Any Vintage Go-Kart Gurus Here?

Stetson

BAMF+
I'm pretty sure that gmc wheels made after the switch to IFS won't fit, if your trailer uses the old K5 blazer wheels.

Somewhere, on a different message board, some guy is telling a story about how he's about to trade 4 walmart tiger paw tires and some old rims for an unobtanium '60s go cart from some rube who don't know what he's got.....:lol:

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
I'm pretty sure that gmc wheels made after the switch to IFS won't fit, if your trailer uses the old K5 blazer wheels.

Somewhere, on a different message board, some guy is telling a story about how he's about to trade 4 walmart tiger paw tires and some old rims for an unobtanium '60s go cart from some rube who don't know what he's got.....:lol:
my vote for POTD...!!!:lol:

OP
Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
I don't think they're going to fit, either.
Wouldn't be the first time. I've traded with this guy my whole life, and I haven't come out ahead yet. 🤷‍♂️

One time I took an old GM aluminum intake off my Chevy II and replaced it with an Edelbrock Torker I had laying around. Sold the GM intake to my buddy for $50, I think. This is pre-internet days, so I had no good way of looking up the numbers on it. He took it to a friend who had all the old Chevy info... turns out it was an original Z/28 Camaro DZ 302 intake. Easy come, easy go!

But that's why I have so much stuff; I don't know what any of it's worth, so I'm afraid to sell it and get burned! :razz:

Team222

BAMF
I don't think they're going to fit, either.

Wouldn't be the first time. I've traded with this guy my whole life, and I haven't come out ahead yet. 🤷‍♂️

One time I took an old GM aluminum intake off my Chevy II and replaced it with an Edelbrock Torker I had laying around. Sold the GM intake to my buddy for $50, I think. This is pre-internet days, so I had no good way of looking up the numbers on it. He took it to a friend who had all the old Chevy info... turns out it was an original Z/28 Camaro DZ 302 intake. Easy come, easy go!

But that's why I have so much stuff; I don't know what any of it's worth, so I'm afraid to sell it and get burned! :razz:
Pre-internet you could call Summit Racing’s 1 800 tech line and get all that information, just provide them with the manufacturer’s numbers and stampings.

OP
Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

Yeah, we had Midwest not far from home, and for a while there was Speed City in Eastlake. Long before that, there was a place called Lake Speed Equipment in Mentor. The small speed shops were always cool.

OP
Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

I went over to pick up the rims this morning to see if they'd fit. The fronts looked okay, but the backsides looked like 25 year-old Ohio rims. My buddy wasn't there, but I told his son, "No deal". :thumbdown:

In other news, I've been thinking about which color I'd like to paint it... :dash2:

OP
Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

Take bets instead, on how many times my buddy is going to call me since I nixed the trade! :ireful:
Only once, if he has any sense.
Four times, if he does not.
So close! Three times yesterday.
But today is another day. He's gonna wear me down. Everything's for sale, if the price is right.

Terry_Schiavo

Scrap Bracket magazine cover model
wonder if you can make a primitive traction control setup by killing the spark depending on which wheel is on the inside of the turn...lol
Maybe add a boost bottle...

chuck356

BAMF

View attachment 67447
I had a Dart Kart almost identical to this one, mine had different pedals and slicks. First powered by a 3hp Briggs, then a 5hp. And mind had a hydraulic disc rear brake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom