Another school shooting....

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
i'm done watching this shit... that's one of the main reasons these medicated video game addicts do this shit is for the fame...

their names should barely be mentioned and fuck this 24 hour news cycle bullshit...

i watch C-span... listen to local radio public (and non Communist radio) and just the local news WMTW in the evening... think they are local owned and not a Huge radio conglomerate like clear channel and few other biggies.

sad that kids were hurt and killed ... i can't imagine how painful being anywhere near that type of situation must be... Kudo's to All the first responders that roll into the gunfire zone.

but deep down inside i feel it's all part of a slippery slope to eventually disarm the USA.

Rocco

BAM
i'm done watching this shit... that's one of the main reasons these medicated video game addicts do this shit is for the fame...

their names should barely be mentioned and fuck this 24 hour news cycle bullshit...

School shooter names, should only be mentioned when framed by cowardice and disgust. The news is a diseased carrier of sensationalism and everything negative. The news has become a circus of liars and gossips, the same type of people you can't stand in your everyday life . At one time, I was a news hawk that grabbed every news spot I had time for. Today I can't stand any of them - fucking vultures

Wretch

amazingly graceful
School shooter names, should only be mentioned when framed by cowardice and disgust. The news is a diseased carrier of sensationalism and everything negative. The news has become a circus of liars and gossips, the same type of people you can't stand in your everyday life . At one time, I was a news hawk that grabbed every news spot I had time for. Today I can't stand any of them - fucking vultures
Here, Here!

:up:

rumble phish

BAMF+
Thoughts and prayers!
As we're all aware that you are being facetious with your remark, I'd like to ask what "common sense" gun control measure you think would have been effective in stopping this lunatic from hurting people?

JC

BAMF
Fake news. They post signs that prevent this from happening.

Sent from my REVVL 2 using Tapatalk

As we're all aware that you are being facetious with your remark, I'd like to ask what "common sense" gun control measure you think would have been effective in stopping this lunatic from hurting people?
"Facetious" doesn't come close to the level of contempt for the automatic Republican response.

How does a 16 year old get a handgun anyway? Probably start there.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
If a kid get a hold of a gun here, they can charge the parent. And they did a couple years ago when some dipshit gave his teenager a gun and the teenager killed someone with it.
Both kid and daddy got jail time.

gsteve

BAMF+
Totally off topic. My favourite father son story is the one about the father who comes home and catches his son fingering and diddling his 2 yo sister. Father walks the son out into a field and blows his brains out .....

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Totally off topic. My favourite father son story is the one about the father who comes home and catches his son fingering and diddling his 2 yo sister. Father walks the son out into a field and blows his brains out .....
Jesus Steve, maybe you should see a therapist :)

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
Since California has strict laws regarding guns being secured from minors. (but I'm sure more laws preventing access are needed)

Gun Storage Laws in California

And AFAIK, it's illegal federally for a minor to have a handgun; I cannot wait to read on how this one could have been prevented.(but I'm sure more laws will prevent another shooting)

My mom sent me these:

Screenshot_20191114-205756_Messages.jpg Screenshot_20191114-205936_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20191114-210249_Messages.jpg

Last edited:
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
Says he's in custody now

I guess the evil little fuck shot himself in the head from the get go....but somehow didn't die.

The news initially had the calvary surrounding what was the shooters house...and saying he was still at large.

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
Mom says local news has obviously been nonstop.

Kid was supposed to be gregarious, well liked, played chess with the neighbor....

Dad was a gun owner who reloaded....kid allegedly knew his way around firearms.

Kid is the one who found his dad dead after the heart attack 2 years ago.....Today was the shooter's 16th b-day.....my WAG is he finally snapped over the death of his dad.

A23

BAMF
Harvest his organs?

I wouldn't want that heart put in me...

rumble phish

BAMF+
Specifically, access to the gun.

I don't understand why this is so hard for you.
There are plenty of laws here in California regarding the storage of firearms, and the use/access of firearms by minors (see Vegas' quote below).

Please, do tell us what other laws would've helped prevent this?

Since California has strict laws regarding guns being secured from minors. (but I'm sure more laws preventing access are needed)

Gun Storage Laws in California

And AFAIK, it's illegal federally for a minor to have a handgun; I cannot wait to read on how this one could have been prevented.(but I'm sure more laws will prevent another shooting)

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Sounds like the kid knew guns- the sheriff reported that he fired the first round, cleared a jam, then fired four more times before shooting himself- he said it was a .45- surprised the kid is still breathing. 16 seconds total time, and hit a kid with every shot.

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
People saying "how can we stop this"? You can't. Even with massive and unwanted gun legislation you can't. It's just something you are going to have to suffer. It's as much apart of your culture as V8s, apple pie and church on Sunday...

People saying "how can we stop this"? You can't. Even with massive and unwanted gun legislation you can't. It's just something you are going to have to suffer. It's as much apart of your culture as V8s, apple pie and church on Sunday...
Obviously, no church on Sunday...

BigGar

high on placebo
I've got no problem with it, other than the poor dad having to go to prison for the rest of his life. Kid's broken. Can't fix that. Not ever. Allowed to live he would only leave a trail of anguish and violent encounters for the rest of his days. Society has to get comfortable eliminating people capable of these types of behaviors. No fucking around with counseling or rehabilitating. A painless needle and a quick cremation. Dust in the fucking wind.

There are plenty of laws here in California regarding the storage of firearms, and the use/access of firearms by minors (see Vegas' quote below).

Please, do tell us what other laws would've helped prevent this?
You and I both know there's no gun "common sense" legislation that would have prevented this, which is exactly why you brought it up, not me....and which is exactly why most Dems would love to pass a complete ban (I don't agree with a ban).

Still, we'd be remiss to not acknowledge the blood sacrifice these kids made to water the Tree of Liberty.

Maybe a literal tree can be planted in their honor.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
You and I both know there's no gun "common sense" legislation that would have prevented this, which is exactly why you brought it up, not me....and which is exactly why most Dems would love to pass a complete ban (I don't agree with a ban).

Still, we'd be remiss to not acknowledge the blood sacrifice these kids made to water the Tree of Liberty.

A literal tree would be a nice gesture.
If anything good is to be taken from this latest tragedy it would be the lesson that living life is dangerous and attention to mental health needs to be a good bit more focused.

The thing is, there is no complete or total safety or prevention of such acts.
If someone decides they want to kill you and they are clever/skilled enough, there is a high likelihood you'll be killed.

Just have to be prepared and pay attention to your surroundings, always, to have a better chance of surviving.
Pretty sure that's been the method used since mankind first showed up here.

CID

BAMF+
Easy fix to school shootings., but nobody wants to pay for their own shit anymore.

Build schools like prisons (walls/fences/etc) add guards and assess the parents for added security just like a condo association would.

Instead make it illegal for ME to own a gun.... yeah that should do it. :roll::fu:

rumble phish

BAMF+
"Facetious" doesn't come close to the level of contempt for the automatic Republican response.

How does a 16 year old get a handgun anyway? Probably start there.
......What??

I just told you.

Not necessarily a "legislation" thing, but quite literally a "gun control" thing.
Specifically, access to the gun.

I don't understand why this is so hard for you.

Hmmm, it seems to me that you did bring it up. Yes, I specifically mentioned the term "common sense", but your replies clearly show that you were suggesting that perhaps yet another law is needed. Please, anyone OTHER THAN AD, if I misinterpreted his statements point out where and how.

You say you don't favor a "ban", yet you clearly lean towards the idea that complete control of firearms is what is needed (see your second and third quotes above, the parts in bold text). What I was asking is what YOU propose be done that would have prevented this? I am glad, however, to see that you agree that there are no "common sense" measures that would have prevented this. As far as a"blood sacrifice", this is just another one of your passive aggressive comments which makes most on the board here dislike you. I, personally, do not dislike you (I don't even really know you aside from this forum) but you do have a way of rubbing folks the wrong way.

Statistically speaking, kids are safer in schools than they are practically anywhere else. The argument for gun control because of school shootings is likened to the argument for killing all sharks because of shark attacks (due to the infrequency, not because sharks are murderous).

Last edited:
Im on mobile, so formatting sucks but here a few thoughts:

"How does a 16 year old get a handgun" was a question about access within the home, not a new law. I literally said "NOT a legislation thing" which you interpreted to mean the opposite of what I said. Again, not sure where the confusion is. 2nd, this shooting was over within 16 seconds. Even my stand by of armed guards within the school would have been useless. Maybe metal detectors at entrances? That'd be my suggestion. Hardly foolproof, but maybe it's just enough of a deterrant to give a kid second thoughts.

3rd - my "watering the tree of liberty" comment was taken from another member here. I didn't make that up. Paraphrasing many other members here, Wretch alluded to this in his post - is the idea that "life is dangerous, shootings are a fact of life, deal with it". People here are essentially saying that school shootings is the acceptable price to pay for freedom - so don't get testy with me because I'M pointing out that cost. And I haven't said anything that hasn't already been said here unironically - I'm parroting the Republican responses I see here every time these threads pop up. And the thoughts and prayers, well we all know where that comes from. And lastly, I don't base my viewpoint on whether or not the collective will grant me brownie points and ~~like~~ me. What other people think of me is none of my business.

I disagree with a gun ban (I have guns too), but then again, I'm not the one that needs convincing.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
If you and your children don't believe and understand the world will eat you alive at any opportunity you give it, then you are living in a dream like state.
I don't walk around fearing though but, I am paying attention, all the fucking time.

Lost too many people around me not to acknowledge it as fact.

Putting out positive waves does make a difference, on a personal spiritual level and in reality as well, from my experiences.
Thoughts and prayers is much nicer energy than: "better them than me or mine" or "fuck em', they had it coming" or "Other People's kids..."
I get much better results in life putting out positive waves than I ever did negative ones.
YMMV

My youngest understand the dangers of firearms and how to handle them.
We'll be going out to the range again over Thanksgiving holiday week.

We also talk a great deal about dealing with problems and appropriate actions.

I can't teach everyone else or their children.

Sometimes crazy takes a few, I don't like or want it but, it's a given.

Top Bottom