72 degrees inside the shop at the junkyard and I'm freezing!

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Got on four layers up top, tee shirt, coveralls and two sweatshirts. Wearing jeans and the coveralls down below. I'm cold as shit! Happens every time after I eat my pathetic lunch. Takes me an hour or more to warm up again.

Should I be concerned?

I have a layer of blubber on me, plus a T-shirt and a hoodie and sweat pants, and I need to have it 72 degrees in the house while I'm sitting at my work computer all day, or I will freeze. So yes, you should be worried because you may be kind of like me.

I worked at this shop once the owner always tried to freeze us because his day job at the gas company the fat fucker works outside.
Had those lock boxes on the thermostats. We got around those with a bent piece of wire. He used to bitch about it.
It came to me telling him I just won't come in if you won't pay the gas bill.
I have Raynauds syndrome, fingers go numb with slightest cold, stay numb for hours.
Hell I'm cold now, trying to heat my house with a wood stove and kerosene heater.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I missed you at the polar bear swim in Coney Island on New Year's day... water temp was as good as Florida at 49 degrees and out side temperature of 64 ... damn Balmy for this polar bear.

JC

BAMF
You on blood pressure meds? If not, run around the yard carrying a kaw triple engine for 30minutes!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

RobBase

BAMF
Got on four layers up top, tee shirt, coveralls and two sweatshirts. Wearing jeans and the coveralls down below. I'm cold as shit! Happens every time after I eat my pathetic lunch. Takes me an hour or more to warm up again.

Should I be concerned?
You'd be dead if you lived up here.
It's comfortable for me to work in the 40's to 60's F.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
You're a lot like me then.
Temps drop a few degrees and it kills me.
Cold just goes right through to my bones.
I can handle 105* all day long though.

pimpslayer

BAMF+

Should I be concerned?
Naw, you're just a wimp like my wife.

Once it falls below 65 for a high outside, she's wearing long underwear under her jeans.

Stetson

BAMF
It's 6 outside right now, but I keep my garage at a balmy 45. I have a sweatshirt on...

edit: That lying Alexa told me it was 6. My thermometer says 1. :snowflake:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
It's 31*C (~88*F) here at 5:40PM- we had a really nice 'Children's Day' (Thai holiday celebrating kids). I'm beat, but my kid is the Energizer Bunny as usual...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
It's 40 F here and rainy.
Yesterday it was the same except colder, 30 something, and the fucking wind would cut through all three layers, jacket, t-shirt and skin; to chill the bones.
Wet cold makes it feel 20 degrees F colder than it is.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
this thread is whiney with a bunch of geriatric fags! :biggrin::biggrin::girl-wacko::smashtard::Buelldozer::stopsign:
Hey whistle dick, I've paid my dues in the extreme cold and have earned the right to bitch about my decrepit and disintegrating body and how the weather effects it.

I suppose you'll show up to your funeral with an unused corpse?

Well, except for your well worn butt hole, maybe. :finger:

OP
OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Hey whistle dick, I've paid my dues in the extreme cold and have earned the right to bitch about my decrepit and disintegrating body and how the weather effects it.

I was born and raised in Dakota Territory and the mountains of Colorado. Lived through many winters where it would get to -30 or more below zero with only a wood stove for heat. Now I've acclimated to oppressive heat and humidity.
Wife showed me an article awhile back stating that the optimum temp in your house for sleeping is 65~68 deg f. Fuck that, I'd be shivering all night!

Wretch

amazingly graceful
A little over 3 and a half years in Alaska.
Many days of working in sub-zero temps and a few nights sleeping out in it.
Granted I was in a shelter of my own making and the candle got it up to right at freezing.
Lots of time out playing in it too.
The first time I experienced negative temps was on Long Island, the snow was deep, coated with ice but, the wind never stopped.

I can stand the cold much better than the heat with humidity.
I was born in Florida though.

As a kid the heat or cold never bothered me that much.
Windows open in summer, sleeping under sheets.
One fan in the house that doubled as a footstool.
The only time we enjoyed air conditioning was either at the bowling alley, the movie theater or the grocery store.

Floor furnace in winter, in the living room, sleeping under quilts, frost on the inside of the windows in the morning.
A few minutes huddled around the floor furnace after first waking up and then getting around for the day.

My thermostat is set to come on if temps dip below 67 F right now.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Serious response, buy a wool union suit from Stanfield Ltd.
Wool will save you from freezing to death.
Especially the socks.
They stay warm even if they get wet.
I've worn layers starting with cotton socks and then wool socks over those and it worked great too.
On days we'd have to wear our Class A uniforms; I'm not ashamed to admit having worn panty hose underneath the slacks.
Made the difference between being comfortable vs shivering like the guys too manly to use what worked.
I didn't shave my legs though so, my legs were pretty ugly to look at in them.
I still have one of the thick wool shirts I was issued that was great with just a t-shirt under it.
Hats/caps/toques/balaclava and sometimes even a face mask are pretty useful too, in the bitter cold.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Merino wool, warm when it's cold, cool when it's not. The medium weight is perfect for temp. range 10-75 *F. Again, Stanfield Ltd.

Snail

Almost forgot, they're machine washable.

Snail

Worn at sea crabbing the North Pacific in Dec., and logging the Pacific Northwest region.

50 years, tried all sorts of alternatives, none compare to Merino wool for comfort and durability.

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
www.youfuckmyleftovers.com

Ive heard all the bitching & compaining of geriatrics my whole life. Id say 95% of it is self inflicted from poor diet and no exercise.
I dont hear Snail complaining much... you cant turn back time but science has proven the more movement the better...even with a poor diet.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Ive heard all the bitching & compaining of geriatrics my whole life. Id say 95% of it is self inflicted from poor diet and no exercise.
I dont hear Snail complaining much... you cant turn back time but science has proven the more movement the better...even with a poor diet.
True enough, true enough.

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
You're a lot like me then.
Temps drop a few degrees and it kills me.
Cold just goes right through to my bones.
I can handle 105* all day long though.
Yep. That's why I moved about as far South as I could get. A perfect day for me is a 90/90... 90 degrees and 9% humidity.

wormser77

BAMF
It's a whopping 20f here, now we need moisture with it.
I love cold, clear days. Makes my lungs happy.

OP
OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

When I lived in cold country, or as it is referred to here as "up north" when it would get up to 50 deg. f in the spring time, I'd be outside with just a tee shirt on enjoying the heat. If I moved there again, I would probably acclimate to the cold again.

Snail

Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey. That expression came from the days of sailing ships and cannon warfare.

The "monkey" was a brass ring they used to stack cannonballs on deck, in a pyramid shape, and when the temp got cold enough the spray would freeze on the cannonballs until the ice would force the cannonballs to fall off the monkey.

You're welcome.

Snail

Necessarily. The 19th century predates the 20th. (Consult a calendar).

Snail

Such disrespect for lore makes me wish it was still legal to flog the crew.

Top Bottom