2021 Ford Bronco Reveal

OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
And bonus pic from dog walk today.
Ghost got to meet some buzzards (three).
Two were perched where you see this one taking off.
They both made a weird hissing sound and flew to the roof next door to this ditch.

zxfan

BAM
Looks nice.
Have to see how all those electronics hold up to real world abuse.

Stetson

BAMF
I'm interested to see why the best one is worth 108% more than the base one. Quite a spread if they're all 4wd standard.

Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't dumb down and pussify this thing....like the new Blazer, which looks identical to a Rav4.

I'm interested to see why the best one is worth 108% more than the base one. Quite a spread if they're all 4wd standard.
I was wondering the same exact thing:

Essentially, nicer interior, beefier exterior and some fancy electronic doodads (electronic sway bar disconnect, the front/rear diff lockers). Whether it's worth the $30K...who knows.

I'd rather take the base model and have a shop install offroading goodies and still have money left over to have a nice lunch.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF

The new one is not roomy like yours..

I can't see why no manufacturer Specially jeep does not make a front winch as optinal factory equipment on a 4x4 vehicle.

I'll test drive one is I can find one of the limited models..

Looks like they are on to something if it can be a decent highway traveler to get to different places around the country. . or if its going to have to be trailered to the areas you want to play in.

It does have to grow on me looks wise as its busa ugly at first glance.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Did someone say you can get a manual trans in the new Walter Mitty Bronco? The farthest most of those will go off road is thru the Starbucks drive thru.

And how can Ford sanction them to be driven without doors? Yamaha had to recall all their side by sides to have doors fitted on them after someone sued the shit out of them after a crash.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Did someone say you can get a manual trans in the new Walter Mitty Bronco? The farthest most of those will go off road is thru the Starbucks drive thru.

And how can Ford sanction them to be driven without doors? Yamaha had to recall all their side by sides to have doors fitted on them after someone sued the shit out of them after a crash.

Dead on correct..

My neighbor 47 yesr old divorced mom of two who thinks she drives a "truck" (2005 Pathfinder) wants one already.. sent me three texts this morning on different Ford bronco articles and ask which one should she get.. Told her to but the base model as the only place she will ever take her "truck" is the snow covered parking lot of her job.

Looked it over on the Ford site. Looks like a pretty neat inexpensive 4wd! Wish it had a little more HP though.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Dead on correct..

My neighbor 47 yesr old divorced mom of two who thinks she drives a "truck" (2005 Pathfinder) wants one already.. sent me three texts this morning on different Ford bronco articles and ask which one should she get.. Told her to but the base model as the only place she will ever take her "truck" is the snow covered parking lot of her job.
Those people love to call their SUV's a truck. A truck to me has an open cargo bed of at least six feet or more.

Dead on correct..

She say anything about me ?

Stetson

BAMF
Those people love to call their SUV's a truck. A truck to me has an open cargo bed of at least six feet or more.
A friend of mind has a couple year old 4x4 Ford Explorer. If you didn't get 4x4, the explorer is basically a tall, front wheel drive Taurus. He always calls it his "truck" and it drives me nuts. City guy, Boston. :roll: :razz:

DUCHUNTER

"I am Jacks _______"
Good! I like it, especially that they've listened to what buyers want including a 2 door model. Wranglers have had it "too easy" for far too long, let the competition begin.
Exactly....
Price point on the Bronco will destroy Wrangler sales.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
400 or so(to the ground) with ease with nothing more than plug in tunes these days. roughly 100 more than stock.

think the most without tearing into the engine (just upgraded turbos/intake) is in the 550 range...anything more than that and the 3.5 is probably going to be better (but not an option on the bronco)

OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Assuming the road tests come back positive, then I think Ford knocked it out of the ball park with this new Bronco.
I don't think even Covid19 is going to spoil this party very much.

If I had a $45k laying around for the model I'd want, then I'd be reserving a new Bronco right now.
The $100 deposit isn't even that bad.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Anal Disco Anal Disco link says it has a 7 speed manual in the base... but looking at Fords site shows no option to change from 8 spd auto. Again the article says 10sp auto standard.
And through Eddies link I can see it featured BUT maybe I was trying to add it to a 4dr version?? WTF :fu:

Stetson

BAMF
It would be great if this time Ford worked with a few of the plow manufacturing companies when designing it. The last generation was an excellent driveway plowing weapon. Hopefully there will be options out there.

Top Bottom