150 HP liquid cooled four valve per cyl. Harley DOHC engine with two spark plugs per cyl.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I’m curious what the Pan America weighs. My 950 (right at 100hp) weighs 510lbs with a splash of fuel.
Claimed 534 wet. 560 for the Special. 26lbs more just from the suspension?

The Special’s front and rear Showa semi-active suspension offers 7.5 inches of travel. Semi-active defines suspension damping that is continuously ECU-adjusted according to how the bike is being used, via seven monitored variables. The hardware is Showa (for example, the electric rear preload adjuster), but the control software was written by H-D.

About time Harley did something correctly, wonder if they copied the

this is the motorcycle that my 2020 Benelli TNT 135 will have the engine transplant from, I will go from 135cc to 450cc and with the right sprocket and rear tire our calulation is 120 mph top speed, cruz all day at 70-80-90 mph with out engine even overheating. Using a 2021 CSC CX4 adventure engine.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Interesting, "The drive-side camshaft bearing journal is part of the drive sprocket, a design that makes it possible to remove the camshaft for service or a future performance upgrade without disassembling the camshaft drive". I know exactly what it should look like.
It also has VVT.
Maybe the engine will be a Polaris Killer in dirt track racing.

BarryW

BAM
I'm sure they outsourced the design in large part, probably to the Austrian consultants AVL as they've done in the past. Hopefully they'll stay on top of the required manufacturing QC, but time will tell if it's durable & reliable or if they made it "too light" anywhere. I've got to admit that I'm intrigued. I've heard a base model will be around $17,000 USD which is definitely competitive, but they're up against some firmly entrenched competition in this space, so they better have their shit together if they want to sell any to those folks who don't show up to the dealership already wearing a H-D vest.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF

17 grand ... I’m going to have to ride one 👍
I'm intrigued....from the 4 valve head with VVT and hydraulic lifters (sic), to the dry sumped 60 degree crank with offset crank throws so it thinks it's a 90 degree v-twin and a slipper clutch. And a washable, reusable air filter.

And with the active suspension on the Special, it reads like a winner. :up:

Ninjaman12R

Whoever keeps changing this LOVES the cock 🖕
Trying to figure out if it’s gonna come with bags
I'm sure they'll offer it with them at some point, but in that video I posted they showed 3 different types of bags (I think) for it. They showed a few accessories actually. There are a couple of color combinations that make it less ugly to me. It's got huge potential as you said, and look i forward to riding one. 👍

BarryW

BAM
Very interested in how top heavy she feels. It's what I hate most about these long legged bitches, and how the GS boxer design covers its tracks so well being the pig that it is.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
They need to build a "Scrambler" version with out the butt ugly faring thing on it.
I'm just waiting for The Motor Company to reannounce/reintroduce the streetfighter they showed a year ago, called The Bronx. It really just looked like a nicely proportioned street bike, rather than a chopped up, ugly street fighter. it was a 975cc version of the Power Max engine...err, or motor.

Ninjaman12R

Whoever keeps changing this LOVES the cock 🖕
I'm just waiting for The Motor Company to reannounce/reintroduce the streetfighter they showed a year ago, called The Bronx. It really just looked like a nicely proportioned street bike, rather than a chopped up, ugly street fighter. it was a 975cc version of the Power Max engine...err, or motor.
I was anticipating the release of that bike just to see if it was a success or not, then they scrubbed it. But since they've already got another bike built around this engine (the 1250) besides the Pan America, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bronx resurface in the future. Who knows?

tinhead

Has never named a pet
I was looking hard at the Bronx concept.
Then it got axed.
The local Harley dealer doesn't email me any more.

Haven't gone and bought an FTR or an SRX, we'll see what happens.
Indian and Yamaha still email me regularly.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Top Bottom