Amazon anti-trust hearing: Bezos cant guarantee it hasnt violated its own policies on fair competition, so FCC authorizes 578 satellites in orbit

nomad

BAMF

Cutthroat tactics are par for the course at Amazon, a company as closely associated with bullying subsidies out of local governments as it is with the burnout of its own employees. So it came it as little surprise that a Wall Street Journal investigation published last week found many long suspected: that the company uses seller data to inform its own private-label products.
What kind of dirt does the Committee have on these guys, anyway?
Glad you asked! As mentioned, some of it is likely to come out day-of, but reporting suggests at least some of the offensive will focus on the propensity for tech giants to buy up or steal features from smaller upstarts.

FCC Approves Amazon's Bid to Launch a Constellation of More Than 3,200 Internet Satellites

Wait till Bezos owns the internet...

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Jeff Bezos comes up with the idea for a global internet service....amazoning

wonder if he'll contract with SpaceX to launch them into orbit for him?

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
well Blue Origin's "New Glenn" rocket has made several successful animated trips to space so who knows.

SpaceX's starlink currently has 422 satellites in orbit and is likely to start beta testing end of summer or early fall.

Bezos needs to get half of his 3236 proposed satellites in orbit by 2026 to keep his license. His current delivery and satellite capabilities are cartoons.

As for who will be first? I'm gonna go with the company that has the equipment in space already sending signals.....but I"m also not discounting Bezos in this as a significant player. He'll probably be the second company which is still very good. Where Bezos will pull ahead is in sales provided Starlink doesn't corner enough of the market for a big momentum play which is likely.

My guess is that both companies will remain privately held for a long time.

Top Bottom