Anybody have a sig 320 legion?

I have 3 of them. Gave one to my SIL who is USN active duty a Mark 25. My vehicle guns are Legion 226's. Yes it is a fair statement to say I like them. This is just my .02 on this and there are many other choices. My favorite 9mm hands down is the P88. I have one left of two, one I traded as a dumber younger man in the early 90's. Problem is they are blued and to leave in a vehicle is not good for it. The 2nd choice is the Legion 226 or the Mark 25 which are not as accurate at least mine, aesthetically prefer the P88. The sights on the Legion are a hybrid that works as I do not care for nite sites, my builds have gold beads which work perfect for me.

The other thing that I love about the Legion is the SRT and the grips... I travel a lot to S/E NM to the ranch. If it goes to S$)t the 226 Legion and 2 extra magazines are in the cab and the big tool box has a Colt M4 in it with 5 20 round magazines in a Homeland Security case on top (no optic).

BilletMan

BAMF+
Dave, apparently English is not your primary language...

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
How's it compare to a 226, anyone shot both of them?
Your mileage will vary as so much of this is very subjective..

I sold off my P226's, P228's and P229's after owning them for years and sending thousands of rounds downrange. Did not like how they handled, didn't like any of the trigger configurations and the bore axis is relatively high compared to a lot of other pistols. I much preferred my Glocks (after $45 and 30 minutes of work to get the triggers as they should be) or 1911's.

First P320 X5 came in to the range and after building several custom holsters for it, several of us spent the next week or so putting rounds downrange. Out of the box, it's just amazing.

gsteve

BAMF+
I don’t love the 226, high bore axis. Crap stk trigger. Round feeling grip. I love the x5. The trigger is acceptable, but not great. The feel is second only to a good 1911

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
If you question is for me have no idea what you are asking.
Are you drinking again Dave?

I was asking... If you... Have... A... New... Legion
New as in p320 Legion new
I thought the queation was pretty self explanatory since this WHOLE FUCKING THREAD INCLUDING THE TITLE, is about the p320 Legion.

Or do you only have the older versions...
I agree w all who wrote above about the older Legion versions. Bad ergos, shit guns compared to the new Legion
And here i thought you had 7 new legions

Are you drinking again Dave?

I was asking... If you... Have... A... New... Legion
New as in p320 Legion new
I thought the queation was pretty self explanatory since this WHOLE FUCKING THREAD INCLUDING THE TITLE, is about the p320 Legion.

Or do you only have the older versions...
I agree w all who wrote above about the older Legion versions. Bad ergos, shit guns compared to the new Legion
And here i thought you had 7 new legions

You poor Stoned Idiot (your new Screen Name is Stonedwhite) along with your running buddy The Angry Gay Dwarf (you will need 6 more lol) cannot read or maybe cannot comprehend the Kings English. I have no idea however, this is from page one of this thread and the saddest part is that if you had a rudimentary knowledge of the firearm you are discussing you would not have yanked your pants down and exposed your collective asses to the class.:moon: SMH -- so not to talk down or be condescending God Forbid but DO EITHER OF YOU STONED BOOBS KNOW WHAT A STRIKER FIRED PISTOL IS???????? On second thought never mind the answer will be too painful to read LOL!!

Biggest issue I have being 1911 guy is the SF pistols triggers are by nature, crude, yes they do work but the feel is not for me. The SRT on the Legions I own make them acceptable for a DA/SA (means double action first shot then single action as the trigger is cocked back into firing position by the slide during recoil of the first shot IF the hammer was not pulled back or cocked manually) hi cap weapon as discussed in the post above in this thread. :):):):)

bowtie said:
^ who the fuck cares? thread is about guns, fuck off or get back on topic.
You could not run fast enough to give me a striker fired (owned one in the past a Glick 357sig for a month) pistol they suck big donkey dicks and are for fags.... There ya go:) !!

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

Last edited:
Dave, apparently English is not your primary language...
I fully understand you are not knowledgeable about firearms or the terminology that is used to discuss them but Jeeezzz. Look up on Google what a striker fired pistol is. :) I will be available to answer any of your firearms questions later today. :)

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Ahhh... Striker fired. Had to google that. Just noticed my guns are missing a hammer.

So basically you like the Legions with inferior ergonomics simply because they have hammers. Except for the 1911...
See i'm starting to understand you, finally.
Gold front bead sights are also interesting, like on a shotgun right? Im not even gonna ask if it's 14 kt or 24 kt gold cause i already know the answer.

Hang on, gotta pack my bowl

Ok so... What were we talking about?

Ahhh... Striker fired. Had to google that. Just noticed my guns are missing a hammer.

So basically you like the Legions with inferior ergonomics simply because they have hammers. Except for the 1911...
See i'm starting to understand you, finally.
Gold front bead sights are also interesting, like on a shotgun right? Im not even gonna ask if it's 14 kt or 24 kt gold cause i already know the answer.
?
Well Stonedwhite you are once again making assumptions and with firearms you have demonstrated on numerous occasions that you know just enough to be dangerous.:):) LMFAO. Now first we will address the inferior ergonomics statement. How many rounds have you personally fired through a P226, 220, 228 or 229? I think it is safe to say that you have not fired nearly as many if any as I have (estimate of 20k to 30k over 30 years starting with a 220 in 45). The point I am making is I have a lot of actual trigger time firing these weapons and for what I do with them and your opinion or others about ergonomics is purely subjective as is my opinion on SF pistols (good boy for looking that up you win a cookie!). The SRT on the aforementioned Legion models improve the ergonomics considerably at least for me. So I disagree with your statement. Truth of the matter is I will never own nor most likely fire the subject pistol in this thread.

The Gold Bead statement----well there is no way you would ever use 24k because it is too soft but they may make them I really have no idea and prefer the 10k or 14k. Now on the build I am doing right now on my newest CC build may just may use a platinum for the front sight bead! It is tough and very visible. Still on the fence about that one because they are expensive just because they have to be made one off unfortunately.

Will check back later for any more of your questions or pontifications my young Grasshopper Stonedwhite! :):):) Make sure to get the bowl packed tight! Is that the right way to say it? :)

Last edited:
Damn, shut the fuck up already.....
Well you are the one who stuck the butt plug up his ass:yahoo: and then pulled his pants down in front of everyone so they could see! Think you need to look in the mirror. :hissyfit:

All in good fun.… Glad you are one of Stonedwhites Dwarf's even if you are the angry gay one! Nothing wrong with that! He needs 6 more.

bowtie, Got a long history with 226's, its a story unto itself going back to 1986, in fact the number haunts me to this day, nearly every day, but thats another story still. They were the greatest pistol on earth for a long time, now they feel huge to me and when I pick one up I wonder why I loved them so much back then, but if I was wanting a hammer fired DA-SA it would be something else, probably beretta or CZ.

Never heard of the X5 porting fouling optics before so nothing to offer there, I havent gotten an X5 legion yet because the main distributor I deal with hasnt had any yet, I'm going to try another distro this week and see if I can get it done.

bowtie, Got a long history with 226's, its a story unto itself going back to 1986, in fact the number haunts me to this day, nearly every day, but thats another story still. They were the greatest pistol on earth for a long time, now they feel huge to me and when I pick one up I wonder why I loved them so much back then, but if I was wanting a hammer fired DA-SA it would be something else, probably beretta or CZ.

Never heard of the X5 porting fouling optics before so nothing to offer there, I havent gotten an X5 legion yet because the main distributor I deal with hasnt had any yet, I'm going to try another distro this week and see if I can get it done.
That is because the pistol contains no porting----those cuts in the top of the slide are lightening cuts. If this pistol was in fact ported I MIGHT just have to try it out but would convert it to a 9x23 :)

This is why I like shooting ported pistols especially in the big ones like the 454 where it helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
"Waaaa... I don't shoot unported pistols... Waaaa... I don't shoot striker fired pistols..."

Kidding Dave

Dave, if you need someone who can port that barrel to match the cuts in the slide, let me know, ok buddy?

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy

I never liked the 226 or any previous sig due to the ergos
There were guns with much better ergos and grip holds much higher/closer to the bore than any sig offered back then.
Glock, hs2000...
To me, i don t see the big deal about a hammer, in fact i prefer them without one.

I have the Sig 250 and love it. Just picked up a little Ruger too
I've had a P250 for years now and interchange the barrels between .40 & 357sig. Fun gun. 357sig is one of my favorite rounds, you're essentially shooting a 9mm at ~1500 fps with the right ammo.

"Waaaa... I don't shoot unported pistols... Waaaa... I don't shoot striker fired pistols..."

Kidding Dave

Dave, if you need someone who can port that barrel to match the cuts in the slide, let me know, ok buddy?
I know who could do it but with where the cuts in the top of slide are now it would be somewhat complicated to do it correctly where it would be of a benefit. Would suggest you troll the forums the competitors who shoot these types of weapons are. I shoot quite a few ported revolvers just no semi automatic handguns that are ported.

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Ill let you know how my striker fired ported m&p's work out, if theres any difference when i get em

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
Guy I deal with down here has 2@845.

Ed

Damn... I've been thinking about picking up one of the sub-sized single-stack nines for fun and carry, but if these shoot this well out of the box it's got my antennae up.

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Striker fired, electronic sight... Just how i like em

My ghetto low budget m&p 2.0 Legion is (are) coming along...

FDE 3.6 inch compact is ready, the long slide 5 inch has a little more to go.

IMG_20191002_215543.jpg

IMG_20191002_215954.jpg

IMG_20191002_220055.jpg

IMG_20191002_220436.jpg

IMG_20191002_220241.jpg

IMG_20191002_215735.jpg

IMG_20191002_220305.jpg

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Had the Smith n Wesson and the Warning can fire with fhe magazine out... Milled out for a smoother viewing experience.

I went with the 3/4 high sights so as not to co-witness with the electronic dot. The fiber front is green and the dot is red and much brighter.
Ideally one should go w black front blade so that you have an uncluttered view of the red dot. I however don t plan on keeping the rmr on all the time, so i wanted a bright fiberoptic for when the dot is off the gun.

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Only makes sense, since it's already cut for it.
Not sure if it's as durable as the trijicon, but it sure is bigger

Ed

The shekels for the P320 went into the B-17 ride this month, but will look to see who has one locally in the case.

gsteve

BAMF+
The legion only fits the new romeo1pro and the deltapoint pro. Anything else requires a plate but as mentioned Max said something is coming. I suppose a good smith could mount it with cutting and tapping depending on set up

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
There are numerous smiths cutting for rmr for most popular guns. Glock mp legion etc.
The guy that did my slides cuts them all, it s all he does, rmr cuts, slide serrations, lightening, porting barrel crown etc

Buy there s literally 10s smiths that do this, of course if you could get in on one of Dave s smiths you'd be wayyy better off

There are numerous smiths cutting for rmr for most popular guns. Glock mp legion etc.
The guy that did my slides cuts them all, it s all he does, rmr cuts, slide serrations, lightening, porting barrel crown etc

Buy there s literally 10s smiths that do this, of course if you could get in on one of Dave s smiths you'd be wayyy better off
LOL for most, not all of the nutty things you do to guns need to stick to who you are using :) the ones I use would not be interested. Also, with some of the things Stonedwhite does do not want to put any of them in harms way.:biggar:

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
What nutty things am i doing bro? Ports? Frickin 9mm $5000 sti s come ported identically to how i had mine done. This guy has done this porting to 50 other m&p s and has had good results.

Most plate guns i ve seen are ported, in a similar fashion. Seems to work, keeps the muzzle down fairly well which is basically my whole objective. Until i'm jerry miculeck and can drop 5 plates in 2 seconds with an unported 454 casull, ill continue to find ways that allow me to shoot faater.

Why'd you port your ruger alaskan? Too much recoil for you? If there ever was a butcher porting job, it's that Gemini three holes with a drillpress that you got taken for. You should ve Mag-na-port' ed it if you wanted it done right.

gsteve Maybe your up on this, I havent been able to talk to my guy at sig about this and he's not always up to speed cause he's their international mil sales guy, but anyway we have the romeo 3 max which I assume is the top of the food chain for carry optics due to max just winning nationals again with that exact setup, then we have the romeo 3 XL which is priced the same as the max, then we have the romeo 1 pro which is quite a bit cheaper but I dont know why.

Can you, Steve, tell me the intended purpose of each of these, the technical differences and reason for the price differences?

Last edited:
What nutty things am i doing bro? Ports? Frickin 9mm $5000 sti s come ported identically to how i had mine done. This guy has done this porting to 50 other m&p s and has had good results.

Most plate guns i ve seen are ported, in a similar fashion. Seems to work, keeps the muzzle down fairly well which is basically my whole objective. Until i'm jerry miculeck and can drop 5 plates in 2 seconds with an unported 454 casull, ill continue to find ways that allow me to shoot faater.

Why'd you port your ruger alaskan? Too much recoil for you? If there ever was a butcher porting job, it's that Gemini three holes with a drillpress that you got taken for. You should ve Mag-na-port' ed it if you wanted it done right.
My God you really are an idiot. You are so clueless you really have no idea that you are. Sad but true. The drugs have really taken their toll. Sad actually. SMH and laughing at the same time. Now back to dinner.

Here is how one of my pistols start. Would try and explain the finer points to you but it would go over you head like a SR71 as you have no idea what any of the terms would even mean not to mention the significance of each and how it makes the firearm more accurate. :) For Gods Sake in your impaired condition please leave the form 4473 alone! So in short, go back to your "basement" and sit in your underwear and eat chili with you fingers and watch more episodes of Forged In Fire if that is the name of that show you like and abuse yourself furiously. :)
Example For Stonedwhite.jpg
Cylinder Machining.jpg

Last edited:

gsteve

BAMF+
I know a bit about them. The r1pro is the only sig dot that currently bolts on. It’s smaller and looks like it belongs on the legion. It’s a great site but it’s a bit on the small size for competition, you lose the dot easy. The other two are almost identical other than the glass size. I’d suggest the xl is better suited on a carbine. If you see a r1 on a carbine they look ridiculously small. On all I’d go the 6 min dot. I still don’t know what ill go to. The legion looks
Perfect with the r1pro. I guess it depends how much I care about competition..... lately it’s not a bunch. And so far you need a plate on anything else.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
The Gold Bead statement----well there is no way you would ever use 24k because it is too soft but they may make them I really have no idea and prefer the 10k or 14k.

sure it's too soft... :dash2:

but is it softer than a finger... no, then it won't wear out...

perhaps they are just too expensive for the custom gun peeps You roll with... lol

Top Bottom