2022 Toyota Tundra

I'll give it a year to let things die down a bit, when I can get a legit deal on one I'll pull the trigger.

XR650RGUY

BAMF
Looks like it missed leg day.
I think some bigger meats will get those proportions sorted out.

They better have given it enough gear to spin the larger rubber...

rumble phish

BAMF+
New trucks are fucking ugly, with the exception of the new Ram's.

Hopefully Toyota didn't blow their wad on just bold new styling ques and finally gave the Tundra 4-wheeel disc brakes! They've been letting the Tundra wallow in the shallow end of the performance pool for quite sometime. Hopefully they've actually brought some real performance to the table, as ugly as it is.

Vegas12

BAMF+

Hopefully Toyota didn't blow their wad on just bold new styling ques and finally gave the Tundra 4-wheeel disc brakes! They've been letting the Tundra wallow in the shallow end of the performance pool for quite sometime. Hopefully they've actually brought some real performance to the table, as ugly as it is.

Tundra has had 4 wheel disc brakes since '07....when the Gen II came out. The front rotors and 4 piston calipers were also the largest in the class....bigger than the 3/4 tons of that era.

What's sad is that the Gen II was the top dog in '07 with the 380 hp/400 torque 5.7L....the only thing close was GM's 6.2L, but it was only available in the Denali at that time.

Yes, they absolutely let that drive train get old, but Ford didn't have anything close for another 4 years and I don't recall when GM made their top drive train available across the board.

XR650RGUY

BAMF

The Tundra has had 4 wheel disc brakes since 2007. 13.9" in the front and 13.6" in the rear with a drum style parking brake. Maybe you're referring to the parking brake. I've had one for 12 years and it's given me no problems even with the many "sweet jumps" it has endured.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Tundra has had 4 wheel disc brakes since '07....when the Gen II came out. The front rotors and 4 piston calipers were also the largest in the class....bigger than the 3/4 tons of that era.

What's sad is that the Gen II was the top dog in '07 with the 380 hp/400 torque 5.7L....the only thing close was GM's 6.2L, but it was only available in the Denali at that time.

Yes, they absolutely let that drive train get old, but Ford didn't have anything close for another 4 years and I don't recall when GM made their top drive train available across the board.
The Tundra has had 4 wheel disc brakes since 2007. 13.9" in the front and 13.6" in the rear with a drum style parking brake. Maybe you're referring to the parking brake. I've had one for 12 years and it's given me no problems even with the many "sweet jumps" it has endured.

Well, I stand corrected then. Still, like Vegas said, the Tundra drive train has really been stagnant for quite some time. Honestly, I prefer the styling when the Tundra was slightly smaller.

VFR Rider

BAMF
Have owned two Toyota trucks. I don't do any heavy hauling and don't care about dick measuring over horsepower or performance. Just need a truck for odd jobs and want something that will last as long as possible while being reliable, and cost very little in the way of repairs and maintenance. For that they are hard to beat.

The suspension builders are getting them for test and fitment next month so shouldn’t be long before you start seeing photos of them sitting on 35’s

gsteve

BAMF+
Everyone I've known that has owned one loves the truck but hates the gas mileage. Maybe it's their driving habits but most say they get 12-13 mpg in the city.
they are brutal , put some decent sized tires on and its awful. My buddy has a nicely done up one and it got way worse mpg than my 6.2 raptor , which is saying something

11.5mpg average is what I've always gotten, combine that with only running 93 and you got a real problem.

I dont expect the new motor to be drastically better, just using Ford's 3.5EB as a comparison, but I figure if you stay out of the boost you may stretch it to 20mpg highway and 17-18 in town. The same motor is in the new (not for US) landcruiser and I dont think they released fuel economy estimates for it yet.

Ghoti

BAMF
I still have my 2001 Tundra. 300k miles and hasn't skipped a beat nor had any major repairs. I never treated it nicely, either. I recently added a Sequoia with the 5.7 and a supercharger... I don't see any reason it won't last just as long.

Mr Lucky

The Voice Of Reason...
I get 53mpg in my Volvo but then again, it is much better than any shitty pick-up that all you gheys drive.

You know why they call them 'pick-ups'?

Coz y'all use them to pick up men.

You know why they call the extended cabin a 'crew cab'?

Coz y'all blow groups of men in hard hats in the back is why.

You're a bunch of gheymofaguals... :fu:

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
I get 53mpg in my Volvo but then again, it is much better than any shitty pick-up that all you gheys drive.

You know why they call them 'pick-ups'?

Coz y'all use them to pick up men.

You know why they call the extended cabin a 'crew cab'?

Coz y'all blow groups of men in hard hats in the back is why.

You're a bunch of gheymofaguals... :fu:
Good to hear that you are proud 🏳️‍🌈 of your vulva! :biggrin1a:

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
I dont expect the new motor to be drastically better, just using Ford's 3.5EB as a comparison, but I figure if you stay out of the boost you may stretch it to 20mpg highway and 17-18 in town. The same motor is in the new (not for US) landcruiser and I dont think they released fuel economy estimates for it yet.
My non-Raptor 3.5EB F150 would be in the low 20's if I could keep it 75 or less. Raptor I don't know, maybe 19?

Mr Lucky

The Voice Of Reason...
I'm sure it is. I am perfectly ok with you flag waving and sucking cocks in your prick up. You crack on there... :up:

LuxPride

BAMF
I think it'll look much better with a lift and some tires. The 4runner has the same grill design. We ran a Tundra through a two-year ride and drive program and it was still as solid as it was the day we got it. Considering we had over 100 people a day get in and out, left it running for 10 hours at a time, and treated it like shit. You'd never know a bunch of fat Okie's among other unsavory types sweat all over the thing in the summer, zero seat wear or mechanical issues of any kind.

Things people forget, the 5.7 I force will go down as one of the great benchmark motors in automotive history, not just for the reliability.
It’s a 32 valve, all aluminum, DOHC, variable valve timing masterpiece, no other manufacturer has or would ever go with a configuration like that for a truck motor, but Toyota made it work brilliantly, even now, with the 3.5EB being the power leader, with equal tire size, it still gets swallowed by the tundra after 60mph, while through VVT and 4:30 gearing gives up very little down low. The 6spd is not glamorous but it’s bombproof and shifts perfectly. Yes it’s time to turn the page to the twin turbo V6 era but give the 5.7 it’s due.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Things people forget, the 5.7 I force will go down as one of the great benchmark motors in automotive history, not just for the reliability.
It’s a 32 valve, all aluminum, DOHC, variable valve timing masterpiece, no other manufacturer has or would ever go with a configuration like that for a truck motor, but Toyota made it work brilliantly, even now, with the 3.5EB being the power leader, with equal tire size, it still gets swallowed by the tundra after 60mph, while through VVT and 4:30 gearing gives up very little down low. The 6spd is not glamorous but it’s bombproof and shifts perfectly. Yes it’s time to turn the page to the twin turbo V6 era but give the 5.7 it’s due.
Agree the Toy set the standard in '07, and still has respectable numbers, but I think you're mistaken if you think it can "swallow" an ecoboost anywhere above or below 60...

Appreciated my 5.7L Tundra, am amazed at my son's 3.5EB.....there is no comparison power wise.

One thing Toy did, which was probably smart on their part but frustrating to owners, was their ECM was locked....even the TRD supercharger left a lot on the table with its canned tune.....I'm certain it cut down on lots of warranty claims.

I regularly rent expeditions with the 3.5EB and have driven several F150's with it, as well as the 2.7EB which to me actually feels a little snappier, they are really happiest in the lower end of the tacho, whereas the tundra doesnt start to really boil until 5k, once there, I always reel them in. My truck is breathing a little better than stock with the exhaust I had done which got rid of the cat and stock muffler.

Vegas12

BAMF+
🤷‍♂️

There's been two power increases for the EB since.....(the top version only available in the Raptor and Limited)

One thing I wish Ford would figure out is the Tundra's awesome sliding rear window....

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
The Toyota Bodine Engine Plant here in Jackson, TN just changed it's name to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Tennessee. (TMMTN)

I think Toyota bought out the Bodine half. They said it makes the engines for all the Toyota factories in the U.S....I think the forge that makes the basic blocks is up in IL.

Top Bottom