A pretty fast car is being built

wormser77

BAMF
right here in good ol Washington state apparently. Now the tri cities won't just be known for hanford where deformed fish and crazy mutated deer are spawn :lol:
SSC Tuartara is looking to be the top speed king at over 300mph in a production vehicle:eek:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I'm super jealous... having the cash flow to close highway down would be really helpful with my current go fast project. :)

nomad

BAMF
the most important figure is missing... how much fuel the car uses when producing1700hp cos unless it can pull a fule wagon behind it, there needs to be a gas station every 5 miles

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
Honestly, what the hell for?

There's a growing chorus of voices calling bullshit on these hyper-cars

Top Gear's Chris Harris said a few weeks back 'I'm not sure what I'd do with a 1000 hp car'

The makers have lost their way choosing massive hp and software over the lost art of low weight and FUN. They're catering to buyers that are either investors or magazine spec readers

Look at the current day 911 compared to those from before the 2000's. They're fucking pigs and too easy to drive too drive fast

Thankfully there are still outfits like Singer and guys like Gordon Murray that remember the true joys of driving

And when the Tesla Roadster with electrics augmented with cold air thrusters comes out, it will be game over for these hyper-cars

Drakhen

BAMF
Here's a Tuatara vs a Veyron...
Clicky
At least it's finally a real car. It's kinda been another of those vaporware vehicles for a few years, and I'd thought it was going to end up going the same way as the Vector.

For the price, I felt like the design and execution of the engine bay was a little disappointing. To me, at least, it looks like any other assembly line engine bay, with the ugly plastic covers replaced with carbon fiber.

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
A Koenigsegg Jesko, or how ever the fuck it's spelled, is supposed to go 300 MPH.
The Jesko Absolut is supposed to go 500 kph (310.7 mph), Koenisegg claims it will go 330 mph. Their fastest current is the Agera RS, which went 277.9 mph

Tuatara is claimed to do over 300, but has not done so yet.

Fastest currently is Bugatti Chiron Supersport 300+ has actually went 304.7 mph

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
Not likely. Not nearly enough horsepower. 1000 vs. 1750, the Bug is also quite a bit heavier.
At 1.75 to 1 favoring the tartar, the gap wasn't big enough in that rolling start based on numbers alone. You can see (and they stated outright in the video) the tartar was having trouble translating thermal energy to kinetic from the start while the Bugatti was composed, efficient and effortless the entire run

We're in an era where the software you bring to the strip is almost if not more important than the hp

And that's why I say the Bugatti, even with its extra heft and inferior hp, would take the tartar from a standing start. That's why they didn't film it. Wouldn't look too good having company founder driving in that race, would it?

Youtube is full of drag videos showing cars with superior hp being roasted by comparatively pedestrian cars with inferior horsepower that win only because of very effective launch control

+ you just know the Bugatti can do that race all day long and then go to a In n Out for drive thru

The tartar car...maybe three times and then it's a trailer ride home

OP
wormser77

wormser77

BAMF
Youtube is full of drag videos showing cars with superior hp being roasted by comparatively pedestrian cars with inferior horsepower that win only because of very effective launch control
So you're saying software is more important than suspension, chassis and tire set up for drag racing?

With this category of cars I'm not worried about how hard they launch. Top speed is what they're shooting for. I'd really like to see a shootout around the IOM👍🏻

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
So you're saying software is more important than suspension, chassis and tire set up for drag racing?

With this category of cars I'm not worried about how hard they launch. Top speed is what they're shooting for. I'd really like to see a shootout around the IOM👍🏻
1) Didn't say that anywhere

2) Pretty certain the Veyron would murder the tartar around the IOM

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
According to this, Bug runs 10.2 @ 142, the Tuatara 9.8 @ 144 in 1/4
Keep dreaming about the Bug's launch control making up the hp difference
The kid with the Bugatti who runs the youtube channel has a vid with him doing a standing start 1/2 mile against a McLaren P1

The Bugatti won because the P1 couldn't sort its launch control

And...the P1 ranks quicker than the tartar on your list

• Red
Reactions: Red

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
Dude just got the P1 and didn't know how to drive it.
The Bug has all wheel drive, so will take most cars off the line.
With the power that all of these exotics have, traction is the limiting factor in acceleration.
My McLaren doesn't hook up until over 150 mph if I turn the traction control off. With Tc on, it barks the tires on the 4-5 upshift.

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
If you are referring to isle of man, then the closest comparison is probably Nurburgring, where the Bug ran a 7:40, which is slower than a lot of cars. No time for the Tuatara. But I'm sure it would best the Bug.
See Here.

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
Yes Isle of Man (can't imagine anything else Wormser may be referring to)

If you are referring to isle of man, then the closest comparison is probably Nurburgring, where the Bug ran a 7:40, which is slower than a lot of cars. No time for the Tuatara. But I'm sure it would best the Bug.
See Here.
"No time for the Tuatara"

A recurring theme for the car...

Last edited:

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
Hot off the press

Top Bottom