Ahmaud

Vegas12

BAMF+
There are really no depths attorneys won't go to be they prosecutors or defense.

Are there questions about what Arbery was really up to? Sure. Does it matter in this case? Not really, but it's not going to stop the defense from bringing shit up that's just nuts. They want to paint a picture that he was dirty and violent. I don't know what he was, but the video I saw showed guys loading up and stalking him and then shooting him dead. They had no right to detain him, even if he was stealing building supplies in his shorts and sandals a few blocks before. He was just trying to get away from guys with guns from what I saw, and his killers were in a far different situation that KR was in.

Hoping these fellers burn, but I didn't watch much of the trial so there's that.

The law has a few details regarding citizens arrest....the McClansmen covered none of them.

Zimmermscum got off because you, others and the jury believed the innocent little greaseball who absolutely got his ass kicked was innocently walking back to his car minding his own business.....too bad there wasn't a video showing what really happened.

You didn't bring it up....I'm just being preemptive....😉

Vegas12

BAMF+
def not looking good for those three....as for the matter of what he was doing.

I think "out jogging" is about as ridiculous an explanation as it gets. so if thats what the left wants to push as its theory/storyline...everything else is fair game.

ALL of the dead leprechauns (not a default, it's what I wrote) are always perfect angels after they're gone.....the felon floyd was the absolute worst..

But I suppose all dead people are perfect at their funeral.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
In the likely event those good ole boys chased that guy down to dispense their version of justice and killed him. They should hang.

The dead guy is not on trial. He's the dead guy. He didn't run at them saying he was gonna kill them. If he did, well then fine, but dont think that happened.

The Black (or otherwise) Militias now gathering outside the court house demanding a verdict...The can demand, but dont touch. Otherwise, they are no better, and should meet the same fate.

*to the guy who said the Christmas Day parade deal was payback, or a "starting of a revolution"....had better hope he's wrong. I'm in favor of people being treated fairly. But if you're gonna bully people, I don't give a flying fuck which side you're on. It's not my side.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
not arguing they may very well have been set out to kill the kid...although that seems as unlikely as the kid was simply out jogging and minding his own business etc...but still possible i guess.

JMO, but I dont think its unreasonable to assume the kid was walking thru new homesites looking for shit to steal...the videos and previous burglaries certainly seem to support this theory (albeit not prove it, which is impossible) also not unreasonable to assume those yokels DID fully intend to stop the kid and turn him over to the cops. (again, cant prove or disprove this either).

the whole altercation itself is spun in two different ways based on whos watching/reading it.

1. 3 white guys thought they were gonna stop a black kid they witnessed what they felt was him robbing or scoping out homes in their neighborhood to rob at a later time....instead of surrendering the kid chose to fight and subsequently got shot in the process. thus "he attacked me, i was forced to defend myself"...im innocent!

2. black kid sees 3 rednecks with guns and pickup trucks yelling at him to stop "or else" and thus takes off running (not an unreasonable choice for anyone in that situation IMO) but then chooses to fight vs surrender and subsequently gets shot in the process. thus "i had no other option, they were going to kill me, so i chose to fight and they shot me"...they are guilty.

its not difficult to see how either side of the fence can find the truth in both of those stories.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
The law has a few details regarding citizens arrest....the McClansmen covered none of them.
Zimmermscum got off because you, others and the jury believed the innocent little greaseball who absolutely got his ass kicked was innocently walking back to his car minding his own business.....too bad there wasn't a video showing what really happened.
You didn't bring it up....I'm just being preemptive....😉
Im betting the McClansmen wanted to catch them a leprechaun... Zimmerscum did get his ass kicked and I believe he feared for his life. I feel bad for the child that his parents were clueless as to his whereabouts for how long after he died? That is the real tragedy.

Vegas12

BAMF+
not arguing they may very well have been set out to kill the kid...although that seems as unlikely as the kid was simply out jogging and minding his own business etc...but still possible i guess.

JMO, but I dont think its unreasonable to assume the kid was walking thru new homesites looking for shit to steal...the videos and previous burglaries certainly seem to support this theory (albeit not prove it, which is impossible) also not unreasonable to assume those yokels DID fully intend to stop the kid and turn him over to the cops. (again, cant prove or disprove this either).

the whole altercation itself is spun in two different ways based on whos watching/reading it.

1. 3 white guys thought they were gonna stop a black kid they witnessed what they felt was him robbing or scoping out homes in their neighborhood to rob at a later time....instead of surrendering the kid chose to fight and subsequently got shot in the process. thus "he attacked me, i was forced to defend myself"...im innocent!

2. black kid sees 3 rednecks with guns and pickup trucks yelling at him to stop "or else" and thus takes off running (not an unreasonable choice for anyone in that situation IMO) but then chooses to fight vs surrender and subsequently gets shot in the process. thus "i had no other option, they were going to kill me, so i chose to fight and they shot me"...they are guilty.

its not difficult to see how either side of the fence can find the truth in both of those stories.
Except you're leaving out a very important part....the prosecution argued, and I read this early on, the McClansmen had no rights regarding a citizens arrest of an unwittnessed crime.....and there is some language in there regarding a felony and misdemeanor etc ..

It's very much like a homeowner or business owner chasing a thief down and executing them AFTER the threat is over.

Last edited:

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
Except you're leaving out a very important part....the prosecution argued, and I read this early on, the McClansmen had no rights regarding a citizens arrest of an unwittnessed crime.....and there is some language in there regarding a felony and misdemeanor etc ..

It's very much like a homeowner or business owner chasing a thief down and executing them AFTER the threat is over.
and thats fine, whats the crime & punishment for "attempting to make an unlawful citizens arrest?" they are clearly guilty there!

they are on trial for the shooting, and just like in the rittenhouse case what happened up to that point is argued on both sides but has nothing to do with the fact that the shooter was attacked by the shootee, and even thats on video.

now that said, hell look what it took for the rittenhouse kid to be found not guilty of shooting 3 white people. I dont expect these 3 to escape scott free at this point especially after the rittenhouse verdict.

Vegas12

BAMF+
and thats fine, whats the crime & punishment for "attempting to make an unlawful citizens arrest?" they are clearly guilty there!

they are on trial for the shooting, and just like in the rittenhouse case what happened up to that point is argued on both sides but has nothing to do with the fact that the shooter was attacked by the shootee, and even thats on video.

now that said, hell look what it took for the rittenhouse kid to be found not guilty of shooting 3 white people. I dont expect these 3 to escape scott free at this point especially after the rittenhouse verdict.

You're missing the point....the klan murder happened during a commission of a crime....you can't claim self defense if you're the attacker.

KR dodged a bullet(pardon the pun)....he hadn't committed a crime up until that point.

I've written the scenario before: if he killed the felons while acting as a vigilante, he would have been Bubba's bitch.

For instance If the child molester was torching a car and KR played the hero.

The major difference between the two cases is there's no question what the arbery killers did was illegal.....

The prosecution tried their best to prove KR was doing something illegal before the attack....even tried to get a video in to prove intent where KR was saying he wanted to shoot shoplifters...

After the gun charge got dropped, just saying he was in the area while legally armed wasn't enough.....as dumb as it may have been.

Vegas12

BAMF+
google seems to disagree with that whole citizens arrest being illegal thing (at least in georgia)....

no doubt both sides will argue whatever helps their case.

I haven't read it in awhile, but I recall there being some language about witnessing the crime and whether it was a felony etc...

Link what you found, please.

CID

BAMF+
buncha techno lawyers here that dont see the real truth and jump on some bullshit racist bandwagon like you're arguing apartheid. This is a full on war of society at this point and you fucks argue about how it SHOULD be like its the 1950s ozzie and harriet america or something.

Self defense isn't questionable. If somebody attacks you you have a right to self defense. PERIOD. And YES lucy.... you also have a right to protect property. Your forefathers are LAUGHING at you sissies. :fu::fu:

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
If someone comes into your residence, invited, and takes a shit in your living room, do you offer them some toilet paper and then clean it up once they finish or do you eject them from your dwelling and bar them from returning?

Behavior is everything in civil society.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
I haven't read it in awhile, but I recall there being some language about witnessing the crime and whether it was a felony etc...

Link what you found, please.
it was just a legal site that mentioned both witnessing a crime, and or witnessing someone/something you had reason to believe had recently committed (or will commit) a crime.

which seems like a reasonable explanation to me, but again thats just google law.

found it in my history, it does reference a felony, but does reference "Armed robbery, burglary, and other types of theft crimes "

"Rules and regulations regarding citizen’s arrest in Georgia can be found under Section 17-4-60 through 61 of the Georgia Criminal Code. Established during the late 1860s, the law authorizes private citizens to make an arrest of others if a crime is committed in their presence or in cases in which they have immediate knowledge that one occurred. "

Vegas12

BAMF+
it was just a legal site that mentioned both witnessing a crime, and or witnessing someone/something you had reason to believe had recently committed (or will commit) a crime.

which seems like a reasonable explanation to me, but again thats just google law.

found it in my history, it does reference a felony, but does reference "Armed robbery, burglary, and other types of theft crimes "

"Rules and regulations regarding citizen’s arrest in Georgia can be found under Section 17-4-60 through 61 of the Georgia Criminal Code. Established during the late 1860s, the law authorizes private citizens to make an arrest of others if a crime is committed in their presence or in cases in which they have immediate knowledge that one occurred. "

That's what I recall....none of that happened in this case....the McClansmen saw him running when they took chase.....

Stetson

BAMF+
Those guys fucked up so bad that Georgia is the only state in the nation to have repealed their own citizen arrest law.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Those guys fucked up so bad that Georgia is the only state in the nation to have repealed their own citizen arrest law.

"Even though Arbery didn't commit any felony crimes, the jury simply has to conclude whether they reasonably believed that he did."

Running in shorts down the streets while black.....that's reasonable to suspect a felony was committed.

Stetson

BAMF+
"Even though Arbery didn't commit any felony crimes, the jury simply has to conclude whether they reasonably believed that he did."

Running in shorts down the streets while black.....that's reasonable to suspect a felony was committed.
I would have to say the defendant that was the investigator with the prosecutor's office for 30 years should've known it wasn't a felony.

rumble phish

BAMF+

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I'm surprised the fellow following and filming in his truck appears to have been charged with the same charges as the guy who shot and killed the victim.
I think that's standard practice for many years now.
As an example of how it's more commonly used - commit a robbery with someone and anybody dies in that robbery, you are held responsible even if you had nothing to do with the death.

braindead_organdonor

unpopular opinions
I'm surprised the fellow following and filming in his truck appears to have been charged with the same charges as the guy who shot and killed the victim.
Me too and I suppose they will all appeal after sentencing.
I suppose it's over camera guy doing shit that's not so evident on camera. He was like a bad sheepdog, herding the sheep right into the wolves.
Convicted of murder they are supposed to get life, it's up to the judge whether they are eligible for parole or not.

But wait....all 3 have been indicted on federal hate crime charges too. That trial begins in February. Hope they can still afford decent lawyers after the state trial and the inevitable appeals.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
stupid games win stupid prizes... I would think his attorney would have seen the light and at least cut a deal from the McKlansmen... but who knows.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Interestingly, Georgia was one of the few states without a 'hate crime' statute prior to the acts that led to this trial- one was legislated (in June 2020) following renewed calls for it after Arbery's murder.

There's a weird statute in Thailand where certain crimes (like theft) can carry a higher penalty if they were committed at night than if the exact same crimes were committed in the day (i.e. a max sentence for theft at night is five years, where in daytime it's three years). It beats me how they make the call if it's around dusk...

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
There was some info about it in an early CNN interview with Roddie Bryan and his lawyer- something along the lines of he knew the story was coming out and he felt it exonerated him or at least ameliorated the severity of his involvement. Basically, 'I was just a witness.'

Edited- yup, that was it:

A neighbor of the father and son arrested in the shooting of Ahmaud Arbery has fully cooperated with the investigation and is simply "a witness to the tragic shooting," his lawyer said.

Attorney Kevin Gough told the "TODAY" show that his client, William "Roddie" Bryan, was in his yard in Brunswick, Georgia, on Feb. 23 when he saw Arbery running, followed by a white pickup truck.

Last edited:

rumble phish

BAMF+
I don't recall that being the original story, vs they saw him snooping around a home construction/jobsite...

water under the bridge at this point now that they are guilty though!
They had surveillance in some of the homes being renovated/constructed because there was theft of tools and supplies occurring. Supposedly they had Ahmaud on video in one or more of the houses, but they didn't have video of him actually stealing anything. I think I recall reading that he did have a hammer or some type of tool on him that he dropped when he was running. When they spotted him "jogging" through the area one of the three recognized him as one of the people that was on video in the houses, which is what prompted them to follow him. He started running (not jogging) when they tried to confront him. Bubb and Jr. got in the truck and chased him down. They circled on him and basically had him cornered. Words were exchanged and a trigger was pulled. The rest, as they say, is history. This is MY summary of what I've read/heard about the case, so take it with a grain of salt (or a few grains). It's been a while since I read up on this case, and I'm too tired to go look it all up now. I'll correct it in the morning if I'm wrong.

Vegas12

BAMF+
I dont recall that being the original story, vs they saw him snooping around a home construction/jobsite...

water under the bridge at this point now that they are guilty though!

We're saying the same thing....but have different views.

Walking around a construction site and then running down the street is not necessarily a crime much less a felony.....especially since the owner testified nothing was ever stolen.

AA certainly could have been trespassed off the property by the owner....which wasn't the McClansmen.

The McClansmen couldn't answer the dispatcher when asked, "What is he doing wrong?"

I defer back to the simple fact that once the threat is over, you can't go chasing the suspect down the street with a pistol and a shotgun....

It's over, but I get a feeling you think it still may have been the wrong verdict.

RP, the only reported crimes were of fishing poles and the dipshit McClansmen getting a 9mm stolen out of his truck......nothing from the construction site.

The hammer in the street picture was never addressed AFAIK.

Vegas12

BAMF+
There seems to be a lot about this shitshow that doesn't get explained.

The owner of the house said nothing was missing.....so the hammer, while odd, is a moot point; especially since the McClansmen didn't witness any crime.

I'm honestly interested in what else you think was not explained??

I've posted a lot in these threads, but I have no love for either side.....I didn't think Chauvin would walk, but we all knew he was wrong to some degree......even though the felon floyd was an absolute POS.

KR is a snot nose wannabe, IMHO, but wasn't doing anything wrong at the time of the attack. HE ALMOST WAS..

I was wrong on the zimmermscum verdict, but realize the jury had no choice with the evidence presented. His subsequent behavior shows what garbage he is....little man with a gun.

Back to this case......again, AA may have been a ghetto rat to the core.....but he did nothing to cause what amounted to a modern day lynching.

The McClansmen are the poster boys for vigilante dipshits.

Top Bottom