Website
www.snoopdogg.com
For all of you idiots saying that illegals pay taxes on stolen SS cards. I worked for a roofing company. Ninety percent of the crews were illegals on stolen socials. They would each claim ten or twelve dependents so they paid an absolute minimum of taxes. And they all had ebt or food stamps. The fuckers worked the American system for everything they could.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Bravo

10% tariffs on $300B China goods

:2guns:
China just devalued its currency to the lowest rate against the dollar in a decade (which Trump had warned Xi not to do- it's an unfair manipulative way to ameliorate the effects of the tariffs by essentially making their goods cheaper in terms of the USD)- the tariff escalation is pretty much guaranteed now, and I won't be surprised if it eventually goes to 25% on everything they export to the US. The real ugliness is about to begin.

Also, according to a CNBC report, China has ceased all US agricultural imports.

Basically, this means that hopes for a trade deal anytime soon are pretty slim, and the 'the trade talks are going well' tweets were BS. At any rate, the Chinese aren't caving- they're digging in, which I doubt Trump expected.

If the current futures are any indication (the Dow is down 350 points in pre-market trading), it's gonna be a pretty bad day for the markets on Monday (though every time I predict that they rebound- we'll see).

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Yup, a pretty big hit, as expected (6th largest single-day point drop in Dow history).

The US Treasury Department just designated China as a 'currency manipulator' (which Trump said he'd do on the campaign trail- it's the first time a POTUS has some that since 1994). Now the US will file a formal complaint with the IMF to get the organization to take some sort of action.

It looks like China is planning on playing tit-for-tat through the election, hoping for a Dem win and doing their best to hurt the US economy (and Trump's re-election effort).

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Yup, a pretty big hit, as expected.

The US Treasury Department just designated China as a 'currency manipulator' (which Trump said he'd do on the campaign trail- it's the first time a POTUS has some that since 1994). Now the US will file a formal complaint with the IMF to get the organization to take some sort of action.

It looks like China is planning on playing tit-for-tat through the election, hoping for a Dem win and doing their best to hurt the US economy (and Trump's re-election effort).
To be honest, I was married to a Korean... They hated chinks, and japs... But for whatever reason they really hated chinks.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Koreans hate the Chinese and (especially) the Japanese due to military conflicts and war crimes, or just cultural differences and rivalries- go to Seoul sometime- half the monuments have a sign on them that says 'Recreation of the original, which was destroyed by xxx' (usually Japanese forces).

Hate and bigotry by Asians toward other Asians is huge.

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
I think her family had an issue being predominantly north Korean and escaping during the war... Apparently her Harmony(grandmother) had a run in with those commie bastards.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lots of Koreans were used as 'comfort women' (the Japanese euphemism for 'sex slaves') during the war.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
China's market is taking a big hit as well- the Shanghai Composite is down over 2% so far today (that could change- it's only 10:30AM Tuesday morning in Beijing), and down nearly 6.5% over the last five days.

OP
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
I'm sorry that USA ag will suffer more than most

Other than that...

It pleases me to no end that this trade war is looking more and more like a real trade war and not the window dressing I feared it was

Top Bottom