V65 that comes into the shop. I'll even throw in the garbage wagons, both 2 and 3 wheeled.

BilletMan

Makes Chips and Rapid Conversaion
Sorry for your troubles, shit does happen! Thanks for posting it up....fix it and go RIDING!! There's your incentive...

OP
OP
Sorry for your troubles, shit does happen! Thanks for posting it up....fix it and go RIDING!! There's your incentive...
We're going to Utah in 9 days, taking our bikes. They say the Honda is a better kid bike but I don't see a fully adjustable suspension or rear shock with remote reservoir on them. 19 inch front wheel, it's a pretty decent bike. Electric start of course.

OP
OP
Just waiting on the Wiseco valve. Already took both valves out, replaced seals, put intake valve back in. Trying not to be too cheap, we want this thing going at max potential...52 mph or so. I re-ringed it this time, still has the factory piston. It's a 10 year old bike but it's in really good shape,

I'm seeing top end kits for this bike for $29 on ebay, You get a cylinder, piston, pin, gaskets, and rings....from China....wonder how long it would last?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Just waiting on the Wiseco valve. Already took both valves out, replaced seals, put intake valve back in. Trying not to be too cheap, we want this thing going at max potential...52 mph or so. I re-ringed it this time, still has the factory piston. It's a 10 year old bike but it's in really good shape,

I'm seeing top end kits for this bike for $29 on ebay, You get a cylinder, piston, pin, gaskets, and rings....from China....wonder how long it would last?

Try one and find out.
What do you use to cut the seats?

OP
OP
Where's all the junk and garbage? And you have lights too!
The wheels on my lift have worn 1/2 deep grooves in the floor.
That's my area no one else is allowed to work in. The rest of the place is also my area if I see fit.....we hide the junk in the dark corners, I'd be happy to share some junk pics if you want....tomorrow.

well if snail would fill us in on how the Chinks do it via traditional business protocols...
maybe they save the R&D by IP theft?? :D

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I had one like that only the wheels weren't pink and it was in one piece...

...that bike was just aboot my speed...maybe if it was a 150 or a 175 it would have been perfect...

OP
OP
...I had one like that only the wheels weren't pink and it was in one piece...

...that bike was just aboot my speed...maybe if it was a 150 or a 175 it would have been perfect...
Are you too short for a dirt bike with 21" front wheel?

Master-Cylinder

The blue Monty tyre changer is the one the AMI grads use, the Coats is the one I use. Both machines are almost the same age.

DSCN2264.JPG DSCN2265.JPG DSCN2266.JPG

OP
OP
They have the left pedal hooked up backwards on the Coats at the Honda dealer. I'm the only one that knows this it seems because it's switching 2 hoses around. I may get to it someday.....makes clamping a nice wheel a bit more challenging.

Master-Cylinder

I've used the Monty and Coats at the junkyard, and my Gorghi at home, all three have the pedals connected differently! :cry:
You know those super hard tyres that pop back on the bead after you break them. I made some "tools" to keep the bead in so it is easier and less scratch prone to get those fuckers in the clamps. I should have made them years ago.

OP
OP
Now that you mention it, I think i can come up with some of these tools. Low profile stiffwall touring tires are the worst.

Master-Cylinder

We won't do those fucking TubLiss monkey fuck inner tube things!:fu: Did a few...fuck that!

whipit1K

BAMF

I bought a complete top end kit for a CRF70 for about that $. There was almost zero ring end gap....extremely tight. probably would have seized or trashed itsself if not gapped properly.. cylinder was not bored perfectly straight.

we did a little work on the cylinder and slapped it on- the 70 was a $200 junker anyway. I let it warm up slowly several times to see what would happen, then rode it normally . seemed to work....simple little machine

OP
OP
I bought a complete top end kit for a CRF70 for about that $. There was almost zero ring end gap....extremely tight. probably would have seized or trashed itsself if not gapped properly.. cylinder was not bored perfectly straight.

we did a little work on the cylinder and slapped it on- the 70 was a $200 junker anyway. I let it warm up slowly several times to see what would happen, then rode it normally . seemed to work....simple little machine
That's good info. How do they mess up the bore? Were the base and head gasket surfaces not parallel, or their boring machines outta tram from being crashed so much? Likely the latter. I wonder if the original "made in brazil" is any better.

We were putting my brother in laws 107 top end on his harley, kit came with Wiseco pistons/rings. They had the wrong oil rings with them. The scraper rings had about a -.002 gap. I called the supplier and gave them a bunch of extra work that day, and probably Wiseco too.

Master-Cylinder

I bought a Chink kit for my '87 CH150 because the assholes at Honda no longer carry parts for it. The Chink shit almost fit, but was off just enough not to. It had something to do with the cam chain tensioner blades, they didn't sit right in it.
I still have the kit if any of you want to buy it from me.

Master-Cylinder

I use four of these around the rim to hold the bead down to keep from damaging the rim. String is to keep them from falling in the wheel and make them easier to keep track of. Made of nylon.
20190523_095313[1].jpg

OP
OP
I use four of these around the rim to hold the bead down to keep from damaging the rim. String is to keep them from falling in the wheel and make them easier to keep track of. Made of nylon.
I have some delrin pieces to make them out of. As soon as you described you had a "tool" I knew what you were up to. I was thinking longer pieces with a radius but if that's all you need so be it.

Master-Cylinder

I have some delrin pieces to make them out of. As soon as you described you had a "tool" I knew what you were up to. I was thinking longer pieces with a radius but if that's all you need so be it.
Sure, I could have gone a BilletMan and carved out something fancy, but these work find. Just put so rope on them to keep track of them.

Had a guy bring in his rear wheel with a flat. Took the tyre off and found a buck knife inside the tyre, it pretty much ruined the tube. The guys says "so that's were it went", he was using it to mount the tyre. No, I'm not bull shitting you! I still run across the guy every now and then, he's still an idiot!

OP
OP
Still in high school working at an auto repair shop, I ask the owner "Hey Dave why don't you have a tire machine?"
He replies...."because tire machines attract squirrels"

I've been carrying that memory for 30 years, no truer words were ever spoken.

Top Bottom