2022 Yamaha MT-10 revealed with extreme looks and performance….

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Interestingly, an Acoustic Amplifier Grille system that includes speakers positioned on either side of the fuel tank blasts the engine's uneven firing soundtrack right at the rider.

Interestingly, an Acoustic Amplifier Grille system that includes speakers positioned on either side of the fuel tank blasts the engine's uneven firing soundtrack right at the rider.
I've seen that on cars, but never on a motorcycle.
My Honda Si has it, and I disabled it to see what it sounded like au naturale.
Then later ended up plugging in back in. It makes it easier to rev match and still be stealth with stock exhaust.

Ninjaman12R

Joe Rogan, I smoke rocks....🖕
I don't necessarily "dig" the looks of my '17 model, but it has grown on me a little. But few bikes these days really catch my eye. What it is though is fun with a capital F, sounds great with aftermarket exhaust, and the ECU flash wakes it up pretty good.

Summary: I love the ugly bitch....😀

C. Dolan

BAMF+
I don't necessarily "dig" the looks of my '17 model, but it has grown on me a little. But few bikes these days really catch my eye. What it is though is fun with a capital F, sounds great with aftermarket exhaust, and the ECU flash wakes it up pretty good.

Summary: I love the ugly bitch....😀
The SP will be a gem with that suspension under it, graves header and a proper flash is all she'll need.
Mine went from 153 mph to 159 mph with the ECU flash and that was 200 rpm over redline.

I went 1 tooth larger on the front sprocket which could get it well into the 160' s.

Haven't tried it , yet.

OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff

C. Dolan

BAMF+
Speaking of aerodynamics :biggrin1a:
Moto Guzzi’s V100 Mandello Is the First Production Bike With Active Aerodynamics, HUH?
“features slight shape-shifting capabilities owed to wind deflectors”
The green and silver ( 100th aniv colors ) is the higher spec version with Ohlins , etc.
The base model is red.
I have the grn / sil. version on order , but it may be a while.
Some media had said Feb 2022 while my dealer thinks it's more like the end of 2022.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
The Guzzi oozes refined speed, almost like an XKE Jaguar of bikes.
I think the next trend will be ditching that ugly plate and light doodad. MotoGP bikes have a salad box back there, may hold a mass damper may hold electronics. Put a lookalike on road bikes and bring back underseat storage.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I had an ancient Yamaha TR2B, it had a oil tank in the seat for the auto lube. The auto lube system was pretty much a failure, so they all got premix. The Aprilia RS250 street bike auto lube system has some sort of whirly thing or something that allowed it to keep pumping a good bit of oil into the engine when you chopped the throttle.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
The Guzzi oozes refined speed, almost like an XKE Jaguar of bikes.
A statement like that makes me think you've never ridden a Guzzi. :lol: Maybe the new engine will be better....

Refined speed in the realm of an XKE would be a Laverda 1200 TS Mirage...like a KZ1000 that actually handled and had real brakes on it. Triple!

chandler

BAMF
I had been an Italian twin guy for years. I wasn't looking for another bike but a dealer that was going out of business almost gave it to me. It handled great but I didn't trust the engine. After terrorizing the mountains for the summer, I sold it and actually made a few dollars on it. I got lucky.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Speaking of Italian twins. I still have a 1976 Guzzi 850T3 that I bought NEW in 1978. For five years it was my only transportation.
View attachment 84486
I had one of those for a couple years. I bought it with a roached clutch. As I was replacing the clutch (major operation), I pulled the flywheel off and gave it to my primary machinist. He cut it down from 20 to 12 lbs for me. The bike actually ran smoother and shifted better. It definitely revved better. I was using it for a daily driver before I sold it. If I kept it, I would have junked the VHB carbs on it and installed a 36mm set of PHFs.

Putting new clutch in involves taking the frame loose and lifting it, and pulling the trans and driveshaft/swingarm.

Last edited:

chandler

BAMF
That's a T not a T3. I know same difference. 😁. The good thing about the 30mm square slides is I got 55mpg on the road and it has 6.6 gallon tank!

chandler

BAMF
Yes, I had my head up my ass when I saw the drum brake and still called it a T. I rode a lot with a guy that had a 750 Sport with the four shoe front brake. Those and the Lemans were just too uncomfortable for me to have as a daily rider. I thought/think those 'big block' MGs were great bikes in their day. I was part of the cult.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Looking at this one in Ohio.
View attachment 84519
While I applauded Guzzi's desire to upgrade the big block line with a new frame and fresh styling in the late '90s, I never warmed up to the Centauro. It was the first bike to use the plated frame. It put Guzzi into mild financial distress afterward, and Aprilia stepped in and bought them from the DeTomaso group. The plated frame is still around, and they finally ceased production of the big block Tonti frame in 2012 or so...the frame that first showed up on Guzzis in '72 on the 750 Sport. A 40 year run for a frame is a pretty good run nowadays.
I still think buying Guzzi put Aprilia into tight financial straits, and that's why Piaggio stepped in and bought THEM a few years later.

It's all good, they're all still around...

Last edited:
Top Bottom