9/11/01 and the days following by Rhino.

quiver

BAMF
Hmmm.....and people ask me what "343" means.
fdny
some things ya can not forget

keeping ya in my thoughts, paul

i'm not much at praying but i'll head out to the woods and try it for you.

if it will help ease the pains of the past and your heavy heart of late
hope you will find a lot of comfort, happiness, comradeship at indy
take care
tammy

skyfroggy

BAMF
Regretfully I never read this post until now.

Paul, you have my utmost respect and love. I appreciate you more than you could possibly know. And contrary to what you feel, you ARE a hero. I am proud of you. I have only ascribed that to two other people during my entire lifetime. You, sir, are number 3.

Thank you for all you do for America. God bless you, brother.

Ed

Some of us will never forget
Damn straight, Tim.

Paul, it tears at my heart to re-read your report every year. I'm glad we got to meet in GA; when people ask me what the sticker "means" on my bike, you are the first person who comes to mind :up:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Today was the hardest day as of yet...

I walk alone held up by the lost.

BitchOn2Weels

The Bitch your mother warned you about!
Rest in Peace to all the Fallen Heros. Paul thank you so much for everything you and Diavlo did you are True heros.

WitsBusa

cheese steak, Esq.
Rhino. I, too, did not have an opportunity to read your account before. Unless I hear from you to the contrary, I would like to pass your account along to as many people as I can. I believe the emotion and depth of what you shared is invaluable to remind people the hell that was unleashed on citizens of our country. I believe that many people have forgotten the reality of what had happened, and it has been replaced by ideology and rhetoric. Thank you for re-awakening my emotions to the tragic and horrific event. Becoming desensitized is a luxury we should not have, as I think it breeds complacency.

I pass along my sincerest thanks for the sacrifices you made, and the services you provided to our country.

Floyd

Fuck You
Website
www.labusas.org
Godspeed to those that ran toward the towers so that others may live and to those that have ran toward the gunfire in the days since to ensure that something like that never happens again

Teddyk

BAMF
Rhino, you have my respect and admiration. Diavlo is an amazing dog.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
It's still almost too heavy to comprehend.
I wish you all the happiness required to balance that weight.
hard to wrap my head around what happend that day...Thank You Paul

Hmmm.....and people ask me what "343" means.
That's sickining...:evil: :down:

Atlantic Engine Co #2
"We come to save"

Bozo

BAM
Rhino,

I read your original account just before heading out to mow the lawn. In the years since, it comes back every time I crank up the mower. All the neighbors think I have really bad allergies. :wink:

Thank you for recording your experiences. What you and the dogs do, it is truly heroic. :up:

For most of that day I didn't know whether my brother had survived. By the time he finally made it to a phone, I had the truck headed south on the Thruway packed with shovels, axes and every dust mask I could find. "Turn around" he said, "the pros are in here and there is nothing more we can do." I'll never forget what he said when I asked if there was anything else they needed -

"Yeah, we need prayers and money. There's a lot of orphans down here tonight."

God bless you and Diavlo (RIP) for doing your best to bring those people home.

OP
OP

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
Paul, again, thank you from me and my family.

You are the only true hero that I know.

speedracer

BAMF
Lots of emotion as you read Rhino's words. The section about the 'live find' and watching her pass away brings a tear to the eye. A big thanks to Rhino, Diavlo, and all the others that give of themselves unconditionally in times like that.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Sure brings you right back to that day. it does to me, anyway.

ZX woman

giggity
Just went back and re-read your words, Paul.

It still breaks my heart into pieces remembering what you've gone through. I love you brother.

You and Hapo are two of the highest in my book.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I thank Hapo... if he did not talk to me I would have walked off that pile and never return..

Thanks Hapo.

OP
OP

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
Thanks for the top Eddie.

Another solemn day for sure

ZX11 Man

BAMF
We remember the heros everyday, today is a special day to remember them. Its even more personal for us because we have one of those among us. This has always been an especially hard day for Rhino. He is in our thoughts, thanks Paul and Diavlo, not for doing what you had to do, for doing what you wanted to do...

Team222

BAMF
I seek out this thread every 9/11 but it's never really very hard to find.

I wouldn't blame anyone for maybe avoiding reading this at the beginning of their day, on this day, but for me through the sadness and my tears this thread reassures me how lucky I am to have been allowed to participate here at LABS.

Thank you Paul and Diavlo for your glimpse of what it means to sacrifice for something you believe in, I am forever indebted to you for that.

Jeff

I have read this every anniversary and you'd think it'd be easier with the passing years, but it isn't and I doubt it ever will ... The emotions are as strong as ever.

Thanks Paul ... Thanks Diavlo

TOPENDXX

BAMF+
Rhino, you should write a book, it's an amazing story indeed.

You are right that everyone pulled together, I remember our
company sending dust masks, gloves and other safety items
to the site.

You have true character

I wonder if you can find my posting with someone in NY on that 9/11 day.

I was at work 5:30/6 am Calif time posting with someone from NY and a member labusa who said there was a plane that hit one of the towers and I responded back and then he said that he had to get off the computer since he was going to go and help with the rescue.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Out of a crowd of people a face walks through. Her eyes locked onto my face... She said I remember you.. I looked back and a tear ran down my face... Yes I replied I remember you to... This was the woman that was there day and night holding a picture of her daughter.. She never talked to me direct.. just to my dog begging him to find her daughter.. every day she did the same thing.. every day a piece of me died watching this...

Eleven years later she hugs me and thanks me for trying... We never brought her daughter home.. not a single piece .

Eleven years later the pain still exists... for some it is lived every minuet of every day...

Just a little story from today.

Last edited:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Yury funny how in eleven years of attending the anniversaries we never seen each other until now.. her anguish tolled on me every time I ran into her back then.. and I have some way it still does..

I too am glad we met.. sad also for the fact her closure was never made.. she said she is ok and has made her peace.. I am not as forgiving and still have a long until I will call peace on the people that want to see my destruction.

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
Yury funny how in eleven years of attending the anniversaries we never seen each other until now.. her anguish tolled on me every time I ran into her back then.. and I have some way it still does..

I too am glad we met.. sad also for the fact her closure was never made.. she said she is ok and has made her peace.. I am not as forgiving and still have a long until I will call peace on the people that want to see my destruction.
In some strange way, maybe meeting her today will now give you a small closure.
At least with her...knowing that she made her peace.

Give my love to little woman and a tasty snack to your big boy. :)

Buelligan

HOLYBAMF
Every September 11th, I've always felt the same anger and rage I felt when I first saw the footage of the attacks getting played over and over. For some reason, last night, 11 years after the attacks... I just bawled like a baby this time. An overwhelming sadness just hit me all once and I couldn't stop crying.

I hope one day years from now, the future generations of America can regard the day with the same emotional detachment I do with another date that will live in infamy, December 7. I understand the significance, but December 7th doesn't make me sad for fills me with rage.

9/11... always will.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Every September 11th, I've always felt the same anger and rage I felt when I first saw the footage of the attacks getting played over and over. For some reason, last night, 11 years after the attacks... I just bawled like a baby this time. An overwhelming sadness just hit me all once and I couldn't stop crying.

I hope one day years from now, the future generations of America can regard the day with the same emotional detachment I do with another date that will live in infamy, December 7. I understand the significance, but December 7th doesn't make me sad for fills me with rage.

9/11... always will.
We worked toward and got some closure with Dec 7th.

Not so much closure with Sept 11th...
...yet.

Bozo

BAM
12 years today...

-Steve

Last edited:

TOPENDXX

BAMF+
I still miss the towers and have mad respect for the men that lost their lives
including people like Rhino that worked in recovery. . .never forget

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
I would like to take a moment to Remember all the Lives that were lost on 9 -11 ...and in the following actions in the middle east. I hope and pray that if even only for one day... We can look at our fellow American brothers and sisters and remember the love and cooperation that we all shared following 9 -11.

United We Stand, Divided We Fall. God Bless America, God Bless the Republic.

Top Bottom