A warm place to spray diarrhea all over everything...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I was about 18... My dad wouldn't let me join the military. He was in Vietnam. Unlike our president or Bolton(reserves). His father talked him into learning how to type... A true Remington raider. My father had a slick career located away from the majority of the bullshit, because he went in as an officer. He still was subjected to agent Orange and lost his prostate last year. He went and served his country over seas.

That's what 9 11 means to me. My old man, saved me from blind patriotism.

Well, that's very nice that you could learn to watch out for your own ass, not unlike our president and Bolton.
I hope it serves you well in life.

Personally, I grew up feeling a sense of responsibility to my fellow man in this great nation.

I saw the people doing things for others, like going off to Vietnam to fight , sometimes dying but always affected by the experience.
I also saw the WWII and Korean War Veterans and heard what they had done for everyone, from them, by mandate of their government.

I was in awe of just how much they sacrificed and most still had more to give if/when they got back home.

They impressed me as people and I so wanted to be a part of that kind of group.
I remember telling my father how I wished there was still a war going on so I could go fight "the bad".

Granted "the bad" I wanted to fight was in my own life and my desire was to learn how to fix it.
I didn't understand this at the time but, over time I did learn how to fight and defeat "the bad".

I worked construction and service station jobs in my teens after I dropped out of school and left home.
I was a mere child at 14 but, jumped out there and got busy trying to figure out life, how to keep it and make it better.

I moved back "home" a couple of times, paying rent but, never more than 6 months, during my longest stay.
I finally figured out I'd get nowhere unless I had some training and took the opportunity joining the service presented.
Iran had taken our people hostage and I got reminded of the sacrifices of others when the rescue mission failed.
It became clear what I needed to do for both myself and my fellow man.

The Air Force wouldn't have me without a High School diploma but, the Army would.
I scored high enough on the ASVAB to do whatever I wanted.
I wanted to fly but, before that I wanted to know just how those helicopters stayed up in the air so,
I went and learned with the option of transferring over to be a pilot at a later date.

This has become enough of a book already but I wanted to give you enough to see just what this blind patriot could see in front of him at 18 years of age.
I'd do it all over again, even with the same fucked up parts of the outcome my service had because, it had some great shit and people too, that I wouldn't trade for anything.

So, before you go shitting on what some now choose to do for others and themselves, you might go look in the mirror first and ask what another of our presidents asked:
"What can you do for your country..."
...besides shit on the efforts and actions of others from the warm safe comfort of your home?

Not in a memorial thread at least...

Last edited:
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Jesus wretch... I posted my experience from 9 11... Also my friends that were my age who served feel it was a war waged for fear and profit..

Sorry I shit in your warm place. My father was right. I sent I'm my service info at 18. If the draft would,have been reinstated I would like to think I would have served as well out of guilt or patriotism.

OP
OP
Wretch

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Jesus wretch... I posted my experience from 9 11... Also my friends that were my age who served feel it was a war waged for fear and profit..

Sorry I shit in your warm place. My father was right. I sent I'm my service info at 18. If the draft would,have been reinstated I would like to think I would have served as well out of guilt or patriotism.
Don't apologize.

What you posted rubbed me wrong and I responded to that.

I post for my own satisfaction, education, edification.

There are a vast number of reasons for any war being waged.
This is where moral relativism has fucked the public mindset into.

Meanings get lost in the minutia.

Yes, in one facet, your father was right.
That one single perspective isn't the whole picture though.

Those who serve choose to do so for a good reason, for the most part from what I've seen.
The same with any job where the person places themselves at risk for the benefit of others.
Always one or two that do a shit job either intentionally or by ignorance.

You didn't shit in my warm space, you shit in our warm space.

If I had no respect for you or your position, I wouldn't have said anything about it at all.

Last edited:

CID

Never met a man yet that was glad he didn't serve. Well... maybe cept WP. :lol:

Which is crazy when you consider that only about .5 percent of the population actually do.

OP
OP
Wretch

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I remember being astounded when they asked for those who had served at just how few stood up at my nephew's graduation, in Ft. Worth a couple of years ago.

There must have been 2000 or more people attending and less than 20 people stood up.

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Yer always gonna be that guy that didn't serve. And it will be a feeling you'll never get rid of. For the rest of your life you'll have wished you did.
Why I think my father and his father before him and my mothers great grandfather that fought in the civil war... I think my family has done enough fighting for and against this union.

I remember logging in here on an internet trickle from FOB shithole during my 08 tour and watching the kid fling poo at me..

8000 miles from my family , taking indirect fire was at least bi weekly at the time and direct fire fairly regularly...

Called me everything but a white man...

Kinda sticks with you ...

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
I'm not really cut out to be an "army man". Getting up at 0-dark noon, doing "ten-huts" before breakfast.

Don't get me wrong, I support our troops, and thank them when I see them in uniform. Women and minorities too.

CID

Why I think my father and his father before him and my mothers great grandfather that fought in the civil war... I think my family has done enough fighting for and against this union.
I don't begrudge your feelings today. I would hope any kid of mine to feel the same way... that their parents and before them gave enough already.

I'm talking about when you get up around the age of about 40 or so. 35 being the age limit for that one last chance. That time when we all start to look back and realize that we really didn't know a fucking thing up until about 35-40 and started really waking up to the life you've gathered. Some have regrets and spend the rest of their lives trying to fix shit they did or get depressed that they can't. Others maybe not so much... having a perfect life and all. Never met anyone like that, but I'm sure they're out there.

Right about then we all look back and say ... shoulda, coulda, woulda... You'll wish you did and it'll be for the exact reasons YOUR parents did.

LURCH

My gender: HE, HIM, SIR, MISTER. Now fuck off!
I remember logging in here on an internet trickle from FOB shithole during my 08 tour and watching the kid fling poo at me..

8000 miles from my family , taking indirect fire was at least bi weekly at the time and direct fire fairly regularly...

People suck :fu: God Bless you and your service 👍

That's a cop out to say your dad wouldn't let you join the military. How convenient of a stinky piece of poo excuse.

There's some brave mfers in my family. They all advised me to enlist when I was young and able bodied. Not because of the glory or patriotism, they wanted me to have those opportunities to get what the military gives. Also it was a time that people thought we would never see an actual war again. If I had joined, on my second year I would have fought in Daddy Bush's war.

But I did not listen because I was young, dumb, lazy, and hate authority.

CID

I'd be interested in seeing the response today. Could be an apology, could be a double down. People change and views change.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Yer always gonna be that guy that didn't serve. And it will be a feeling you'll never get rid of. For the rest of your life you'll have wished you did.
Millions of teenagers, I was one at the time, watched on TV on Groundhog Day 1972 as draft numbers were drawn. I was pretty goddam happy when April 17 came up 183. I didn't sign up for a government paycheck then, and I don't know anybody born in 1953 whose number was over 50 that ever joined. Never had a conversation with anybody who wasn't conscripted where either of us expressed the least bit of regret over not joining.

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
I appreciate those who serve. I've known many, and I've known some who didn't come back. I did not serve and I'm happy enough about that. If I had, it would have been Vietnam. I have never called anyone a baby killer, nor have I ever disparaged a soldier.

rumble phish

BAMF+
My father served for 30 years and in two wars. I almost joined the Marines when I was 18, but decided I wanted to play ball instead. I regret not serving, and not a day goes by where I don't appreciate the service of others.

CID

Millions of teenagers, I was one at the time, watched on TV on Groundhog Day 1972 as draft numbers were drawn. I was pretty goddam happy when April 17 came up 183. I didn't sign up for a government paycheck then, and I don't know anybody born in 1953 whose number was over 50 that ever joined. Never had a conversation with anybody who wasn't conscripted where either of us expressed the least bit of regret over not joining.
Vietnam and the 60-70s was a different time period and can't even come close to be compared with the last 2 decades. In other words it's one thing not wanting to fight the communist encroachment in an Asian country in light of the previous 20 years of 50's style government and the Korean War. But there were three thousand people that died on our own soil, this time around. Any kid that laid back, pointed the finger and played the 60's style 'hate the government' game after 9/11? That's a whole different ballgame. Life happens, college, work, whatever... but to hate on the Government and people that served in the way Squid did and now come around spouting about how the parents did that task 'for' him? Seems a bit disingenuous given the 'ass kicker' persona that's been played out by him. I think the inner self will wish that he had served in some capacity as most that I have talked to do...... I could be wrong.

Last edited:

CID

i dont regret not serving and being obliged to Article 125. Thanks to those that did. Having the choice is what makes this country great!!
maybe 'regret' is a bad word... I don't 'regret' not having kids, but I feel that I missed out on an opportunity when I see another father and a kid throwing ball. Is the military an 'opportunity'? Probably not, but that's the best I can come up with. lol

now come around spouting about how the parents did that task 'for' him?
That was part of his schtick back then too...

He was a bigger patriot than I will ever be because of what his forefathers did yada yada..

He was also funnier and smarter than me , better lookin and had every single thing figured out that ever needed to be figured out...

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
... i'm still ready to serve this Great Nation...

problem is... i won't let some jackwad in DC tell a 5 Star General who is gonna' go do what to whom...

i hope and pray i am capable to make those TBA decisions when TSHTF...

CID

Let me put it another way besides the 'patriotism or serving your country' hype, which I also get:

It's hard for me to relate to anybody that says they would never want to run down range with some really big guns with a bunch of buddies that also have really big guns.

It's like trying to understand why a dude would never want to ride a motorcycle. :lol:

OP
OP
Wretch

Wretch

amazingly graceful

The fucking job you do is scary enough without people flicking pills in your general direction.

I recall my platoon leader asking me how I felt about being shot at.
I told him it pisses me off and makes me want to return the favor.

I also recall talking shit about how fucked up I thought a repair that was done, was.
Shortly there after, I got tapped to go test fly on the mother fucker.
Too fucking proud even knowing it could be my last act of showing I'd follow orders even if I didn't agree with the task.

We all died in a huge fireball when we hit the ground.

OP
OP
Wretch

Wretch

amazingly graceful
... i'm still ready to serve this Great Nation...

problem is... i won't let some jackwad in DC tell a 5 Star General who is gonna' go do what to whom...

i hope and pray i am capable to make those TBA decisions when TSHTF...
Your squad leader or even your platoon sergeant are the one's that give you the orders.
Most of the time, they want to stay alive just as much as you do and know how to interpret the mission and how it is to be accomplished.

Ain't no body got time to speculate on the why the freakin' frogs are turning gay.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy

Good for you to see through their lies Squid
No reason to fight for a lying thieving gov
I am sure if the reason was authentic and sincere both you and I would have gladly joined and fought for this country.
If people want to feel good about joining and fighting in the military, good for them, but dont try to make me feel bad about it, cause I won t.

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Remember when I zeroed out your bill at Verizon? Does that count for anything?

:)

Seriously, all you guys and girls have my deepest thanks. You stay awake at night, so we don't have to.

I was in Washington D.C. last year, and the monuments to the men and women that built this country brought a year to my eye.

I stood in front of the Vietnam Memorial at my friend's father's name, and openly wept.

Fuck any body that shits on this country.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as lucystrike
maybe 'regret' is a bad word... I don't 'regret' not having kids, but I feel that I missed out on an opportunity when I see another father and a kid throwing ball. Is the military an 'opportunity'? Probably not, but that's the best I can come up with. lol
you dont necessarily have to have your own kids to be a big brother to one. Also its really never too late for guys to crank out kids...ala Norman Lear :)

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
I don't begrudge your feelings today. I would hope any kid of mine to feel the same way... that their parents and before them gave enough already.

I'm talking about when you get up around the age of about 40 or so. 35 being the age limit for that one last chance. That time when we all start to look back and realize that we really didn't know a fucking thing up until about 35-40 and started really waking up to the life you've gathered. Some have regrets and spend the rest of their lives trying to fix shit they did or get depressed that they can't. Others maybe not so much... having a perfect life and all. Never met anyone like that, but I'm sure they're out there.

Right about then we all look back and say ... shoulda, coulda, woulda... You'll wish you did and it'll be for the exact reasons YOUR parents did.
Actually if you really want to get into it and open this can of worms since you know nothing about me other than your pointer finger of regret...

I went at 34 two years ago took my asvab scored an 89 without any studying, and trust me I'm not as sharp as I was at 25.

I trained for 6 months before...

I could do 20 pull ups 100 sit ups 50 push ups, swim the half mile in breast stroke and run the mile.., all in the time that was required.

And I did it with a recruiter and had my time recorded and signed off on.

At 34.

I wanted to be a navy diver. I wanted to go to buds. I wanted to be demolition.

I went to Knoxville TN, I cleared medical. They tested to make sure my ears perforated under pressure, they did.

I can hold my breath way past 2 minutes, and that's with me smoking and ripping the bong.

I got down to 172, I was in peak physical shape.

The enlistment team offered me a for sure thing... With the skittles on a flight deck...

I score 10 points shy on my asvab of perfect, I literally make every recruit that's 18 look like dog shit because I'm lean and have swam and busted my ass for the past several years.

They offer me fucking skittles, with a chance that I can go to buds after a year...

I respectfully declined, I didn't oath in and I don't regret shit.

The Navy lost out. Not me.

If you doubt my ability or the validity of this story I will gladly go to my apartment complex pool and video me swimming under water the entire length and back... It's not Olympic, but I'd be glad to do that as well.

I have saved two lives on the atlantic Ocean... And one dog while I was first mate on a snorkel boat...

I don't come in here pounding my chest or measuring my dick...

But god damn, you know so much about me and my regret. 22825.jpeg

Come get it bitch..

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
And honestly it's my fault for even engaging some you narrow minded fuck with my own thoughts or feelings... I'm better off talking shop about bikes or whores...

Don't want to disturb others with my own thoughts...

Never once did I disrespect the military, never once did I say I was proud I didn't serve.

I'm going to smoke a fatty get in the shower abd go to bed... I unloaded a pallet of cinder block and 40, 80 lb bags of mix... That was my last task after the 8 hrs I already put in.

I could be selling boats cars houses... Making 5 times the cash..

I'd rather suffer.,, why? Because I sleep well at night, in more than one way.

OP
OP
Wretch

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Relax Squidwerd, you are among friends here.

So, like I said it the first post, the shit you said rubbed me the wrong way.
I needed a vent about it and to share that there really is more than one right way to look at things.

The rest is on you in how you responded.
I can kind of hear some regret in you putting for all that effort and not get exactly what you wanted.
Good on you for the trying.

Coming out and saying how it's all lies and doesn't mean anything is kind of narrow on the minded side in itself.

Like I also said, if you didn't matter, no one would have bothered to bring up the subject or questions around it.

I've missed some of these other things you are reported to have said so, I can't speak to it because it's between you and them.

Otherwise, sleep well young man because tomorrow you will be old.

OP
OP
Wretch

Wretch

amazingly graceful
All I know is

God,
Parents,
Then country.

My father wanted me safe physically and mentally..

I didn't go because he told me not to.

My father is honored by me,
We all walk our own paths since no one can walk them for us.
Good you had a loving father who was that concerned for you.

Yeah, God, Family, Country.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
3 sets of ten! Hell I work so hard I don't even have to lift any more.
I drop down to the 90lb dumbbells for the next set- my issue is the transition between bringing the weights from the floor to the base position to begin the first rep- I have a bit of a problem with my left shoulder and can only manage one 'heavy' (that's a very relative word:lol:) set, and only once per week as far as chest goes. Getting older and remaining in the gym is a constant challenge and continually evolving process.

CID

All I heard was "I wanted to..." "I wanted to..." "I wanted to..." "I wanted to..." but didn't, so fuck them.

This is exactly what my point was in the first place.

Don't know you from anything other than what you've posted here over the years, but I'm pretty sure I've been spot on, so far.

I wanted to fly F16s, but wasn't smart enough, so I became a Bradley Master Gunner instead. FUCK THE AIR FORCE!! I have zero regrets not studying more in school and then becoming a F16 pilot.... no, really. :lol::razz::hissyfit:

Never once did I disrespect the military, never once did I say I was proud I didn't serve.
You may claim multiple free drunk posts if you may, but there are plenty of people on this board that will attest to your disregard for anyone serving after the "hoax" of 9/11, as you called it.
(paraphrasing here) "They are stupid and cowing to the masters..." yada yada. You and WP had the exact same outlook on people that serve in the military.
I don't hate WP for that viewpoint and would have him at my house any day and I have zero reason to hate you, but don't come here NOW and change the story.

hey maybe I'm wrong and I have things mixed up there's been a lot of shit said here over the years...like some radio show shit taken outta context whatever... if so, I apologize in advance, but that's how I remember it.

And one last thing to that huff and puff roid raging headbanger ready to pounce in moments notice and give a beat down to anybody that disagrees with him guy ---- .. go fuck yourself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom