9/11/01 and the days following by Rhino.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Worst part of the day is learning more of the brothers I made that day died over the last year.

luckystrike

Anhela el dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Rhino, you should write a book, it's an amazing story indeed.

You are right that everyone pulled together, I remember our
company sending dust masks, gloves and other safety items
to the site.

You have true character
:up:

So here's my story...911 has a deep association with labusas for me, the two will be inextricably linked for the rest of my life.

Why?

Because when it went down, I was working in Prague. Far, far away from family and home. Sure, I had good friends around me. But they weren't from 'back home'. Sure, I watched it on CNN Europe, the web, and other American news outlets. I felt so alone and fearful for my wife and kids. But labusas made me feel at home and I derived comfort from the posts here.

I can recount every second of that day from around 3pm local time when I walked out of a meeting and this guy told me what just happened. I said in disbelief 'get the fuck outta here no way'

When I got to my desk, every news site was inaccessible and the feeling of dread overwhelmed cuz that meant something bad was going down and confirmed what that guy told me.

Went back to my flat, and spent the next 14 hours exclusively in the company of CNN, phone calls with my wife...and labusas.

Last edited:

Team222

BAMF
Paul as sad as that day was for me to watch unfold I didn't have any personal connections to the tragedy until you posted your experiences here on Labs, thank you for sharing those days with us.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I entered the site today at 8:46 AM ... Four hours and thirteen years after the world brought a problem to my door step.. I came before the news cameras.. Before the parades of tourist... and before the first family member entered the site.. security is already tight and I was checked over four times before I entered the area I wanted to lay my flowers and say hello to my friend... As I sat and chatted with my ghosts that I have come to carry with me I feel a cold presence of cement, steel and glass, The place looks very different.. I felt more at home here when it was a pit of ash.. Now with a tower that reaches into the sky and an under ground tomb of memories they label a museum the trickling water falls sit in place of two mighty structures that in the end where no match for the hatred of man.. I walk away and lead my ghost of a walk of the areas I worked in those hell filled days.. Each step is a struggle these days as there is some thing wrong with my nerve receptors that don't let my legs move to well and my breath is shorter these days then it once was.. But I would change nothing as in my heart is still in the fight.. I walk off the site as I wave farewell to my placed friend... The Ghosts of the past follow me and become hidden in my mind once again.. We are all at peace.. it is something I wish for the world to have some day.

Last edited:

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
I entered the site today at 8:46 AM ... Four hours and thirteen years after the world brought a problem to my door step.. I came before the news cameras.. Before the parades of tourist... and before the first family member entered the site.. security is already tight and I was checked over four times before I entered the area I wanted to lay my flowers and say hello to my friend... As I sat and chatted with my ghosts that I have come to carry with me I feel a cold presence of cement, steel and glass, The place looks very different.. I felt more at home here when it was a pit of ash.. Now with a tower that reaches into the sky and an under ground tomb of memories they label a museum the trickling water falls sit in place of two mighty structures that in the end where no match for the hatred of man.. I walk away and lead my ghost of a walk of the areas I worked in those hell filled days.. Each step is a struggle these days as there is some thing wrong with my nerve receptors that don't let my legs move to well and my breath is shorter these days then it once was.. But I would change nothing as in my heart is still in the fight.. I walk off the site as I wave farewell to my placed friend... The Ghosts of the past follow me and become hidden in my mind once again.. We are all at peace.. it is something I wish for the world to have some day.
Thank You

as hollow and empty as those two words may sound, I mean them from the core. May You and Your Ghosts continue in Peace.

CID

Good story about the last surviving dog......

Last known 9/11 Ground Zero search dog still lends a helping paw

“You’d see firefighters sitting there, unanimated, stone-faced, no emotion, and then they’d see a dog and break out into a smile,” Otto recalled. “Those dogs brought the power of hope. They removed the gloom for just an instant — and that was huge because it was a pretty dismal place to be.”
http://www.today.com/pets/last-know...-1D80137575?cid=sm_n_main_1_20140911_31414076

BigGar

high on placebo
Great to read this again and follow up posts as usual. I never realized until today that a good friend of mine's wife, who is a fantastic person in her own right and a retired AA Flight Attendant was preparing to head from LAX to Boston that morning. She'd been with American Airlines almost 20 years at the time, and knew every single pilot and attendant on those AA flights that went down. I'd never really put 2+2 together but she put some pictures and words up today that really gave me a feel for what she's been dealing with for the last 13 years. She lost a lot of friends and colleagues that day and they have not been forgotten.

Respect.

Gar

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
"Nineteen radical Islamist hijackers on planes with boxcutters in cahoots with OBL in a cave" is a conspiracy theory. Gravity, on the other hand, did not conspire with Building 7 and its 40,000 tons of structural steel. The resistance of the building did not conspire with the laws of physics. Nope.

The laws of motion do not conspire, and the sudden freefall acceleration of a skyscraper is impossible without precisely-timed explosives.

Seeing the video footage of the collapse is compelling. Watch this short video for a genuine analysis by professional architects and engineers, representing over 2100 at ae911truth.org
VIDEO: http://rethink911.org/evidence/building-7/free-fall

rotts4u

BAMF

Thanks for what you did and what you do each day carrying those memories. You did what you had to do because it was the right thing to do and the people, the country is better because of it. I love reading these posts year after year. It makes me remember what kind of special people we have around here. I hope to meet you someday.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
talking of special people.. I was with seven first responders last night,, One guy is a FDNY.. His unit sent a five man team up last radio contact "this is truck three we are on the 33 floor and still going up".. transmission was at 9:26 30 minutes later they where all dead... the surviving three guys in his units made up a t shirt with that saying on the back.. damn nice tribute....

We where eating at a nice Italian place and we where telling sharing out memories.. Each of us either had a unit shirt on or a uniform on.. Half way through our meal.. the matradee walks over with our waiter and told us a gentleman has paid our bill.. he left a few minuets ago and he told me to put everything on his card and to say thank you to all of you....

Now none of us consider ourselves hereos.. Probably why after 13 years we are all still a tight bunch of friends.. But this act of kindness choked me up and just floored me. We had a toast to the man that will remain unknown to us.

Sir Loin

BAMF
Good guy......a classy way to say thank you in his own way. :up: God bless ya Rhino.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Just more credibility to the stuff a good many here have said Paul.

Never have a doubt that you are seen as a valuable asset to our species, besides being one to the canines.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Thanks to All who answer and have answered the call... and gave support in any way... There are always silver linings even in the scariest, darkest, nastiest storm clouds.

It still has what it takes to make a country great... Strong, Bold, Fair, Decent people

Still Proud to be a Citizen of the Republic of these United States.

GOD BLESS AMERICA (even if some of us fall short of the mark)

BigGar

high on placebo
pimp,

I can't imagine a more fitting tribute on this thread today.

Thanks and respect to all of the dogs, and all of the people there during that terrible time.

Never forget.

Gar

gearhead999s

HOLYBAMF
Every year I reread Paul's account of that day & the days after.It always brings back the same emotions & memories of that day which I will never forget!Thanks to Paul & all the others who responded on that terrible day.

We live, we remember, we are thankful for the people that rose up to the call, bless all and bless the USA, one NATION under GOD and Liberty and Justice for ALL

ZX woman

giggity
Every year I reread Paul's account of that day & the days after.It always brings back the same emotions & memories of that day which I will never forget!Thanks to Paul & all the others who responded on that terrible day.
Yes, this is a very somber day for all of us. Remembering the times, the emotions. I love you Paul. I wish I had been able to meet Diavlo, and shake his paw.

CID

Today is You-Know-What, and like every year for the past fourteen years, you’re expected to feel solemn and anxious. And you should, for exactly one minute. But I’ve got another idea: how about after that initial pause for reflection, you instead focus on feeling better than ever on September 11th?

I get why we’re supposed to feel bad on 9/11—it follows an ancient logic. Converting a tragedy into a ceremony lets us control it and mediate feelings of grief and horror and loss through public performance and private reconciliation. A moment of silence has never brought anyone back to life, but it might make you feel a little less guilty about not being dead.

For each of the past fourteen September Elevenths since September Eleventh we’ve followed roughly the same regimen: we wake up to sad newspaper covers of remembrance, think about terrorism, watch some scary YouTube footage from That Day, feel nebulous dread, tense up a little when you take the subway or see an airplane, and then go to sleep thinking about terrorism. We do this each year because we feel like we have to, as if it’s rude to the dead to live normally. But the dead don’t care, because they’re dead. You know who’s still alive? A lot of terrorists!

Imagine this: you’re a member of Al-Qaeda, the once ascendant, gold standard of global terror, the Harvard of jihad. But now your leader is dead, your influence has waned, your mission is stalled, you haven’t pulled off large attack in ages, and you’re second fiddle (at best) to the new stars of ISIS. What do you have left going for you? This: once a year, you can be sure that the entire United States will feel crummy and anxious, still damaged from the attack you executed at the beginning of the last decade.

But what if we took that from them? What if this year and every year forward we used 9/11 as a national day of feeling fine? What if we were given the day off to enjoy ourselves, spend time with family members, sleep in, have a glass of wine, and not think about the threat of terrorism tomorrow and the trauma of terrorism over a decade ago? What if we didn’t feel a little extra scared on 9/11 because we were seeing a movie or having a dinner party with some funny friends? What if we were just being completely normal and catching up on the latest Hulu original content series while sipping a craft beer? I tell you what: Osama Bin Laden, if he were still alive, would hate it! He’d fucking hate it. He would be so irked by you sipping that beer and not being afraid of what he might do to you. He’s dead, but still, we can deprive lurking jihadis of this legacy, this yearly emotional attrition. We can piss them off so hard by going to a water park on 9/11.

It’s not unprecedented—we already kick back on bloody holidays without knowing it. Cinco De Mayo commemorates a battle between Mexico and France in which hundreds perished amidst a war that killed thousands. When we ask each other, Hey Brian, any plans for the 4th? We’re talking about the Declaration of Independence, which was of course a declaration of war. Would it be so different to ask each other, So, what’re you getting up to on the 11th? I don’t think so. And in fact, I do have plans for the 11th. I’m going to fly out of New York for a weekend in Wyoming, where I’ll go for walks, eat dark meats, look at rock formations, and not worry about Al-Qaeda in Iraq or ISIS or Jabhat al-Nusra or domestic white terrorists or anyone who wants me to feel like shit just because of the calendar. You can’t comfort the noble dead, because they’re dead, but you can always spite the living. --Sam Biddle

Last edited:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I feel ok...

...working on fine, but I got stuff to do that could hurt a fellow...

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Today is You-Know-What, and like every year for the past fourteen years, you’re expected to feel solemn and anxious. And you should, for exactly one minute. But I’ve got another idea: how about after that initial pause for reflection, you instead focus on feeling better than ever on September 11th?

I get why we’re supposed to feel bad on 9/11—it follows an ancient logic. Converting a tragedy into a ceremony lets us control it and mediate feelings of grief and horror and loss through public performance and private reconciliation. A moment of silence has never brought anyone back to life, but it might make you feel a little less guilty about not being dead.

For each of the past fourteen September Elevenths since September Eleventh we’ve followed roughly the same regimen: we wake up to sad newspaper covers of remembrance, think about terrorism, watch some scary YouTube footage from That Day, feel nebulous dread, tense up a little when you take the subway or see an airplane, and then go to sleep thinking about terrorism. We do this each year because we feel like we have to, as if it’s rude to the dead to live normally. But the dead don’t care, because they’re dead. You know who’s still alive? A lot of terrorists!

Imagine this: you’re a member of Al-Qaeda, the once ascendant, gold standard of global terror, the Harvard of jihad. But now your leader is dead, your influence has waned, your mission is stalled, you haven’t pulled off large attack in ages, and you’re second fiddle (at best) to the new stars of ISIS. What do you have left going for you? This: once a year, you can be sure that the entire United States will feel crummy and anxious, still damaged from the attack you executed at the beginning of the last decade.

But what if we took that from them? What if this year and every year forward we used 9/11 as a national day of feeling fine? What if we were given the day off to enjoy ourselves, spend time with family members, sleep in, have a glass of wine, and not think about the threat of terrorism tomorrow and the trauma of terrorism over a decade ago? What if we didn’t feel a little extra scared on 9/11 because we were seeing a movie or having a dinner party with some funny friends? What if we were just being completely normal and catching up on the latest Hulu original content series while sipping a craft beer? I tell you what: Osama Bin Laden, if he were still alive, would hate it! He’d fucking hate it. He would be so irked by you sipping that beer and not being afraid of what he might do to you. He’s dead, but still, we can deprive lurking jihadis of this legacy, this yearly emotional attrition. We can piss them off so hard by going to a water park on 9/11.

It’s not unprecedented—we already kick back on bloody holidays without knowing it. Cinco De Mayo commemorates a battle between Mexico and France in which hundreds perished amidst a war that killed thousands. When we ask each other, Hey Brian, any plans for the 4th? We’re talking about the Declaration of Independence, which was of course a declaration of war. Would it be so different to ask each other, So, what’re you getting up to on the 11th? I don’t think so. And in fact, I do have plans for the 11th. I’m going to fly out of New York for a weekend in Wyoming, where I’ll go for walks, eat dark meats, look at rock formations, and not worry about Al-Qaeda in Iraq or ISIS or Jabhat al-Nusra or domestic white terrorists or anyone who wants me to feel like shit just because of the calendar. You can’t comfort the noble dead, because they’re dead, but you can always spite the living. --Sam Biddle

I like where he is going here... i would love to help him understand one big mistake... but i will respectfully not sully the water on this day.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
She was thinking of Bravos, wasn't she?

Diavlo was a sweetheart of a dog that I would have loved to play more with.

Damn, I can hardly remember my own dog's names.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Doh! I knew that once but my mind betrays me more and more each day.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
It took me fifteen years to pay respect to the people on flight 93.. today I walked with them
. US PP where respectful and let me have some freedom on the ground.. it is an odd memorial that reminded me of a hull of a ship more than a plane.. it was amazing to see the farmers house in relation to where the plane came to rest.. he had a very up close and personal view of the horror. The area is magnificent and has stunning scenic beauty.. a very nice place to die I thought to my self as I felt the soft fertile ground below my feet.. the fields of the grounds still have hoe rows as you walk through the wild flowers that have taken back the land..

I then drove back home.. 45 miles away I could see the tower of light.. faintly but it was there.. as I got close I rerouted my trip to go there. All the first responders had a memorial two days ago and it was nice being part of that as it was a hush hush invite only thing.. ..
As I came out of the Holland tunnel and headed down West street I passed the spot where I was dropped of that day.. and flashes of memories and the sounds of the voices of the people of that are still heard as if they where standing there next to me.. I park the truck on Rector street and walk over the grounds..it much different now.. a cemented over cemetery is how it looks to me.. I stayed briefly just long enough to shed some tears and remember just what the horrors of men can do.... I don't know how to link my intagram pics here.. but for the friends that follow me they are there to see. God Bless us and all for we will over come all that we are challenged with.

OP
OP

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
Bump. Thanks again, Paul.

Last edited:

TurboGPZ

BAM
Having re-read this for the first time in 16 years,...Damn is brings back allot of emotions. I remember following the original posts before becoming a member of LAB...still wanna NUKE the bastards..

WARREN

BAMF+
Still hurts my soul thinking of that time. It's far enough in the past lots of younger people don't know about that day....time marches on.
Paul will forever be on my mind on 9/11

ZXALAN

BAMF
Well....this makes 18 years in a row I’ve come back and read Rhino’s thread. Still gets me every damn time. 😭

Rhino, if you’re still checking in here, I hope you’re doing well brother... God bless...

Top Bottom