Any of you turds in/near Harrison, OH?

I may have found the subject for my 4x4 beast wagon, a 1964 Mercury Colony Park, but I need to get some local eyeballs on it as it's 1677 miles away. From the pics, the body looks pretty straight.

• WTF
Reactions: Red
OP
Egh... a little bit'o cancer ain't going to hurt anything. It's got great patina. The owner says its fairly complete. My primary concern is the frame/interior metal. With that rear window gone, the whole ass end could be shot. Will need to look and see if anyone makes that rear, side glass.

OP
It's probably a rusted shit-box good only for parts, but it's worth a look. I've got the owner's son going to take a closer look and get some better pics. Evidently, it's back in the woods a bit and may be inaccessible at the moment- overgrowth/snow?

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
that right rear window is gonna be a bitch to find

that thing is pretty far along in the recycling dept

OP
Lube! WTF is up man?!?!
I am only looking for a 4 door, 58 to mid-60's full-sized wagon. Like these, but not nearly as nice. Aaaaaand... I really don't want to take a nice one just to bastardize it, but if that's what I end up with- so be it. Worst case, I find some old rust-bucket for a few $$, slap it onto a newer, well-built 4x4 frame, rail the shit out of it for a while until I find something better, yank that body off, slap the new one on, and rail the shit out of that one.

• WTF
Reactions: Red
OP
I think it can be done for ~$10k, but could go up to $15k if needed. I was thinking $1-2k for a body, older 4x4 regular cab 4x4's are $2-5k all day long, rest for fabbing/updating/etc...

I do want to stay on the lower side of things as I mostly envision a junk-yard type of build. I am just going to use it to fuck around on the farm- mud/snow, maybe go into town & scare the mormons at BYU-I in their Priuses- just old-man, redneck hooliganism. If I do end up with something nicer, I may be less inclined to jump it and/or see how far I can go without flipping it- too many times... :D

Bandit Man

BAMF
And yes, it's a complete fucking waste of money.
You dont have to tell me about projects like this being a waste of money! I just lost my ass on a Toyota pickup I was building. But you cant put a price on the mwntal time and the enjoyment we get from these activities.

There are a couple old wagons on the Los Angeles craigslist.

Top Bottom