An alternative to the State of Jefferson...

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF

"A deep political divide between urban and rural areas has conservative residents feeling ignored by the state government"

Well, no shit. Join several million citizens of a dozen other States in feeling that way. Illinois is the first one that comes to mind....

Drakhen

BAMF
"Feeling ignored."

Because they ARE ignored. Politicians in Oregon have literally no reason to pay any attention to the more conservative or rural voters, so long as the liberals in Portland, Salem and Eugene outnumber them.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
more people live in Cities, there is more money, power, votes.

also more entitlement.

I forgot where I saw it but an urban city dweller said when asked about shortages of food, that they would simply go out to the country side and take it. Now we can all laugh at that statement because it is really funny, but what you cant laugh at is the fact that people think thats a good plan...and that lots of people think thats a good plan.

Likewise the people in urban areas have dependancies on the cities. First and foremost it keeps all the people there. But it's also where a lot of goods and services come and go from.

Both need each other, to stay where they are. The difference is that I think the farmers know enough not to go into the City to try and take shit...

as far as States breaking up, you would need 2/3's of the rest of the states to ratify this in a constitutional convention or some damn thing....so that's not gonna happen, ever.

Top Bottom