2010/11 Cadillac CTS Who has owned one?

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
Reviews on KBB are 4.6 out of 5.0 with very little complaints. Almost everyone who wrote a review had nothing but great things to say.

Considering one for the wife, I love the wagons, her not so much, but she does like the sedan. Both cars are AWD 3.6 L 304hp V6 one has 85k and the other 65k

2011 Cadillac CTS AWD 3.6L

AWD 2010 Cadillac CTS

OP
OP
Stites

Stites

The silver one is a one owner car and appears to have been owned by a business person. They live in Genoa which is 1:15 away and typically bux to live there......other than it has more mileage it looks to be the better of the two

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Is she tired of the Camaro already?

Oiling problems killed timing chains in those engines that weren't maintained properly (long oil change intervals or shitty oil). GM shortened the recommended oil change interval as a result. If you find one that used good synthetic oil and was changed every 3-5k miles, I think those chains last a good while, like 120 - 160k. Sooner or later it needs the chains replaced, though. Not easy or cheap.

I think there was an improperly heat treated wafer disc problem in the transmissions from 2008 -09, and maybe some 2010s, as I recall(?). Something to research, anyway. I think if you had the discs replaced before they broke, the cost wasn't a back breaker. But once they fragged, shit went through the transmission and killed it.

OP
OP
Stites

Stites

I have not owned one, but I like the cars. Just leery of the issues above.
From what I am seeing it was fixed in 2010 and some of the 2010’s with a build date of 09 still had issues, but not seeing anything on the 11’s

OP
OP
Stites

Stites

Dude, that was 4 cars ago..

This is the Stites family, more money than god....they go through cars like some people go through kleenex.
Funny coming from Sanford and Son

OP
OP
Stites

Stites

Is she tired of the Camaro already?
After a few bad winters in the Camaro she elected to sell it. It was the worst car I have ever driven in any kind of slick/ice/snow. However one of the best up highway 50 to Tahoe and also up 431 Mount Rose Highway......total thrill almost as good as being on the bike.....I miss the hell out of charging a corner in that car.

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Wife had a 2005 CTS. On top of being a piece of shit, the dealer was fucking useless.

It needed a new engine at 35,000 miles. It used a goofy sized battery, and non standard sized tires.

I'll never own another GM car.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Having worked on Caddidillacs through the 80's and early 90's?

I would never own a used one with the ridiculous cost of repairs for standard GM parts, modified ever so slightly to force/justify charging more for them.

A new one under warranty would be a different story entirely.

A pile of money should be held to one side to use from to time to when they need maintenance/repairs if you do get a used one.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Ive never heard anybody say they wish they hadn't bought their trailblazer ss.

I would never own a used one with the ridiculous cost of repairs for standard GM parts, modified ever so slightly to force/justify charging more for them.

A pile of money should be held to one side to use from to time to when they need maintenance/repairs if you do get a used one.
Yeah, maybe 10 year old luxury cars aren't the best idea. Although the price tag is always compelling.

pimpslayer

BAMF+

Sounds like the argument against owning a used Mercedes or BMW...or even an Audi.

"Don't own one out of warranty!" :lol:

OP
OP
Stites

Stites

Sounds like the argument against owning a used Mercedes or BMW...or even an Audi.

"Don't own one out of warranty!" :lol:
Yeah we striked those off of the list along time ago. Trying to stick to Japanese cars and then the Cadillac came up, which looks like a really nice car with one owner.

We bought a Honda accord V6 coupe. It's a great driving car, corners like it's on rails, decent looking car (2 door), plenty of power and over 30mpg.

I recommend. :up::up:

LURCH

My gender: HE, HIM, SIR, MISTER. Now fuck off!
I had a 2013 CTS, crimson red, tan interior, no issues at all other than it was a small car for me.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as lucystrike
I had a 2013 CTS, crimson red, tan interior, no issues at all other than it was a small car for me.
is this the one you had to cut a hole in the roof to provide ample headroom??

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
She would enjoy a V model over the regular cts.

Rocco

BAM

I agree with that. It also seems that Cadillac engineering has a knack for generating some really big and expensive problems, by using advance designs that all to often fail

OP
OP
Stites

Stites

I have researched extensively all the concerns here and continue to find nothing but great reviews on this car.

Yes I have found the one and two people who had problems and hate the car, but every car of every manufacturer has a small percentage of failures.

Back to do more research and thanks to those have responded and given me things to look into.

Bandit Man

BAMF
I would think it would react the same as the Camaro in the snow. Everyone I know with them her in socal love them.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Look at a 2018/19 used "Hyundai" Genesis G90 with a 3.3 v6 twin turbo AWD
Doesn t get anymore gangsta than that mommason

Last edited:

GSXRN99

CAPSLOCK
Last car I got the Wife was an'18 Camry hybrid LE with the entertainment package. Went LE vs XLE cause LE came with a lithium battery (faster longer charge) All around 45mpg light footing it and as high as 65mpg. picked up some '19 inch XSE wheels and tires for 500 bucks and the car looks great. I enjoy the car as much as my M5. rides quiet and comfortable for 4. Great utilitarian vehicle.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as lucystrike
Look at a 2018/19 used "Hyundai" Genesis G90 with a 3.3 v6 twin turbo AWD
Doesn t get anymore gangsta than that mommason
thats actually a decent car just depreciates like an SOB... 2yrs old with low miles are nesrly 50% of msrp

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
thats actually a decent car just depreciates like an SOB... 2yrs old with low miles are nesrly 50% of msrp
Exactly. You re basically getting an S class for 40-45k only way more reliable
Most reviews i ve read are 5 star.
Took a new 2019 for a short test drive and it left a pretty good impression on me. I would drive one around on a daily basis. AWD 3 3 tt which can be tweeked to 450+ hp with a remap, a couple tuners offer them. They pull pretty good stock, claimed under 5 sec 0-60 and it is one of the quietest rides i ve been in. 1100 watt, 17 speaker/woofer system that will blow your ear drums to pieces.
Cameras everywhere, a back seat that you can comfortably sleep or play in. Nappa leather, real (nice) wood trim, brushed aluminum buttons evsrywhere that are really pleasant to touch.
Car feels and looks like it costs $150,000.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
The G70 is pretty sweet also but more of a chick car. Same 3.3tt in a smaller 4 door with a sick interior that s honestly nicer than most anything in its class. They re 50+k new loaded

Top Bottom