Battery powered heated gloves, what ya got?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
It get's into the 40's here, somedays lower, and since I ride every day, my hands freeze. I bought a pair last year, one didn't work right out of the box, sent them back. The gloves have to be battery powered because my 6 Volt DT250 ain't gonna do plug in gloves. Scooter... maybe.

Stetson

BAMF
How much would heated grips draw? Must not be much, because the wires that broke on my Moto Guzzi were teeny tiny wires.

You shouldn't really need added heat for 40s. A decent insulated glove would be fine, if you don't have circulation problems. I'd take a picture of mine, but it's only got down to the teens a couple times, so I haven't dug them out yet.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

My fingers freeze in anything less than 60 degrees while riding even with winter gloves.
I've installed my fair share of heated grips, but I don't want to have to buy a pair for every motorcycle or scooter I might ride.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
They haven't been available here since the local snowmobile dealership went out of business.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I have 3 stage heated grips on the KTM.. other wise I ride with a pair of summer gloves. Anything under 15 degrees I turn the electric on low.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

I have 3 stage heated grips on the KTM.. other wise I ride with a pair of summer gloves. Anything under 15 degrees I turn the electric on low.
Yeah but I barely sweat here in the summer.

Z

BAMF+
:eek: Da main man ,,,of nigga riggin (buildin stuff) :wink2:

Can't mount a 12 volt battery sumwhere,, :roll:

on da yammie,,, ta powa,,,,, da gloves? :razz:

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

:eek: Da main man ,,,of nigga riggin (buildin stuff) :wink2:

Can't mount a 12 volt battery sumwhere,, :roll:

on da yammie,,, ta powa,,,,, da gloves? :razz:
I've ridden three different motorcycles this morning while it was still cold. I would have needed to install heated grips or jacked into each of them. Heated gloves are the way to go.

I used those covers that go over the handlebars. They're a pain in the ass if you frequently move your hands.

Otherwise non-perf summer gloves.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I got a nice warm wax bath for my sore in the cold/winter hands.

Much better than running them under the hot water so they come unlocked from claw mode.

Austin_F

BAMF+
I got a nice warm wax bath for my sore in the cold/winter hands.

Much better than running them under the hot water so they come unlocked from claw mode.
that takes me back.

every morning after bailing hay the day before i would have to soak my hands in a sink of hot water to get them to move.

Top Bottom