1976 Yamaha RD 400 for sale in Orange County (CA)

OP
OP
ysr_racer

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Clean, non op CA title in hand. No trades for knives, watches, or canned tuna.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Well... that fucker needs a lot of work.

You'd think the fucking idiot riding it would have check the pinging and knocking noises coming from the engine before it ate thru the piston! Setting the timing would have helped too.

OP
OP
ysr_racer

ysr_racer

Well... that fucker needs a lot of work.

You'd think the fucking idiot riding it would have check the pinging and knocking noises coming from the engine before it ate thru the piston! Setting the timing would have helped too.
Beats me, I'm a gun guy. Is his price right?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Back when people were racing those thing in the "Box Stock" class, some would cut the stock pipes apart, build expansion chambers in them, weld em back up, chrome them and cheat away! They weren't the be

Pat830

BAMF
That was my first street bike. Same year and color. I had a lot of fun on it for a couple years. Put some Yamalube in the reservoir under the seat, gas it up, and go. Quick and wheelie prone. Sold it and bought a Honda CB750, I could haul the chicks better on the 750.

califblue

BAMF
I raced box stock...no need to do anything to the pipe besides remove the packing and drill 1/4" holes in all the indented pedals to create back pressure..

FYI that is a Daytona head and I would be willing to bet he used an after market head gasket not a copper one and he sucked air and ran lean

tell him to take it to the Two Stroke Extravaganza on the 18th

Security Check Required

My "RED BITCH" is FOR Sale

RD400.jpg

califblue

BAMF
The Sunday SHOW will be the 22nd annual 2 STROKE EXTRAVAGANZA !
Back again this year at the WOLF CREEK BREWERY 25108 Rye Canyon Loop in Valencia, CA. Last

OP
OP
ysr_racer

ysr_racer

I raced box stock...no need to do anything to the pipe besides remove the packing and drill 1/4" holes in all the indented pedals to create back pressure..

FYI that is a Daytona head and I would be willing to bet he used an after market head gasket not a copper one and he sucked air and ran lean

tell him to take it to the Two Stroke Extravaganza on the 18th

Security Check Required

My "RED BITCH" is FOR Sale

View attachment 18703
What does something like that go for?

pimpslayer

BAMF+
Just got back from a Ducati meet this week at Tail of the Dragon.

2 Stroke club was at The Crossroads of Time at the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort. They were all over the area!

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
6 American dollars ... that is my offer... I pay just a tad over scrap prices as the 400 is not the desirable 2 stroke triple.

WVMadMax

BAMF
My first ride was a bone stock 75 Yamaha RD350 that I bought, along with a windshield, rain suit, and a helmet for $600. Rode it around the block for an hour learning how to ride, as I had never ridden a motorcycle before, then took off for home 75 miles away. Great little bike and wheelie machine.
However, I would NOT buy that trouble in the posted photos for half the asking price!

Top Bottom