3 days before Americans return to space on an American launch vehicle since...like waaaay too long

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Their spacesuits look gay. There is also a very good chance of a weather delay.
The only good thing is that it is an instant launch window, no fucking around for hours.

This is a cut and paste info on Chinese rocket advancement

After the U.S. Space Shuttle Challenger was destroyed in 1986, a growing commercial backlog gave China the chance to enter the international launch market. In September 1988, U.S. President Ronald Reagan agreed to allow U.S satellites to be launched on Chinese rockets.[1] AsiaSat 1, which had originally been launched by the Space Shuttle and retrieved by another Space Shuttle after a failure, was launched by the Long March 3 in 1990 as the first foreign payload on a Chinese rocket.

However, major setbacks occurred in 1992–1996. The Long March 2E was designed with a defective payload fairing, which collapsed when faced with the rocket's excessive vibration. After just seven launches, the Long March 2E destroyed the Optus B2 and Apstar 2satellites and damaged AsiaSat 2.[2][3] The Long March 3B also experienced a catastrophic failure in 1996, veering off course shortly after liftoff and crashing into a nearby village. At least 6 people were killed on the ground, and the Intelsat 708 satellite was also destroyed.[4] A Long March 3 also experienced a partial failure in August 1996 during the launch of Chinasat-7.

The reason I'm posting this is that I know the engineers who helped the Chinese make their rockets more accurate at launch and orbit. The reason why the Chinese got good with their rocket and space and satellite program is that some US companies showed them how and why their rockets where failing.

Many reason for Chinese failure is the proper use of their Gyroscope guidance system which the American companies showed them how to improve it.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
The Demo-2 test flight, scheduled to launch at 4:33 p.m. ET on May 27, marks the first time in nearly a decade that a crewed journey into space will lift off from a launch pad in the United States—and the first time a private spaceflight company has used its own rocket and spacecraft design to fling humans into orbit.

Here is the link to watch it live:

CZLoco

In other news Branson's Virgin Orbit rocket was a spectacular failure

Can anyone tell me the gender of this spokesperson?

Geez she's a well paid, very smart young Lady.
That nose is very red.
I wonder where it's been lately.

Master-Cylinder

Didja see the Tesla the new Space Men drove to the pad in? It has four gull wing doors.
License plate read ISSBND. One of the Space Men way at the top of the gantry looking out at the Cape, he's probably thinking "fuck, lets get on with it, I hope I survive this"
Weather is a bit iffy today.

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Didja see the Tesla the new Space Men drove to the pad in? It has four gull wing doors.
I missed anything with 4 gullwing doors... been drinking?

CZLoco

I missed anything with 4 gullwing doors... been drinking?

They just briefly showed the gull wing action on the live feed.

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
Wonder the costs incurred....?

Standing down from launch today due to unfavorable weather in the flight path. Our next launch opportunity is Saturday, May 30 at 3:22 p.m. EDT, or 19:22 UTC

Master-Cylinder

There's a fair amount of loss transferring the fuel back and forth. Costly attempt for sure.

The weather didn't look that bad. :confused2:

Better safe than sorry though...
They monitor the weather down range, hundreds, if not thousands of mile down range, in case they have to bail.

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Thank god for PayPal... If that stupid piece of shit money laundering operation hadn't occured, we wouldn't have such wonderful advancements in space...

It's too bad our govt would rather outsource tech than develop it...
Military industrial complex... Cost lots of money.

No room for real social programs for people that deserve it... Like tax payers... You know people that pay in and contribute to society...

But hey the Navy can shoot drones out of the air with frikkin laser beans...

So there's that... Because our finger on the end of a nuke button ain't no deterrence ... We gots to have contracts that we gots to pay,

The space funding is a joke... Just like the waste of govt military spending...

I'll never forget where musk or his new hair came from...

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
He cashed that out in 2002, were you even born yet?

You're coming off a little jelly there Squid. Don't be a hater, he just has an enormous I.Q. and knows how to use it for good.

Musk is leading us back into space. Maybe to Mars.

Not jelly as much pissed... Have you ever gone through the trouble of PayPal or their bitch ebay... I was buying and selling on eBay at that time...

He made a killing... And for what? Taking my payment?

Programmers and bankers ... Puke

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
He cashed that out in 2002, were you even born yet?

You're coming off a little jelly there Squid. Don't be a hater, he just has an enormous I.Q. and knows how to use it for good.

Musk is leading us back into space. Maybe to Mars.
Musky is an enigma to me

I'm not feeling 'enormous I.Q.' from him in the academic sense

I get the feeling he has enormous street smarts and that's what's gotten him to where he is today

Top Bottom