Annual Black Friday Tools Deals Thread

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
It's not marked as on-sale but it seems to be $30-$60 less than anyone else on the Internet.
Amazon product
View attachment 45710

It's a re-branded Jawco which is probably a rebranded X brand.
View attachment 45711
Almost identical the Craftsman thread repair set I bought 10 years ago, down to the same pieces and packaging.

OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You haven't fukked much with that corner of the garage. ⚒
Hah, I haven't touched that corner since the last time you were here.
The TV might be bigger now :lol: but that's it.

Last edited:

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
It's not tools but you truck guys might be interested.
Lift kits 20% off and you also get $200 rebate for purchases over $1250.

I wish I could take advantage!
The "Bronco Overboard" project is definitely ready for a lift kit but I already spent my taco money on a couple tools, a bunch of paint, tie rods/ball joints, etc. etc. etc.

I should have saved a few $ for cheap cardboard to put under the bronco. :roll:

Sneak peak progress pix (as of today) for the faithful.
I may never recover from this. :fu:

This reseller had some nice deals on other kits also.
why is it dead center of your driveway? As it sits now you could have just bought some wheel dollys and pushed it into the garage or even winched it in.

OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

why is it dead center of your driveway? As it sits now you could have just bought some wheel dollys and pushed it into the garage or even winched it in.
It's dead center because that's where it was parked when it died!
No room in the garage to work on it.

I'm bummed out. I was hoping to paint the front chassis & engine bay today but ran out of daylight.
And I have no idea when we'll see another 24 hour period of 65F or higher weather, which is what my epoxy requires.
Status as of this afternoon:

OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

That reminds me. Why are Nitrile gloves so expensive at Amazon!?!
I just want a 40 pack of decent size large and not have to pay $30.
Home Depot has great prices on gloves but wants you to pick them up in-store. :fu:

That reminds me. Why are Nitrile gloves so expensive at Amazon!?!
I just want a 40 pack of decent size large and not have to pay $30.
Home Depot has great prices on gloves but wants you to pick them up in-store. :fu:
I used to order Microflex latex gloves from amazon, for working in the garage and what not. I'd buy it in a box of 100 for $12 or so. When the covid shit started, I ordered a case of 1000 of the same thing. I did the buy-it-again option, but selected the 1000 quantity. Figured it would take a while, but I'd put the order in. About a month later, a box shows up... a single box of 100, not 1000, and it wasn't the Microflex brand, but some super cheap bullshit gloves that are barely usable. They refunded part of my money, but now I'm leery of anything on there. Granted, you take that risk with Amazon, but I'd had good experiences up to that point.

OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

I used to order Microflex latex gloves from amazon, for working in the garage and what not. I'd buy it in a box of 100 for $12 or so. When the covid shit started, I ordered a case of 1000 of the same thing. I did the buy-it-again option, but selected the 1000 quantity. Figured it would take a while, but I'd put the order in. About a month later, a box shows up... a single box of 100, not 1000, and it wasn't the Microflex brand, but some super cheap bullshit gloves that are barely usable. They refunded part of my money, but now I'm leery of anything on there. Granted, you take that risk with Amazon, but I'd had good experiences up to that point.
Are you not a Prime member?
Prime members get full refunds all the time.

I ordered a box of latex gloves at the start of Covid when everything was going out of stock.
It was only available from a new Chinese seller on Amazon. I got a Chinese tracking # two weeks later and after three weeks I requested a refund and got it.
That box of gloves never did show up.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

• Red
Reactions: Red

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Eddie as I get more and more into detailing I learned there is a huge difference in Microfiber towels. From the crap ones that are pure useless at honeypot to the better bjs one to the much better groit's garage stuff..

Never tried the Amazon ones how do they compare to the good stuff

This is what I am to achieve on every detail

IMG_20201127_175738_171.jpg

OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

I just got those microfiber because they were cheap AF and I was almost out of shop towels.
Won't be doing much detail work with them.
They may get used to clean up spills and wipe my hands more than anything else!

Forgot to buy a roll of shop paper towels... those might have been better? I've never tried them before because they are $.

I've ordered these a couple times ..

microfiber
I've bought those a couple times over the last few years but decided I don't like them.
For one, they are too large and heavy for constant delicate work. Your hand will get tired after an hour of constant use.

And you have to be incredibly careful with them because once they get crap in them, they are toast... you cannot shake the crap free.
I accidentally left a few on a table six feet away while I cut some wood and I was not able to get all the tiny wood particles out of the loose fiber side of those towels.
Had to toss them.
The shorter pile stuff is much easier to work with and easier to keep clean.

There isn't much better than them for removing fresh wax from a large flat surface though.
They accel excel at that :up:

Last edited:
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

yeah, crap in them is a pita to get out, I've only used them for drying so far, they excel at that.
Never thought to try them for drying but I bet you're right!
I bought a synthetic shammy maybe 20 years ago and it's been amazing for drying.
It took a LOT of car washes before it broke in enough that I started to like it.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Never thought to try them for drying but I bet you're right!
I bought a synthetic shammy maybe 20 years ago and it's been amazing for drying.
It took a LOT of car washes before it broke in enough that I started to like it.
jelly blade and a leaf blower

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Didn't do any black Friday buying..

But cashed in an Amex point and hit up 1k worth of battery tools from Home depot.

Got some deals to add some more HP to the car from three different shops spread out across America.

Chemical guys and Griot's Garage each got a few hundred on their sales as well.

Oh and dog training supplies where also scored well today.

Austin_F

BAMF+
I'm joking of course. But back in the day, before you could get 1200hp out of a car that idled like an electric motor and had full vacuum for the brakes, I would see guys buy a Nova and start building it up while daily driving it.

After a couple of years it was tubbed, huge Mickeys on the back, wheelie bars, parachute, obnoxious intake sticking out of the hood, cam so aggressive there was no vacuum to stop the car with anymore, and they would end up buying some other car to daily drive because their original daily was just too much to daily anymore.

Things have sure changed.

BigGar

high on placebo
Eddie as I get more and more into detailing I learned there is a huge difference in Microfiber towels. From the crap ones that are pure useless at honeypot to the better bjs one to the much better groit's garage stuff..

Never tried the Amazon ones how do they compare to the good stuff

This is what I am to achieve on every detail

View attachment 47225
I'm perfectly happy with the yellow ones from Costco. I like the fact that I can pull a brand fucking new one out whenever I want when I'm doing critical paint correction. Some of the "good" ones are nice, but to me not enough of a difference from a brand new one out of the Costco bag. I go through a bag or so of the Costco ones every month. They have a usage cycle with me that ends with them wiping up oil drips from the warehouse floor and going into the trash :)

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
ive no idea if this counts...but i saw the headline in my gmail promotions folder and it for damn sure got me to click on the link!

can I legit order this in the mail? :lol:

im as pro gun as anyone...but this seems like a terrible(awesome) option to purchase over the internet!

Top Bottom