500m from a “dangerous warehouse”

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE

Lee, 92, is now part of a fast-dwindling group of survivors, known as hibakusha, that feels a growing urgency — desperation even — to tell their stories. These last witnesses to what happened 75 years ago this Thursday want to reach a younger generation that they feel is losing sight of the horror.

Thats a once in a lifetime extreeme sport

Last edited:
  • WTF
Reactions: Red

tinhead

Has never named a pet
If those whiny yellow fukheads had died in the atomic bomb attack, nobody would have given a shit.
Why start now?

RobBase

Flippin Swiss fan of Tay-Tay
Thinhead, don't you mean ".....those whiny, yellow, slant eyed gook, jap, slope, fukheads had died".....

Last edited:

RobBase

Isn't it IRONIC that your relatives, the mighty whitey, nuked the asian minorities, and now you spend
your whole life hating on whitey, wishing you were black?
You gots some serious issues.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Idiot stalkers aren't an issue.
You have to try harder.
Have a nice day at work, and thank the Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King that real Americans will allow someone like you to labor for them. 🇺🇲

RobBase

.........real Americans will allow someone like you to labor for them. 🇺🇲
The crux of your mental defectiveness is plain to see with this statement.
I don't labor for "them."
I labor for my wife, my kids and myself in order to provide them a good life.
Everyone has to labor at something in order to achieve anything worthwhile.
Your lifelong resentment of your own inabilities to succeed and prosper is what makes and keeps you such a bitter loser.

P.S. The key to liberalism is to revel in "loserism." I must say, in that, Thinhead, you have actually succeeded at something. Hooray!

OP
nomad

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
whats the temp 500m from a 18ktons of TNT? is it hotter than Texas?

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
My father had finished clearing Burma and was in India staging to invade Japan when the bombs ended the war.

He never expressed any guilt over the nukes. By then he knew the Japs would fight to the death and commit harry carry rather than surrender.

Snail

Theres a full size replica of the Little Boy, signed by the remaining aviators (2005) at the Wendover, UT airport.

Its not very big.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Wendover is in Massachusetts. That display is an add-on state
trying to piggyback its way to relevance.

Was yoota even a state back then?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Wendover is in Massachusetts. That display is an add-on state
trying to piggyback its way to relevance.

Was yoota even a state back then?
You're probably right, I'm pretty sure there were only 48 states at the time...

...and seeing we have 57 states now, well, it must have been one of those added on later.

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
They're wasting their time

Nukes will never be used again

Everybody is well down the path of cyber-warfare. It's not just the future, it is now and already happening

Way more effective, easier, massive ROI, no mess to clean up and the victor has tangible spoils to collect instead of rubble

We may really be looking at the dismantling of all physical war machines except for the very most primitive back woods bit players

OP
nomad

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE

Everybody is well down the path of cyber-warfare. It's not just the future, it is now and already happening

Way more effective, easier, massive ROI, no mess to clean up and the victor has tangible spoils to collect instead of rubble

We may really be looking at the dismantling of all physical war machines except for the very most primitive back woods bit players
Thats assuming that the person at the top is rational. History shows us that is often not the case

Snail

Tinhead my friend, the crew trained and flew the Enola Gay at Wendover, UTAH.

The trained fighter pilots there too.

They flew from Utah to Guam where they did some work on the plsne and i thinl thats where they launched from to bomb Japan.

Snail

And furthermore. I got to touch the replica. I seriously doubt Massachusetts has the original.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Thats assuming that the person at the top is rational. History shows us that is often not the case
The nuclear weapons era MAD (mutually assured destruction) doctrine can only work with rational people at the top

Both have kept us alive so far

And greed trumps the irrational, that's why I wrote 'the victor has tangible spoils to collect instead of rubble'

When STUXNET was unleashed, there wasn't a single general that realized the entire Iranian nuclear weapons program was disabled not by invasion or bunker busting bombs, but by a single thumb drive

The STUXNET development return-on-investment was staggering

Another reason why I think the era of physical warfare is coming to an end is AI

The coming machines won't allow it. Not because they'll be programmed with empathy or fail safe mechanisms, but because they will harvest us all

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Harvesting is already underway.

Boots on the ground are what win conflicts of domination and occupation.
There has to be someone there holding ground or else it belongs to whomever is there.

Granted, it would have to be taken and held with total war mindset.

It's all a moot point though as everything is temporary and subject to change...

...either by act of mankind or nature.

We'll see that to be true once the asteroid gets here...

...well, the ones not killed to death outright but, they'll also witness our reptilian overlords emerging from volcanoes to feast upon the survivors living flesh...

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF

How high over a city does a 5kt nuclear airburst have to be to EMP all the electronics in the city back to paperweights?

Asking for a friend...

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Boots on the ground are what win conflicts of domination and occupation.
There has to be someone there holding ground or else it belongs to whomever is there.
Nope, not in the new world

Just like bank heists have moved to the cyber world. Instead of holding up a bank or cracking open a safe, any criminal worth her salt knows it's way easier to plant ransomeware and extort money

Can't beat the scale either. From the comfort of your keyboard, you could hit 100's of institutions in a day

Or take down a nation's communication network, power grid, supply chain and starve'em out without a single shot being fired

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
How high over a city does a 5kt nuclear airburst have to be to EMP all the electronics in the city back to paperweights?

Asking for a friend...
Crude and the desired effect is short-lived

Stop watching Ocean's 11, Hollywood is not real life

What I'm talking about is happening now

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Nope, not in the new world

Just like bank heists have moved to the cyber world. Instead of holding up a bank or cracking open a safe, any criminal worth her salt knows it's way easier to plant ransomeware and extort money

Can't beat the scale either. From the comfort of your keyboard, you could hit 100's of institutions in a day

Or take down a nation's communication network, power grid, supply chain and starve'em out without a single shot being fired
If you want something in my house or the property it sits on, you'll need to show up in person.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
If you want something in my house or the property it sits on, you'll need to show up in person.
Nobody wants your junk. The most valuable asset you own is in cyber-space, including your money, social security #, health records, etc. It's why they say data is the new gold

Snail

Pretty hard to steal real estate with a computer.

OP
nomad

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE

Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab said it came from a “dangerous warehouse that has been there since 2014.”

and you thought terrorists were dangerous....

• WTF

Snail

Fever, DAMN!!! Thanks, I didn't know that. The only property theft efforts I have had to deal with are via encroachments.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Fever, DAMN!!! Thanks, I didn't know that. The only property theft efforts I have had to deal with are via encroachments.
The 90's in particular were notorious for people having their properties sold out from underneath them without their knowledge

Real clusterfuck

Usually the bank makes the real owners whole. But not always

At the end of the day, whether it's stocks, bonds, gold, land...anything rooted in an electronic record is a cyber vector

OP
nomad

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
One governor estimated that more than a quarter million were left homeless,

arms experts said that the official story sounded correct. “Storing 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate in a hot warehouse in the middle of a port city is not an ‘attack’—it is tragic incompetence,” Daryl Kimball, the executive director of the Arms Control Association, told me. “As if the Lebanese people needed more evidence of the abysmally low performance of their successive governments,” Jeffrey Feltman, a the former U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon and former U.N. Undersecretary-General for political affairs, told me.

OP
nomad

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
windows shot into eyeballs in the largest mass blinding in history; oil rained in the plum black sky; within 10 seconds a sugary refinery was ablaze, and 20,000 people were homeless, others with limbs dangling by threads of skin in injuries causing Robert Borden, soon to be re-elected prime minister,* to visit the hospital and cry.

A piano fell through a floor; a bank vault slammed and locked a man inside to die, and as reported by Grattan O’Leary in the aftermath, “some of the smaller homes not only collapsed, they were simply blown away, and three miles of desert were created in the twinkling of an eye.”

A tsunami followed. The blast propelled an eight-foot wave at the peninsula. If it didn’t eliminate the remaining structures, the next day brought a blizzard.

Remnants were preserved in non-arboreal forms, such as one Lottie Duggan who removed pieces of glass and wood from her face and neck for the remainder of her life, according to Curse of the Narrows by Laura Mac Donald. “It would start as a bump or a black spot,” writes Mac Donald, “and slowly work its way to the surface until it expelled itself.”

The crew were asked to load some heavy road equipment and take it to Jordan’s Port of Aqaba before resuming their journey onto Africa, where the ammonium nitrate was to be delivered to an explosives manufacturer.

The scene of Lawrence of Arabia major victory. Ironic

Last edited:
  • Red
OP
nomad

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
The pressure wave would be much faster because the energy release from a uncontrolled nuclear chain reaction is much faster than the energy release from a chemical explosion,

ammonium nitrate loses its useful properties in six months.

So then what do ya do with it?

Last edited:

hedgehog

BAMF
Before I came to Spain I was working at a factory that produced and used chemicals of some which were a bit dodgy.

About a year before I left, my boss had a chemical storehouse built outside our department about 100meters away from the door.

I watched it being built ( concrete block walls with an insulated metal roof) and when they had finished I went and had a snoop around.......then went and spoke to my boss.

I asked him about when the blast banks were being put up around the walls, to which he replied “what?.....why?”

He didn’t have much of a clue as to what the around 600kgs of nitrocellulose he had stored in there could do if it went up.

The blast banking was up within a week.

😉

Top Bottom