Back at South OC Cars & Coffee

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
So the last couple weeks I've been going back to the local Cars & Coffee meet with my car. Since they started doing it again after the lockdown it's grown tremendously and draws a ton of cars and people. There is a huge variety of car to look at from exotics to stanced out ricers to hot rods and classics. I spend a couple hours walking all the rows of cars each time I go and love checking out everyone's ride and chatting with the owners.

I'm a little bored of the exotics lately. Some are pretty cool, but there are so many McLarens, Lambos, Ferraris, etc. that they just don't excite me like some of the other stuff.

Anyway, a couple photos from today....

Starting with best in show :)
gts by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

And best motor goes to..... I just love a roots type blower :)
chevelle by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

Death Trap. I can't imagine getting on the gas in something like this, seems so sketch...
hr1 by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

Just like the color on this rod, kinda different...
hr2 by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

So classic ..
hr3 by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

Bunches of speedsters today...
speedster by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

speedster2 by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

This Vette looked like it just rolled out of the showroom. So nice...
vette by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

You don't see many of these around anymore. I love the over the top styling Pontiac did durring this era.
ta by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

And just because.....
z by Stuart Smith, on Flickr

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Thanks for the pics Stu, lots of nice rods there.

I was supposed to go to an Italian cars and coffee yesterday, but they put it off 'til 31 Oct. Gonna need a lot of coffee for that one, it'll be cool in Nashville.

But it's always nice...lots of nice cars show up...even some non-Italian stuff will be there. 2 months ago a Veyron and a few GT-40s showed up.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Ugggh. I think stuff sticking out of the hood looks ugly, clunky, and flintstone.

To each his own. Great pics, Stu, as usual.

OP
Stuman

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
And I vote for a Willys with a roots blower. I've always loved them. There's an old movie from the late 70s called Hot Rod, the hero car is a Willys. I remember seeing that movie on tv when I was a kid thinking that was the coolest car ever.

Although I think A23's car might be a 40 ford which is right up at the top of the list for me. A good childhood friends dad had a 40 ford so they have some sentimental value.

wormser77

BAMF
Turbo just doesn't do it like a gnarly blower for me. Seeing that big ol belt spin and hearing the wine is what childhood dreams are made of!

Here we can see muscle cars galore, but exotics are rare as can be.

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
And I vote for a Willys with a roots blower. I've always loved them. There's an old movie from the late 70s called Hot Rod, the hero car is a Willys. I remember seeing that movie on tv when I was a kid thinking that was the coolest car ever.

Although I think A23's car might be a 40 ford which is right up at the top of the list for me. A good childhood friends dad had a 40 ford so they have some sentimental value.
I was helping my uncle wrench on his Willys back in the 60's I'll see if I can find a pic...

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
[QUOTE="wormser77, post: 3370918, member:

Here we can see muscle cars galore, but exotics are rare as can be.
[/QUOTE]
My McLaren breaks people's necks around here. They've never seen anything more exotic than a M3.

A23

BAMF+
You get your steering sorted out?
Sort of...there's still a little "hitch" in it when turning the steering wheel...but it's drivable.
I'm thinking of replacing the rack with one that rotates on pillow blocks and replacing the joints and shafts. $$$

I will have to address some rust on the lower trunk that developed after sitting outside for so long...and then get the paint buffed out
as best as possible.

The stereo is working though...:biggar:

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
terrestrial radio?
was funny I was trying to tune the radio in my buddies lexus... what a pain the joystick is.
Something I've always hated about some of the jap cars and some aftermarket radios ....rows of tiny buttons that anyone with normal sized fingers can't operate without pulling over and squinting at it. Fuckin' unsafe....

A23

BAMF+
Love your car A23, truly beautiful! I see you are in Hollywood? Hit me up sometime if you want to do a photo shoot. Would be cool to take some photos of your car in a rural setting, like by an old barn or something.
Once I get some body work done and the paint buffed out...I'll hit you up.

Been driving it a bit...the radio broke.:biggrin1a: Here with my buddy's '55.

Top Bottom