Anyone know what this thing is? YOU FUCKERS ARE GETTING CLOSE*

OP

FastGixx

My bike is way faster than yours.
Hey Fredd, I was with the guy that has that piece yesterday and I shared with him much of the research you've done on it. He is going to drop it off at my place Sept 1st and ill be able to get much cleaner photos and measurements of it

Engage

BAMF+
Currently in the western spiral arm of an insignif
a late guess from a friend who is a self-taught engineer...

Now, down to gizmos!
I have no clue what this is! i have observed some of the cahracteristics and have a couple of guesses, hope it helps!
The shape does imply "shaping" a flow. The outer rosettes are are symmetrical but NOT axially indexed evenly. This implies either no concern for the indexing, or very careful concern... the degree of effort to build this would suggest that the indexing IS important. I can't imagine a fabricator not noticing the indexing error.
Second, the material is a high temperature material, but has not been exposed to extreme temperatures as indicated by the natural manufacturing colors. Either it has never been run, or the use of high quality stainless is for a different purpose. I suspect the former.
The ratio of surface to surface distances on the portals on the inside of the chambers to the exterior is roughly uniform, but not exact.
Flow characteristics from the main bell chanber and the rosette chambers is not laminar controlled. Just welded tubes at right angles and capped. ease of manufacturing, but again little concern for dynamic flow characteristics.
It is lightweight, and robustr in mechanical characteristics, and heat resistant.
My guess is that is is from a rocket motor. The injection nozzels for the oxidizer are shaped to improve the surface mixing characteristics of the propellenat and oxidizer. Thus, at some poiint the turbo-pump outlet must be flow-shaped prior to injection. Thus the manifold-injector will be very close to the combustion chamber, but not necissairly exposed directly. The flow of oxidizer (or propellenat) would act as a coolant. This might explain the lack of thermal dis-coloration of the stainless. But I do not believe it is actually part of the combustion process! I am guessing that the assembly is for pre-laminarization just prior to injection into the combustion chamber. Becaues of the relativly large flat areas of the inner core starr, the assembly cannot be used for very high pressure applications, implying roughly even pressure gradient between the inside and outside of the assembly. Thus, my guess that it is on the output of the turbo pump for the oxidizer, just prior to the injection portal of the combustion chamber.

That's why I work on computers, and am NOT a rocket scientist! I have little clue on how they really work...

my second guess was a cake decorator tip for a really big cake...

steve
What for an F-1 or J-2?

That would be a big outlet at 10 inches or so.

I'm under the impression you want turbulence for mixing also?

The cake tip idea is good though.

Spearjig

BAMF
Is it for forming the propellant for a rocket motor? I know that the solid propellant burns better and gives more thrust if its in a certain shape.

Engage

BAMF+
Currently in the western spiral arm of an insignif
For a solid motor core think of a star shape.

With different numbers of points in different lengths to optimize burn area to fuel grain.

This would not be for that unless someone made a multi nozzle multi motor with two different sizes, i.e. a big one surrounded by small ones.

Be interesting till one burned through into another then it might get more interesting.

fredd

BAM
Hey Fredd, I was with the guy that has that piece yesterday and I shared with him much of the research you've done on it. He is going to drop it off at my place Sept 1st and ill be able to get much cleaner photos and measurements of it
Thanks! It will be helpful to get more pics and some dimensions. I am especially interested in what the underside looks like.

Does the owner of the piece have any way to contact the person he got it from?

I would have to agree with most of the experts saying it is probably some kind of one-off piece. That would explain how elusive this has been to identify. I even spent a couple of hours looking at patent drawings and trying various image matching programs (with no luck at all).

harryzx-12

Forever BAMF, GodSpeed brother
No , I think you're in it for the cock! :lol: Faggot!:eek: You still have not pmed your new # or call me shit stain!:fu: :roll: :lol:

Top Bottom