Been a long time in the making

OP
Stites

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
If these bullshit threads don't stop soon, I'm liable to start looking for a dirt bike again, goddamnit. I haven't had one in 10+ years. Knock it off, I don't need to be thinking about dirt bikes, winter's coming!! :bigsmile::2guns:
So what you are saying is post video of us riding? So that you can actually see some of the terrain, scenery and freedom one can access on a dirt bike, okay done!

A nice slow ride from the top of Peavine to the valley floor from Peak To Peak. This is a great video to show some of what we ride in my back yard.

OP
Stites

Stites

he better do some whoolies
This mofo can wheelie like no other!! We were on a nice long straight and I wicked it up to gain some speed as did he and before you know we were kind of racing except I look over and this bastard is matching my speed in 4th gear but he has the big 450 pitched back on on wheel at about 10:30/11:00. He carried it for some time.....it was beautiful!

zxfan

BAM
BEAUTIFUL riding area. The only problem I see is not enough fuel in my tank. :biggrin1a::biggrin1a::biggrin1a:

This is where I'll be riding tomorrow. 1000 acres of ranch land that has one way trails. Members only. This is pretty much the best we have in South Florida.
Video is shortly after I got my KTM 350 EXCF with my buddy Greg narrating.

OP
Stites

Stites

BEAUTIFUL riding area. The only problem I see is not enough fuel in my tank. :biggrin1a::biggrin1a::biggrin1a:

This is where I'll be riding tomorrow. 1000 acres of ranch land that has one way trails. Members only. This is pretty much the best we have in South Florida.

Looks legit! Only thing it’s missing is some elevation changes

• Red
Reactions: Red

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench

Where's that place located? I could bring my KDX and my Member there and tear it up.

OP
Stites

Stites

After a break from riding we did some bike maintenance, washed the bikes and cleaned the air filters as the dust is ridiculous right now.

Afterwards we cooked some food on the grill, had some adult beverages and sat around the fire and lied to each other about how fast we were when we were younger.

CCA4974F-6D92-400B-B093-CDD3D1A6F172.jpeg612A63F5-4F39-4D4D-9C3A-D9A2077EC0BC.jpeg1C0D3B0E-956C-4F11-97C3-52B0FE38B879.jpegCCE0AD93-B163-490C-86CD-824F7974A2F6.jpeg

OP
Stites

Stites

Short video from yesterday.....lighting is hard on this video for several reasons. One the sun is always seems to be so low this time of year. Two, we get pretty deep into the trees and they are tall so they cast lots of shadows. Three all the pine needles just fell in the last few weeks as it’s getting cold up there. It was 30 degrees when we started. The pine needles cover the forest floor and give little to no contrast of anything.

OP
Stites

Stites

This is more video from Friday and is the last leg of single track from Peavine Peak at around 8500 ft. The track descends all the way to Verdi, NV on the valley floor at around 4500 ft.

OP
Stites

Stites

Started out the day with the new sticker John gave me......I need to learn to wheelie like him. This mofo can wheelie!!60C83D05-679A-429E-B7FC-D7594DCF7346.jpeg

• WTF
OP
Stites

Stites

I mean did he bring his own bike or is that a spare you loan to visitors *cough cough* ?
He brought his own.....I bought a spare bike for friends a few years ago and it sat for 18 months so I sold it. You are welcome anytime

• Red

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
can you street ride to the trails or are you trucking them to a drop off spot?

Dameon

BAMF+
Hmmm... that's a thought. I'd love to hump a KTM 500 all day, but I'd probably do better on the technical stuff with a little Honda 250.

I'll pencil it in for a spring/fall 2021 trip. Gotta convince the wife (who's never piloted a bike) to hop on a Honda 50 or something to tag along. Maybe that 110 would work. Or maybe she can hang with Mrs. Stites doing whatever she likes to do.

OP
Stites

Stites

Hmmm... that's a thought. I'd love to hump a KTM 500 all day, but I'd probably do better on the technical stuff with a little Honda 250.

I'll pencil it in for a spring/fall 2021 trip. Gotta convince the wife (who's never piloted a bike) to hop on a Honda 50 or something to tag along. Maybe she can hang with Mrs. Stites doing whatever she likes to do.

We have a RzR no need to put her on a bike.......girls can roll in style and comfort in the RzR. Mrs. Stites likes to go explore in the trees

• Red
Top Bottom