Adams Supermoto

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Rode yesterday at Adams Supermoto School with Stuman. It's maybe the best bang for the buck out there for a track day. $299 included a bike, track day, and Stu teaching fundamentals all day.

Started off ok, I made the first three laps. Stu how ever had failed to tell me that crashing was against the rules. Besides, I didn't really crash, my little DRZ400 just got sleepy and decided to lay down right in a turn for a little nap. Being that I figured laying down next to it was the polite thing to do. My initial goal was to practice a knee down riding style. I think that might have had something to do with my undoing. I wasn't comfortable in the low speed turn, probably rolled the gas on thinking its just a DRZ, its' not gonna bolt from here. Anyway, cold tires. cold track, bad idea. Switching back to a foot out riding style salvaged my day.

So a little ego adjusting and Stu going "what the fuck" I rolled it back a notch. Spent the rest of the morning (and afternoon) trying to do exactly what he was teaching. Go figure, treating a learning opportunity as a student seems to be a good approach.

Stu went out and put a bunch of big white X's on the track for all the turn in points. I did the next couple sessions just trying to put my tires on the X. Also noticed a few of the guys were ignoring the X's and playing racer. Because it had rolled it back and was doing point to point lines, they'd pass me on the right and left. Good for them.

By the end fo the day I was able to hit for the most part all the turn in points. The track started to flow a little. It is a nice supermoto track for sure.

Again, very grateful for the opportunity and riding time. At the end of the day pretty much everyone had rolled it up and Stu said hey lets go run some laps. I flashed on the typical last session of the day is the best session to skip, and with some reluctance declined. It would have been a lot of fun for sure to get in some laps with him but I didn't.

what stood out this time for me was something I had heard him mention before, it wants new information, but it is what I came away with.

the comfortable riding position is the correct riding position.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Video of Maui showing me the fast way around Adams to come :)
pretty sure that video is not of me but someone who stole my leathers and helmet and decided to take a leisurely tour of the track....

yep

Just like the one to CVR..

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Got invited to a kart track yesterday to ride 85 - 125's. All I had to do was show and ride. I already had plans to dirt bike. Then the asshole posted video of him on track and it looked so bad ass.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Got invited to a kart track yesterday to ride 85 - 125's. All I had to do was show and ride. I already had plans to dirt bike. Then the asshole posted video of him on track and it looked so bad ass.
you should absolutely go for it

Stites

do they go during the week ever?

Not sure, I don't even know the guy other than a mini-moto FB group. He invited me and said he had a spare bike I could use because he knows I have track experience.

He posted a few videos from yesterdays action and I was like dam it, I can dirt biking anytime!! They had 85's, 125's and what looked like some small 250 sport bikes but I couldn't tell.

Stites

can you ride a full size supermoto there?

I don't think so.....I thought it was in Nixon, NV but it's actually in Dixon, Ca which is in-between Thunderhill and Sacramento.

That said I know they are working with my customer who owns the kart track about 30 minutes from the house to get small bikes allowed on the track. Currently it's only shifter carts that are allowed.

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
on Maui the challenge for supermoto was with insurance. The work around was that the insurance company wouldn't allow racing, but would allow practice racing....which looked exactly like racing...but was not..because it was called practice. So they practiced having a grid start with a green flag to a finish with a practice checkered flag....but it wasn't racing, because it wasn't.

Top Bottom