Another lumber thread

Team222

BAMF
I just did the roof on my shop, I needed to replace some plywood along the back edge of the roof. I figured for a couple sheets but needed six and it caught me off guard, not wanting it to hold me up I ran up to Home Depot and bought ten sheets of 5/8‘s some hurricane clips, gutter spikes and other odds and ends.

Got home and eventually looked at the receipt, the clerk rang up the wrong price and only charged me $11.00 a sheet, oh well.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Paul, one of my boys is getting ready to build his house here in our little town. Wish there was a (cost effective) way to get a load of your lumber out here 🛠

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
if you can make that bundle of kindling last two weeks you should start a school! :lol:
I could make it last two months.

You only need it for starting fires...

...after that you have hot coals to get it going again.

Reactions: CID

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I havevto fence in 1.8 acres for dog training .. I'm trying to hold out ... or go iron .. I rather do wood as to keep the place natural looking

braindead_organdonor

unpopular opinions
I did 85 feet of that last year.. not panels though. Stick built works better to match the highs and lows of the land.
I shopped for sales and deals and still cost me $12 a foot averaged out. Installed you are probably looking at 25-30 per foot.

braindead_organdonor

unpopular opinions
The US Commerce department imposed a 20% tariff in 2018, dropped it to 9% in December 2020, then a year later adjusting it to 17.9%.

OP
Snail

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
My prediction is Canada will shift exports, to the China market. Maybe. Pure speculation on that.

OP
Snail

Snail

Paging Brokenfly and or others, whats the cost/mile for rail freight from Oregon to Texas?

OP
Snail

Snail

Lumber contract price dropping, from 1300 to 1100. The Nasdaq symbol is LBS, not LBR like I previously posted.

Log buyer said he expects log price to drop for Feb p.o.

Watch for a dip in retail price.

Top Bottom