Ammo - Long Term Storage?

gsxrian

BAMF
How do you guys store your ammo for the long term and combat the effects of humidly?

Metal 50 cal ammo cans - with loose ammo in zip lock bags

Metal 50 cal ammo cans - original cardboard boxes with or without zip lock bags

Stick the original cardboard boxes in a cool dry place and leave it there for 10+ years

RobBase

Flippin Swiss fan of Tay-Tay
50 cal ammo cans with good gaskets and a silica gel envelope in each can with all the cans stored in a dry room with a golden rod running or some other form of dehumidification.
The ammo itself is either in individual boxes or loose in bags, however it came.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
How do you guys store your ammo for the long term and combat the effects of humidly?

Metal 50 cal ammo cans - with loose ammo in zip lock bags

Metal 50 cal ammo cans - original cardboard boxes with or without zip lock bags

Stick the original cardboard boxes in a cool dry place and leave it there for 10+ years
I stick it in the soda machine.
IMG_20211031_173651.jpg

S.C.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
man ive seen folks sell cardboard boxes of ammo thats decades old without issue. i mean i wouldnt put it on the back porch in the elements or anything...but any air conditioned home in america is going to keep humidity in the 50% range for the entire house. stick it in a closet.

rumble phish

BAMF+
I did the 50 cal ammo cans and loose bulk ammo w/silica packets in each. Pain in the ass to load up for the range. The most recent purchases of ammo will remain in their cardboard boxes w/plastic inserts and will be stored in Pelican storage crates with large silica packets in each crate. Keep 'em off the floor on racks in the garage.

I've also heard many folks say not to store your ammo in the same safe as your firearms. Don't know if that's true or not, but it seemed like sound advice, so I went with it.

Top Bottom