a friend has disappeared..

OP
fish_antlers
Website
www.bikeland.org
Update from the search organizers:

"October 2 - The McLean Group and Blackcomb Helicopters have generously provided the use of one of their helicopters along with a pilot and spotters to aid in the search today. Blackcomb and Talon are flying search patterns between Garibaldi and Squamish.

October 2 - Community search efforts continue today with Talon Helicopters and volunteer spotters flying aerial search patterns north of Alice Lake.

A missing person poster campaign is underway that will paper the sea to sky corridor through the weekend.

A call for volunteers is going out to assist with weekend ground search activities.

Vancouver Police, RCMP, and Search and Rescue teams continue their efforts with the addition of a specialized ATV detachment.

Thank you everyone for your kind donations, for your well wishes, and for your help."

Well then, good as found.
"...I am seeing an image.... it's coming to me... slowly. But I think I see trees... Yes! Trees and... water! I think he is near trees and water..."
Did your friend have a family? I'm seeing a child. No... two. I see two... He is missing them... I may be able to tell you more, if you pay me $200...'

nomad

BAMF
Princess kiwi sent them a contact for a psychic that has solved a bunch of unsolvable crimes and works with the RCMP.
These people can be very very accurate. Great idea. Whats his name?

For 30 years, Keith Charles was a police officer, but he was like no other. He claimed to be able to talk to the dead. No longer a policeman, he’s now a psychic investigator helping detectives around the world. In America, the body of a murder victim is missing, can the psychic detective find him?

OP
fish_antlers
Website
www.bikeland.org
So we went up and helped with search efforts. Specifically concentrated on what psychic said. Was kinda uncanny. Talked our way onto private property (giant farm) where there were some very specific landmarks the psychic described. From the landmarks there is a clear view across a super angry river to the bank on the other side where it looks like a car and a person could disappear. Other side of river is indian reservation so need to arrange access. Even creepier - psychic's name is norm, and the private property has a few home made street signs and the landmarks are on a "street" with a home made street sign named "norm's way". All of our jaws dropped. Fucking coincidence? Possibly but there is literally no way, not via google, satellite or anything he could have known that and he is hundreds of miles from here.

nomad

BAMF
Getting permission for entering a Res is a MAJOR PITA. I had to do it once and vowed never again to have anything to do with these petty, small minded, little napoleons. They take offense at everything, enjoy making you wait, perceive slights where none exist and enjoy nothing more than using their local power to deny you whatever you are asking for. Res Police are nazis even to their own people.

Sounds like the Psychic is getting something... better than nothing. If he is dead, it might take a little time for him to get "settled" and deal with the mess he left behind through the Psychic. After this much time, and no traces, it could be a long road to closure. His poor family. What an ordeal.

nomad

BAMF
aaaah gaaad. Its allways the little ones that sufffer isnt it ((((

At least there is the internet..

Its going to be a VERY difficult decision when to tell them something and what to tell them

nomad

BAMF
so people are not telling the kids the truth?
easy to Judge, not so easy when its your kids you are trying to protect.
I can understand why they were not told immediately. He might return after all. Then a few days go by and wife postpones and postpones... because its so hard... and now its at this point
This is super difficult territory for anyone, and we know women are not good at dealing with hard truths. I would like to think I would make all the right choices, but I doubt life would grant me that opportunity either when confronted with something like this.

My guess is that it will be ugly. If this gets bigger on the news they will hear about it like it or not. All bad.
You are correct, may impact the long term relationship with he kids. As they get older they will resent it more and more Possibly.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Most of the time they don't bring SAR team, unless they are looking for body.

Sorry about your friend, may he RIP...

So there's no Search And Rescue.....most of the time it goes straight to Search And Recovery???

Good thing RESCUERS of the kids stuck in the cave in Thailand didn't know that.

Almost as bizarre as gonad asking about a body after SAR was notified.

Last edited:

tinhead

Has never named a pet
So there's no Search And Rescue.....most of the time it goes straight to Search And Recovery???

Good thing RESCUERS of the kids stuck in the cave in Thailand didn't know that.

Almost as bizarre as gonad asking about a body after SAR was notified.
When it's coming up on a fortnight since anybody saw him, plus he's not along a popular trail that's used nearly daily, two weeks is a hell of a head start.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
If subject was not located with the vehicle have they used a GOOD dog for a track direction?

Have air scent dogs been used. If so are they discrimtory or general disciplines? Live or cadaver?

At this point they should have a good work up of his profile and abilities for survival as well as current state of mind. Also knowing if he was armed or not would help.

Water is plentiful in that area, weather is a serving factor specially if injured with no shelter, terrain challenging. Don't rule out death unless evidence at the vehicle points in that direction.

Good luck to the teams.

Vegas12

BAMF+
When it's coming up on a fortnight since anybody saw him, plus he's not along a popular trail that's used nearly daily, two weeks is a hell of a head start.
I can agree with that.....my comment is regarding the fact that SAR is not called ONLY for recovery of a dead body.

I will personally hold out hope that the man is still alive until otherwise notified.

Vegas12

BAMF+
I don't see where it says "ONLY", unless "most of the time" is the same thing to you.
You wrote "most of the time" which is not even close to the way it works.....it is Search And RESCUE "most of the time" before it turns into a recovery mission.

You wrote "may he RIP"

You've given up, I haven't.

nomad

BAMF
Thank you for update... I wonder every day about this

"Please know that with the help of several other local SAR teams and K-9 units, we have collectively covered hundreds of kilmoeters on foot"

Rhino, Presumably if a bear was involved they would pick up that scent?

Police called the disappearance “out of character
Duncan said Wild is reported to have been upset but is not a danger to anyone, which is why they issued the request to "stay with him."
Can we get a translation of all that pls??

Last edited:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
If a bear got him there would be a TON of scent. I'm not thinking animal is the issue on this one.

Top Bottom