[411] New board info - & complaint thread - & broken stuff thread & test & fixes thread.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
New board.
Critical issues will be posted right here.

Email *seems* to be working now.
If you do have issues with board email then please email us directly at labusasorg@gmail.com.

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I was trying to sign in when it first went live and could not recall the password so, I clicked to change it and never got an email response.

As it was, my browser finally decided to remember my password and logged me in.

I'd still like to change my password but, will wait until I get a bit more familiar with the new software as well as for the issues to be worked out on that end.

BilletMan

Makes Chips and Rapid Conversaion
Hey CZ, here's one more little problem. It took me days of clicking on the old "bookmark" button, only to get the
"Oops! We ran into some problems."

This is where the old bookmark button took me: http://www.labusas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?9-Bike-Talk

Perhaps go to the "oops" page and edit it with a message and link to the new site. It took me some poking around to find the new place. There may be others who keep clicking on the old link, thinking it's still down.

Thanks for your hard work, bro!!

Website
passionofthechrist.com
Hey CZ, here's one more little problem. It took me days of clicking on the old "bookmark" button, only to get the

This is where the old bookmark button took me: http://www.labusas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?9-Bike-Talk

Perhaps go to the "oops" page and edit it with a message and link to the new site. It took me some poking around to find the new place. There may be others who keep clicking on the old link, thinking it's still down.

yes... He could do that... or You could just press the Forums tab once there... easy peasy

BilletMan

Sometimes it's OK just to STFU....in your case most times.....ssshhhhh, go sit in the corner....

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

is it working yet? Asking for a friend ( Master-Cylinder Master-Cylinder )
No dude, it turns out it's not as simple as clicking "send". :eyepopping1a:
Dameon & Fever are trying to get me pointed in the right direction.
It's hard telling someone who knows nothing about this stuff, how to do stuff.
:smashtard:

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Gracias, Man. We need to know all the broken stuff.
I was looking at this issue yesterday but ran out of time to learn how to fixit.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
It seems we can live with what we have, the easy posting pics is great. If you just "fix" one thing a month from here it'll be great.

Austin_F

BAMF+
id like to see links stay as links, rather than the board software changing it to the web page title. otherwise it looks like regular text and no one knows its clickable, it's even the same color as the rest of the text

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

id like to see links stay as links, rather than the board software changing it to the web page title. otherwise it looks like regular text and no one knows its clickable, it's even the same color as the rest of the text
IDK about the text-vs-URL part but what color would you suggest to indicate something is clickable?

Fever500

BAMF
The red used in the quotes and some other linked items is very hard to read against the brown/grey. I would darken it up or use another color altogether ...

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
When trying to post a pic from my phone .. it only gives me some of my photos ..and even if I pic on of those the file is too large for server to process message appears

Ed

Since there's a wish list started- my 2¢ is having a "go to last post" button again, with or without the current go-to-new function.

Austin_F

BAMF+
IDK about the text-vs-URL part but what color would you suggest to indicate something is clickable?
Red would be nice.

Oddly enough in my Ct scan thread, I tried to manually change the color of the link and it doesn't work.

Finally I underlined it. But it was nice on the old board since anything that started with http:// was almost always a link even to people like brad¢o.

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
www.youfuckmyleftovers.com

This is exactly why I didn't grace you fuckers with my presence for the past several days. Not well thought out to begin with, then nothing changed even after BilletMan pointed out the error in your ways.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

This is exactly why I didn't grace you fuckers with my presence for the past several days. Not well thought out to begin with, then nothing changed even after BilletMan pointed out the error in your ways.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Hey fucker, you're welcome to fix it if you've got the know-how. :lol:
I already imported the fucking hack to do the re-direct but the flipping thing ain't working.
Still waiting on the Xen people to help out.
Had one dude offer to fix it but he wants $.
It'll get fixed as soon as I figure out how, but I already have hundreds of hours invested in this ordeal.
And only so much spare time to go around. :up:
Email and redirect fuxes are the two highest priorities right now.

On the bright side, the board mostly works.
Mostly looks good.
And is 1000x more secure than the old board.
No more "virus" AFAIK.
About ready to turn Tapatalk back on too.

One of ya'll needs to buy me some hookers for my services.

You can't change the message from "Ooops…" to a link to the new site address?
I'll pitch in a little bit for a hooker for you, but I'm gonna need some help from the other members. Otherwise, you're gonna have a $5 hooker!

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

So the usual, then?

Yeah, there is no quick fix.
It's also when you Google labs and all pages come up like this.
Well, it should be a quick fix but it's not working out that way yet.

busa10

BAMF
Yep, I'd like to see the "Oops" message replaced by a link to here. We're missing people and they'll give up looking

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Just fixed the audio download on www.labusas.oRg where it would download the free.wav instead of auto-playing it. Which it always did in my test environment.
All I had to do was convert the .wav to .mp3 and upload the file, edit the page container to reflect the change and voila it works.
I'm not happy with the .mp3 file though. It sounds a little different. So if anyone finds a real nice sounding .mp3 please link me!
The current .mp3 file size is 143kb but sounds "electronic".

EDIT: I was able to upload a higher quality MP3 that sounds identical to the old WAV file. :up:

Last edited:

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
If we had CLI access, this could be easily done. I didn't think there were enough morons (no offense) that determine a site is down by a bookmark to a specific URL to warrant the effort of making it transparent.

Billy V

BAMF
The red used in the quotes and some other linked items is very hard to read against the brown/grey. I would darken it up or use another color altogether ...
How about Black?

I like the old board much better..
just saying.
------
Is there a way to Not See everyones Avatar??

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Holy shit, I was able to fix the "cannot be found" thing.
It was hiding under "English Phrases" in settings.
So now it directs you to go to labusas.org and click on "forum".

BilletMan

I'll pitch in a little bit for a hooker for you, but I'm gonna need some help from the other members. Otherwise, you're gonna have a $5 hooker!
BAM!!

If we had CLI access, this could be easily done. I didn't think there were enough morons (no offense) that determine a site is down by a bookmark to a specific URL to warrant the effort of making it transparent.
...and I thought arrogant know-it-all fuckheads like yourself (no offense) were capable of a more seamless transition.

BilletMan

Yeah, I'm a fucking moron....apparently, VC is also a moron....:mad::mad::mad:

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Don't blame Dameon for my faults.
He's dug me out of a couple holes for you aholes already. :fu:
:)

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

At some point i need to look into why :up: and :fu: and :) aren't working for me.
I know how to do it I just need to do it.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
Get an Uber and a hooker and forget about this place for a week.
You've earned it! :peppermintpatty:

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
Motherfucker!

hagrid back up in this shit in spite of shenanigans. Big shout out to _schiavo that acted on my behalf.

As per usual, LS and Mr. Puke can suck black dick as is their lot in life.

:mad:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Motherfucker!

hagrid back up in this shit in spite of shenanigans. Big shout out to _schiavo that acted on my behalf.

As per usual, LS and Mr. Puke can suck black dick as is their lot in life.

:mad:
No, no!
Mr. Lucky likes spotted dick but, I understand blood sausage will calm his ire too.

As long as the pellets come out oily enough to be pounded.

Fever500

BAMF
Just place some 301 redirects in the htaccess ... I mentioned this before the transition.

Top Bottom