Ammo prices are crazy!

gsxrian

BAMF
22LR Mini Mag - 40c a round .... I paid 8c a round 6 months ago!

Larger calibers have increased by 200%+

I know its a supply / demand situation at the moment, but when do you think the prices will return to normal?

OP

gsxrian

BAMF
I had the chance to buy 500 000 rounds of 22LR Mini Mag for 12c a round a few weeks ago but did not have the storage for it ... could have made a nice profit, bummer.

Fever500

BAMF

But you have to be quick on the ammo deals .. been 2 Sig 556 deals at around .45 cpr that I just missed out on ...

That is not too bad. I sold two boxes of FGM SR 5k ea for 800.00 and a 5k box of CCI Small pistol primers that I had extra for 500.00 3 weeks ago at a gun show here. Ammo is starting to show up again online just have to be quick about getting it. Primers forget about it. Going to be a while on those.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
If you didn't learn from the Great Drought after the Sandy Hook shootings, maybe the whole gun thing ain't your game. Gotta gather while you can.
With me, it was just a matter of course. I got back into guns a couple years ago, and have been building my collection and ammo supply since. When shit got scarce, I already had a safe full of guns and ammo. Technically, I'm fine, but I'm always looking for that next gun, or more ammo. The guns aren't a problem. Soon enough, ammo will be available and back to somewhat normal pricing.

How long did the Sandy Hook drought last?

S.C.

RobBase

BAMF
Soon enough, ammo will be available and back to somewhat normal pricing.

S.C.
Probably not. Not for a while. The new owners of Remington, including the ammo business are saying they presently have a billion dollar backlog
of orders which does not include the civilian market. Not to mention the disaster of a possible Biden administration.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Probably not. Not for a while. The new owners of Remington, including the ammo business are saying they presently have a billion dollar backlog
of orders which does not include the civilian market. Not to mention the disaster of a possible Biden administration.
Well, let's hope for the best. I don't want to shoot just 22LR for the next year or so.

S.C.

Well, let's hope for the best. I don't want to shoot just 22LR for the next year or so.

S.C.
Have to remember that Remington is only one player in the World Ammo market for the 9mm, .223/5.56 and the 308/7.62x54 now more conventional chambering for the US a different story. World wide production especially for the aforementioned high demand chamberings are coming in now at an increasing rate.

With what is going on politically doubt that this will be a short term problem. However, when it is over there will be a glut of ammunition kind of like when everyone and their pet parakeet started to build anything that was AR-15. Market got saturated a few years ago and a some of them went under or were acquired.

Top Bottom