Anyone try Google-FI on their smart phone or iphone

I notice the pricing looks pretty good for cell talk service and text is where they get you.

Stetson

BAMF
I may get up to $400 from the class action lawsuit against the Nexus 6P :up:

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
Yes, I've been using Google Fi for a while now. About 6 months or so. They gave me a big credit when I signed up and I didn't have to pay for like the first three months. Now I pay a little less than what I was on an ATT prepaid plan. I use more data in the winter when I'm out at the track, should pay a little less in the summer. The thing I like is my cell coverage at work was pretty bad, now with Google Fi it will use the wifi for calls so it is not an issue.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Google Fi for ~three years now. Works fine.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...you can get the new i6 at walmart for $99 down...

JC

BAMF
How's the unlimited data?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I don't really use that much data so I can't say. You get free data for anything over 6gb but I don't think I've ever gone over 4gb in a month, even with really heavy use for me. I normally stay under 3gb.

luckystrike

Anhela el dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Peter Thiel & co. are suggesting Google has been infiltrated by the Chinese government

I'll say it again...FUCK GOOGLE

Yeah it's pretty much impossible to function on the web without some kind of google service, but I do avoid them where possible

BigGar

high on placebo
I've had Project Fi / now Google Fi, for a couple of years now. It pretty much sucks. It's not that cheap unless you really don't use much data. The WiFi calling does't work very well or switch from WiFi to cellular and back very well. Lose a lot of calls. It's kind of like having a cell phone in the early 90's. Texts don't come through on occasion, or go through to others on occasion, sometimes for many hours. It's really disappointing as one would think Google would have some kick ass service. They don't. Not in north San Diego County they don't. Cell and text service are extremely cheap, then data is $10 / gig, billed incrementally, and maxes out at 10 gigs. After that, you don't pay any more for data, but you have spent $100... burly and I use an average of 5-6 gigs per month. I'm looking around for something better. Hate to go back to Verizon, but they are the best.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I spend ~$20 per month on my phone- that gives me however many hundred 'free' minutes (600, I think), I make at least two overseas calls per week, and I get ~3GB of data. There are other plans that aren't much more money that increase all the categories, but this does it for me, and it's not much more if I go over my limits. I don't understand why it's so expensive in the US.

Austin_F

BAMF+
I've had Project Fi / now Google Fi, for a couple of years now. It pretty much sucks. It's not that cheap unless you really don't use much data. The WiFi calling does't work very well or switch from WiFi to cellular and back very well. Lose a lot of calls. It's kind of like having a cell phone in the early 90's. Texts don't come through on occasion, or go through to others on occasion, sometimes for many hours. It's really disappointing as one would think Google would have some kick ass service. They don't. Not in north San Diego County they don't. Cell and text service are extremely cheap, then data is $10 / gig, billed incrementally, and maxes out at 10 gigs. After that, you don't pay any more for data, but you have spent $100... burly and I use an average of 5-6 gigs per month. I'm looking around for something better. Hate to go back to Verizon, but they are the best.
Total wireless is a prepaid service that uses verizon towers. No speed limit.

Last I checked the refill cards sold at walmart are $35 for 6gb.

You can also wait for a sale for Redpocket. They sell on ebay. Cheapest is to pay by the year and you can choose your sim card, meaning choose who's towers you want to be on. Look on ebay for redpocket 360 plans. But wait for a 15 or 20% off ebay promotion if you really want a good deal.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
verizon prepaid @ $35/month. 3 gigs data
Cant beat it

rumble phish

BAMF+
T-mobile. Grandfathered in to their truly unlimited plan on three lines, $49 per line (tax included). Unlimited talk, text and data, no throttle. Up to 7 GB of hot spotting per line, per month. Coverage is pretty damn good (and fast) throughout California, except for remote parts of the Sierra Nevada. Using Motorola's G6 64 GB phones (son and I), with my wife using her daughter's hand-me-down LG V20. Wi-Fi calling works great on all three phones as well.

Top Bottom