Bands representing State. Battle of the Bands...

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
New Jersey... The Misfits and The Smithereens

Minneapolis / Minnesota... The Replacements and Bob Mould (Husker Du, Sugar, etc)

Ohio... Devo and The Pretenders

Boston / Massachusetts... Mighty Mighty Bosstones and The Pixies

Washington DC... Bad Brains

Kentucky... Nine Pound Hammer

When it comes to NY - I think of NY Hardcore - Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags.

Same thing with Boston Hardcore, although I only got into the later stuff like Bane and Have Heart.

I have no idea what the state of punk is now. One of the message boards I used to hang out on would announce shows (that were otherwise hard to find info on) but it ended up shutting down and I stopped seeing the bands.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
When it comes to NY - I think of NY Hardcore - Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags.
Same thing with Boston Hardcore, although I only got into the later stuff like Bane and Have Heart.
I have no idea what the state of punk is now. One of the message boards I used to hang out on would announce shows (that were otherwise hard to find info on) but it ended up shutting down and I stopped seeing the bands.
just wasnt ever a fan of that genre. Even when a good night involved being in a mosh pit.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Lol... My gf said the same thing... I guess it wasnt one show fluke.
still makes my blood boil from just the mention of that shitty group of addicts. I wont even associate them with music. They should be locked in a room with the remaining Millie Vanilli... Girl you know its true them to death!!!! :fu:

Top Bottom