2022 Busa ECU Hacked

Bandit Man

BAMF
Looks like that guy down south has worked out a ECU hack on the new Busa.

I suffered through the video to see if hes just click baiting, It seems he did get in and was able to change a few things.

He says there was not much power to be had but was surprised there was no throttle plate restrictions like on some of the liter bikes, He smoothed out a couple spots, Picked up a few horsepower and was able to give the squid crowd a tune with pops and crackles. My hate for loud shit has that last little bit lost on me.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench

02SE

BAMF
So,,, like every other bike, it can be modified for more power.

Suzuki has stated that the emphasis was on strengthening the internals, and improving engine durability. With an eye to building a better platform for those that will modify them. The biggest factor was getting it to pass Euro 5 emissions standards. It's not like it's slow in stock form. My stock 3rd gen IS the slowest of my bikes, but the others are modified.

Roll-ons with my cousin on his stock ZX-14R are basically even. The low-end and midrange on the 'Busa might even be stronger, but the 14 has more power from 8k up. I prefer the feel of the 'Busa, as it feels like a bigger 1000cc sportbike, while the ZX-14R feels more like a Concours.

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
Suzuki has stated that the emphasis was on strengthening the internals, and improving engine durability.
Roll-ons with my cousin on his stock ZX-14R are basically even. The low-end and midrange on the 'Busa might even be stronger, but the 14 has more power from 8k up.
I wasn't aware of any durability problems.

Is your cousin as big as you are?

02SE

BAMF
I've never had any durability issues with my big-bore, stroker 1st gen, but I addressed the issues I knew about when it was built. (oiling, starter, head studs, etc.)

My cousin is about 50 lbs lighter.

02SE

BAMF
I'd say in a roll-on from low RPM, yes. The 14 does have a HP advantage when stock above 8k rpm. It's also possible I'm a bit more aggressive rider. I've raced dirtbikes and in a roadracing series, whereas my cousin has never raced.

On the street it's close between the two. They're both restricted for top speed in stock form. I haven't seen an instrumented test comparing the two in stock form with a skilled, unbiased rider riding both.

To me the 'Busa just feels like a sportbike, where the 14R feels more like a sport-tourer. The 'Busa is much easier to work on because of it's chassis design, and if I ever want to go for big power, the better engine architecture to build.

kratz74

BAM
So,,, like every other bike, it can be modified for more power.

Suzuki has stated that the emphasis was on strengthening the internals, and improving engine durability. With an eye to building a better platform for those that will modify them. The biggest factor was getting it to pass Euro 5 emissions standards. It's not like it's slow in stock form. My stock 3rd gen IS the slowest of my bikes, but the others are modified.

Roll-ons with my cousin on his stock ZX-14R are basically even. The low-end and midrange on the 'Busa might even be stronger, but the 14 has more power from 8k up. I prefer the feel of the 'Busa, as it feels like a bigger 1000cc sportbike, while the ZX-14R feels more like a Concours.
Agreed. My 22 busa pulls hard low and mid range. Rarely get her above 8k review m. Don’t need to. The Moore mafia time added around 8-9 hp up top BUT the gains were throughout the rpm range.

I will wait till fall and may do it.

kratz74

BAM
I'd say in a roll-on from low RPM, yes. The 14 does have a HP advantage when stock above 8k rpm. It's also possible I'm a bit more aggressive rider. I've raced dirtbikes and in a roadracing series, whereas my cousin has never raced.

On the street it's close between the two. They're both restricted for top speed in stock form. I haven't seen an instrumented test comparing the two in stock form with a skilled, unbiased rider riding both.

To me the 'Busa just feels like a sportbike, where the 14R feels more like a sport-tourer. The 'Busa is much easier to work on because of it's chassis design, and if I ever want to go for big power, the better engine architecture to build.
the busa is more flickable than the 14. Smoother airflow for me too. Plus the Nannie’s are worth a lot of $ to me.

02SE

BAMF
Great, now get an ecu flash to take the bike from really slow to just slow!
The fastest sit-on bike I know of, is a 'Busa that did just under 312 mph. If we're talking 'Busa powered, AFAIK that's the Ack Attack streamliner at 394+ mph. 9/10ths? the 'Busas still seem to be the bikes to beat. It does pretty well in various dragracing classes.

The bottom line is that it still seems to be the best platform to build for flat-out speed on a bike.

The best bike for roadracing? of course not.

Top Bottom