Been off T...

BigBusa

BAMF+
...for about a month now. I stop occasionally so my balls have something to do and slowly grow back. tmi... yeah I know.

I'm sure my T count is down in the low 200's now. I'm withering away and could care less about sowing my wild oats.

It's amazing how a normal T count is so crucial to a man's sexual interests and muscle mass.

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
...for about a month now. I stop occasionally so my balls have something to do and slowly grow back. tmi... yeah I know.

I'm sure my T count is down in the low 200's now. I'm withering away and could care less about sowing my wild oats.

It's amazing how a normal T count is so crucial to a man's sexual interests and muscle mass.
Dude you wanna hear something funny?
My 82 yr old father just tested 270 for T. They won t prescribe it to him.

gsteve

BAMF+
I wish it was as easy to get on here as it is there. I’d be plugged in now. I did have prostrate cancer and that would make me think a bit. Lots I’ve read says there’s no link. Some says there sure is

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
Dude you wanna hear something funny?
My 82 yr old father just tested 270 for T. They won t prescribe it to him.
I was at 242 and my doc in NY would not prescribe. He said the cut off for "low T" is 240. Dick! Atlanta has a ton of "men's health clinics" so getting T here is easy.

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
Gobrian was going on T the last time I was here. How'd that all work out?

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Gobrian was going on T the last time I was here. How'd that all work out?
Pressed the 130lb dumbbells (can't bench press due to a fucked shoulder) 10x about an hour ago (a PB), so pretty good. For me it was all about gym recovery, but I'm just working out harder and longer than before (and I was hitting it 5-6x per week then- haven't missed 6x in months), so I'm as exhausted and achy as I was before, but bigger and stronger. I was at a 430 count before starting (I believe the constant physical stress of lifting weights kept it at a decent level), so I didn't really need it, but the gym is an important thing for me, and I'm getting older and it's not easy to keep going heavy.

I take 125mg weekly of enanthate divided into 2 doses (as a bit is left in the syringe afterward, it's likely closer to 110mg)- no issues with side effects or ball shrinkage- it sounds like you're taking too much, certainly more than you need. While the 'R' in TRT means replacement, it's actually about supplementation, not shutting down your body's natural production.

Like Bowtie said, if your dosage is correct, there's no reason to go off it.

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
before and after/during pics would be awesome

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Don't have 'em, and doubt I'd post them anyway. I've put on ~15lbs, with most of it being muscle. I was pressing the 100lb dumbbells 8x before starting, so that's a pretty decent gain at 54 (especially for a guy who was already going to the gym regularly and working out hard- I'm no newb who would make a lot of gains starting from zero), and I'm not done yet- I'll add a pound to each dumbbell next week, and keep doing that until I can't hit at least eight reps. The improvement has been extremely consistent across the board, but my Monday chest workout tells the story.

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
I thought you were gonna do this whole start to finish, helpful, inspiring, detailed write up of your Testosterone journey? :question2:😶🤥😐

Last edited:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I thought you were gonna do this whole start to finish, helpful, inspiring, detailed write up of your Testosterone journey? :question2:😶🤥😐
I was, but I decided against it on the open board- I communicate via PM with a couple people whose opinions I respect and who were helpful to me when I started out, though. Anyone is free to contact me that way if they want to share info, but, unless I'm specifically mentioned like on this thread or someone has a question that I know the actual answer to, I don't bother.

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
bert thread. Bummer ok

Last edited:

BigGar

high on placebo
I still do my 1/2cc (or a little more) every week, along with a cc of B12. I'll take a week or two break here and there to give my balls a little job as well. They do get ta' shrinkin'.

Pressed the 130lb dumbbells (can't bench press due to a fucked shoulder) 10x about an hour ago (a PB), so pretty good. For me it was all about gym recovery, but I'm just working out harder and longer than before (and I was hitting it 5-6x per week then- haven't missed 6x in months), so I'm as exhausted and achy as I was before, but bigger and stronger. I was at a 430 count before starting (I believe the constant physical stress of lifting weights kept it at a decent level), so I didn't really need it, but the gym is an important thing for me, and I'm getting older and it's not easy to keep going heavy.

I take 125mg weekly of enanthate divided into 2 doses (as a bit is left in the syringe afterward, it's likely closer to 110mg)- no issues with side effects or ball shrinkage- it sounds like you're taking too much, certainly more than you need. While the 'R' in TRT means replacement, it's actually about supplementation, not shutting down your body's natural production.

Like Bowtie said, if your dosage is correct, there's no reason to go off it.
Why enanthate at 2 shots when you could do Cypionate and only have to stick once/week with same results?

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
I still do my 1/2cc (or a little more) every week, along with a cc of B12. I'll take a week or two break here and there to give my balls a little job as well. They do get ta' shrinkin'.
1/2 cc of what though? I do 1.5 cc weekly of 100 mg/mL and still only maintain around a 500 level.
20210308_142832.jpg

• Red
Reactions: Red

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Why not the 200 mg/ml? I've been using this for 3+ years. Usually, 1ml per week.

View attachment 58255
Good question, my Dr won't prescribe it in anything other than the 100 solution. Of course he thinks I'm only injecting 1cc weekly instead of 1.5, but I'd still rather only do .5-.75 cc weekly. It's my PCP, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I asked for a higher dose since I test at 400-500, but the request was denied. :lol:

Good question, my Dr won't prescribe it in anything other than the 100 solution. Of course he thinks I'm only injecting 1cc weekly instead of 1.5, but I'd still rather only do .5-.75 cc weekly. It's my PCP, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I asked for a higher dose since I test at 400-500, but the request was denied. :lol:
Napsgear.org..... can't miss , and they give a discount when you use bitcoin...i also have a save 10% code if you want it..

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Little story....
I used to shoot it in my hip area, more to the side of my ass. Would occasionally get some decent bleeding and difficult to push the plunger. Switched to the mid part of my ass, virtually no bleeding and easier to inject. No occasional "golf balls" any more either.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Why enanthate at 2 shots when you could do Cypionate and only have to stick once/week with same results?
I think once per week with Cypionate or Enanthate (they're very similar, though Cyp is breaks down in the body slightly more slowly as has a longer half-life) will lead to less stable daily levels (highs and lows), even though once or twice per week will give you the same average level over time. The absolute best way (though it's kinda inconvenient) would be to do a micro-dose daily, though that's extreme. Some guys are happier doing it once per week, and that's fine- research has shown that in the end, they'll have the same basic effect and T count, but doing it more often means it's less likely you'll feel like you 'need' a shot. It works for me. I'd still do it twice weekly with Cyp.

Also, at least here, Cyp and Enanthate are the same price per ml and come in the same 1ml glass ampoules (which, once opened, can't be resealed), but the Cyp is at a concentration of 200mg/ml and Enanthate is 250mg/ml, making the E not only cheaper per mg, but better suited to my personal dosage (one ampoule is exactly four shots).

These things, which aren't nearly a convenient as a vial- there's a pharmacist who told me he can get Enanthate vials, but I've got nearly a year's worth of ampoules on-hand, so it will be a while before I switch:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
If he's lifting a pair of 130 lb dumbbells, whatever he's shooting... it's working for him! Skip to 3:30. 130lb is huge.
That guy is shoulder pressing and incline pressing those weights- he's much stronger than me- I can only dumbbell press the 130s on a flat bench. :wink2:

• Red
OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
easy to find another doc or a mens health clinic if you're near a larger city.

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
That guy is shoulder pressing and incline pressing those weights- he's much stronger than me- I can only dumbbell press the 130s on a flat bench. :wink2:
I was really impressed with the 405 warm up with what look liked plenty of reps.

• Red

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
I just started on CYP about 3-4 months ago 200mg/1ml every two weeks. When I first tested I was at 192 and the last time I tested at 740, but it was within 3-4 days of taking an injection. Endo Doc said at my next blood draw in a month or so to ensure it's been 7-8 days since my last injection. He feels the number will be slightly lower than the previous 740.

Also I have been doing the upper/outer portion of the glute for an injection and it's pretty easy. That said my friend who is a nurse said they are slowly starting to change and get people to shoot in the outside portion if the thigh in the middle portion in-between the knee and hip. She was telling me there are lots of nerves in the glute area and there's a lot less chance of hitting anything in the thigh. I did one in the thigh a few weeks ago and my leg was sore for like 4 days. Couldn't tell if it was from the injection or from all the riding I had been doing.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
His form on the dumbells was very good. That guy is extremely strong! I just dislike compromising form for a few extra pounds. His ass leaving the bench bugged me :lol:

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
I just started on CYP about 3-4 months ago 200mg/1ml every two weeks. When I first tested I was at 192 and the last time I tested at 740, but it was within 3-4 days of taking an injection. Endo Doc said at my next blood draw in a month or so to ensure it's been 7-8 days since my last injection. He feels the number will be slightly lower than the previous 740.

Also I have been doing the upper/outer portion of the glute for an injection and it's pretty easy. That said my friend who is a nurse said they are slowly starting to change and get people to shoot in the outside portion if the thigh in the middle portion in-between the knee and hip. She was telling me there are lots of nerves in the glute area and there's a lot less chance of hitting anything in the thigh. I did one in the thigh a few weeks ago and my leg was sore for like 4 days. Couldn't tell if it was from the injection or from all the riding I had been doing.
I'm still using 21 gauge needles, but did switch from 1.5" to just 1"
I couldn't imagine doing a 1.5" to the thigh, or even a 1" for that matter!

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
I'm still using 21 gauge needles, but did switch from 1.5" to just 1"
I couldn't imagine doing a 1.5" to the thigh, or even a 1" for that matter!
22 gauge 1.5 long here in the thigh didn’t hurt at all. That and I can’t do the dart thing they teach so I insert slowly and it was no pain as those fucking needles sharp as fuck

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
22 gauge 1.5 long here in the thigh didn’t hurt at all. That and I can’t do the dart thing they teach so I insert slowly and it was no pain as those fucking needles sharp as fuck
Ya, I used to jab just to break the skin, now just slowly apply pressure. The only time I feel anything at all is just initially breaking the skin. I tried 23G for a short time, I actually prefer the 21G

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
Back when I was trying to figure out why I had no energy, I asked my doc to test for T level. Came back at 140 if I remember correctly, she told me that was on the low side of normal.
Didn't do anything about it though. She told me the tiredness was in my head, or, I was smoking too much weed.
I went to another doctor that also said there was nothing wrong with me. I found out 12 years later that the tiredness was due to cancer.

I think once per week with Cypionate or Enanthate (they're very similar, though Cyp is absorbed slightly more slowly) will lead to less stable daily levels (highs and lows), even though one or twice per week will give you the same average level over time. The absolute best way (though it's kinda inconvenient) would be to do a micro-dose daily, though that's extreme. Some guys are happier doing it once per week, and that's fine- research has shown that in the end, they'll have the same basic effect and T count, but doing it more often means its less likely you'll feel like you 'need' a shot. It works for me. I'd still do it twice weekly with Cyp.

Also, at least here, Cyp and Enthanthate are the same price per ml and come in the same 1ml glass ampoules (which, once opened, can't be resealed), but the Cyp is at a concentration of 200mg/ml and Enanthate is 250mg/ml, making the E not only cheaper per mg, but better suited to my personal dosage (one ampoule is exactly four shots).

These things, which aren't nearly a convenient as a vial- there's a pharmacist who told me he can get Enanthate vials, but I've got nearly a year's worth of ampoules on-hand, so it will be a while before I switch:

View attachment 58260
Makes sense..I may consider going with E for my next "blast"...

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
Back when I was trying to figure out why I had no energy, I asked my doc to test for T level. Came back at 140 if I remember correctly, she told me that was on the low side of normal.
Didn't do anything about it though. She told me the tiredness was in my head, or, I was smoking too much weed.
I went to another doctor that also said there was nothing wrong with me. I found out 12 years later that the tiredness was due to cancer.
just goes to show... never accept their diagnosis if youre feeling something.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I shoot it subcutaneously into the abdominal wall with a 25G 5/8ths needle- way easier than an IM shot. The lower vascularity of fat over muscle means T is absorbed more slowly, leading to more stable levels over time.

As far as your total average level over time goes, clinical studies have shown no real difference between subQ and IM regarding your total T count, but, day to day, your level remains more constant (less of a peak or valley) over time with subQ due to slower absorption. There's loads of info available. IM works fine if you like it, but subQ has worked well for me. Look into 'subQ vs IM testosterone'.

WARREN

BAMF+
That said my friend who is a nurse said they are slowly starting to change and get people to shoot in the outside portion if the thigh in the middle portion in-between the knee and hip. She was telling me there are lots of nerves in the glute area and there's a lot less chance of hitting anything in the thigh. I did one in the thigh a few weeks ago and my leg was sore for like 4 days. Couldn't tell if it was from the injection or from all the riding I had been doing.
Scott..... please..... avoid quad injections like the plague.

they NEVER get better, only worse.
glute or I guess delt if you really hate glute shots that bad.
I've been taking 2-3 glute shots a week for about 4 or more years. that is THE location to use.
I'll fight a nurse any day of the week on that one

agri

BAMF
Im laughing because when I was lifting my max it was a diet of beer and pizza.
Had a gut, could still run 10k in under 40 minutes.
Never ever thought of taking drugs( unless it was the weekend and it made me laugh)

BigGar

high on placebo
1/2 cc of what though? I do 1.5 cc weekly of 100 mg/mL and still only maintain around a 500 level.
I'm on the same stuff BB's on which is 2X the "strength" of your stuff, but I'm only shooting about 1/3 (or so) as much each week.

It's thick. A lot thicker than the B12 I take. If I warm it up to closer to body temp before injecting it's easier to push the plunger.

I draw it out with a 18ga needle but then swap to 23g to inject.

I try to stay around 700-800

BigGar

high on placebo
tell your doc to give you a script for HCG.. It will eliminate ball shrinkage.
HCG Info......HCG
I'll have to look into that. Sounds like it's an estrogen blocker, which may also help me out. Getting a full workup from an endocrineologist to get a much more comprehensive look at my blood soon.

I'd also like to get on some of the HGC :) !

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
I'm on the same stuff BB's on which is 2X the "strength" of your stuff, but I'm only shooting about 1/3 (or so) as much each week.

It's thick. A lot thicker than the B12 I take. If I warm it up to closer to body temp before injecting it's easier to push the plunger.

I draw it out with a 18ga needle but then swap to 23g to inject.

I try to stay around 700-800
Even the 100 stuff is thick. I put the vial between my nutsack and thigh for a few minutes to warm it up :lol:

Top Bottom