Thread: Coca-Cola douche

Default Coca-Cola douche

Anybody tried it? You need one of the old-style bottles to be most efficient. I droped a load in a girl back when we were teenagers. I had her stand in the shower while I shaked that baby up. She didn't get pregnant. I have no idea if the Coke had anything to do with it.

Claim: Coca-Cola is an effective spermicide.

Origins: Somehow I doubt this is what Coca-Cola meant by 'the pause that refreshes.'

Here's a short newspaper summary about Coke's contraceptive properties:
    'OLD COKE' BETTER THAN 'NEW COKE?'

Common commodities such as honey and sodium bicarbonate, acidic fruit juices and oils have been used through history as spermicides. Three Harvard researchers note that Coca-Cola is said to be favored for this purpose in some developing countries and was touted in American folklore as a contraceptive aid in years gone by. No documentation of the soft drink's spermicidal capabilities was found, so Dr. Sharee Umpierre and two colleagues decided to test Coke in some of its various formulations in their lab. They found that Diet Coke was a most effective spermicide and the original formula Coke was also quite effective, five times more so than the reformulated "new" Coke. "Although not recommended for postcoital contraception, partly because sperm can be found in the oviducts within minutes after intercourse, Coca-Cola products do appear to have a spermicidal effect," the researchers said in a letter to the New England Journal of Medicine. "Furthermore, our data indicate that at least in the area of spermicidal effect, 'Classic' Coke is it."
    Before anyone is tempted to grab a six-pack and head down to the beach, please keep in mind that spermicides themselves aren't all that effective at preventing pregnancy. Saying Diet Coke kills sperm is like saying a rubber glove makes a decent balloon -- you shouldn't interpret either as meaning that using them creatively will keep you safe from parenthesis. (That's when you wind up pregnant and end up writing a book about it.)

Here's another newspaper excerpt:
    . . . the researchers said they found marked differences in the ability of four different Coca-Cola formulations to act as a spermicide. At the same time, they warned against the use of soft drinks of any kind as douches after intercourse to prevent pregnancy. While there are differences among soft drinks, all fail as effective contraceptives, the researchers noted.

To test the sperm-killing abilities of various Coca-Cola products, the three researchers prepared test tubes containing small samples of carefully preserved sperm and poured in small amounts of Diet Coke, New Coke, caffeine-free New Coke and Classic Coke -- carefully repeating the test three times for each soda.

All of them killed some sperm, but New Coke turned out to be least effective, with Diet Coke having the most pronounced effect overall and Classic Coke recording a five times greater sperm-killing rate than its upstart rival. "Coca-Cola products do appear to have a spermicidal effect," the study deadpanned. "Furthermore, our data indicate that, at least in the area of spermicidal effect, 'Classic Coke' is it."

Coca-Cola saw little humor in the Harvard project. A spokesman said the company hadn't seen the new report, but "our position is we do not promote any of our products for any medical use."
    Coca-Cola may not be promoting its product as a spermicidal douche, but the idea ain't new. Coke (and Dr. Pepper in the southern States) douches have been part of contraceptive lore at least since the 1950s. Coke contains carbonic acid, which kills the sperm, and sugar, which explodes the sperm cells, therefore making it (at least in a Petri dish) somewhat effective in destroying sperm. The carbonation of the drink forces the jet of liquid into the vagina.

Back in the 1950s and 1960s, this method of parenthood prevention proved somewhat popular because not only was it cheap and universally available at a time when reliable birth control methods were hard to come by, but it also came in its own handy "shake and shoot" disposable applicator.

After intercourse, the girl would uncap a warm Coke, put her thumb over the mouth of the bottle, shake up the beverage, then insert the neck of the bottle in her vagina and move her thumb out of the way. The warm well-shaken Coke became an effervescent spermicidal douche, with the traditional (at that time) six-ounce bottle providing what was deemed to be just the right amount for one application.

As stated above, this method wasn't all that effective at preventing pregnancy. Though Coca-Cola was a (slight) step up from plain water, douching with any liquid is far too often a case of attempting to close the barn door after the horse has got loose. By the time the douche is fired off, 100,000 or thereabouts sperm are swimming around in the uterus, already out of reach of any douche, even a fizzy one.

Women should be reluctant to turn to soda pop douches for another reason besides their ineffectiveness at preventing Momhood -- the sugars in them being let loose in that part of a woman's anatomy can lead to yeast infections, an annoying, difficult-to-cure condition.

The bottom line? Though Coca-Cola might kill a few sperm in a test tube, the test tube is a long way from actual field conditions, and no one with any sense is going to mistake some Harvard tomfoolery for the answer to her prayers. In the final analysis, the best contraceptive use for a Coke is to wash down your daily birth control pills with.

Seeing how that shit will completely disolve a nail and remove rudt off of cement and tenderize meat, I have no problem believing it will be a good spermacide....

Quote Originally Posted by The Jedi
    Seeing how that shit will completely disolve a nail and remove rudt off of cement and tenderize meat, I have no problem believing it will be a good spermacide....

Claim: A tooth left in a glass of Coca-Cola will dissolve overnight.

Origins: I don't know of anyone who hasn't heard the rumor that too much Coca-Cola rots your innards, and the proof of this can be determined by dropping a baby tooth into a glass of it, then going back the next morning to find most of it eaten away. If Coca-Cola can dissolve a tooth overnight, imagine what it must be doing to your teeth, not to mention your stomach and digestive tract!

All such claims ignore a few salient points:

Coca-Cola will not dissolve a tooth (or a nail, or a penny, or a piece of meat) overnight. Anyone who says it does hasn't actually tried such an experiment.

Coca-Cola contains acids (such as citric acid and phosphoric acid) which will eventually dissolve items such as teeth (given enough time), but so do plenty of other substances we commonly ingest (such as orange juice). The concentration of acid in these products is so low that our digestive systems are easily capable of coping with it with no harm to us.

The idea that any substance which can dissolve teeth must therefore damage our teeth if we drink it is nonsensical. We don't hold drinks in our mouths for days at a time -- any liquids we drink simply wash over our teeth very briefly, and our teeth are further protected by their enamel coating and the ameliorating effects of saliva.
    Vince Staten describes the legendary version of this tale:
    Perhaps you've heard the story. It goes something like this: At Harvard they left a fly in a Coke overnight and the next morning, the fly had been completely dissolved. The name of the university changes and so does the item to be soaked overnight, but the result is always the same: Coke eats it. The lesson is that if it does that to a fly, just think of what it does to your stomach.

To test this theory I swatted two flies: a test fly and a control fly. I put the test fly in a cup of Coke and let it soak for twenty-four hours. I put the control fly in a cup of Roto-Rooter drain cleaner and let it soak an equal length of time.

When I returned to the Coke fly the next day, I discovered, to my surprise, the fly floating around, unscathed. The Roto-Rooter fly, on the other hand, was dissolved down to a couple of tiny fly bits. The Roto-Rooter had also eaten through the bottom of the plastic cup.
    Frederick Allen discusses the origins of this rumor in his book on Coca-Cola:
    In the fall of 1950, a Cornell University professor named Clive M. McCay testified before a select committee in the U.S. House of Representatives that the sugar in Coke caused cavities. And, he said, the phosphoric acid was a dangerous additive. Giving a vivid account that instantly became part of the national folklore, Dr. McCay described how a tooth left in a glass of Coca-Cola would soften and begin to dissolve in a period of two days.

Coca-Cola's top chemist, Orville May, explained to Hobbs [then president of Coca-Cola] and the company's other executives that anything containing sugar and phosphoric acid -- fresh orange juice, for example -- would dissolve teeth over a period of time. The point was people did not hold food and beverages in their mouths for days on end. They swallowed, and their saliva washed away the sugar and acid before lasting damage was done. Otherwise the whole country would be toothless.
    Mark Pendergrast tackles the same subject:
    McCay made headlines with his allegations that Coke would eat away the marble steps of the Capitol Building and soften teeth placed in a glass of the beverage. "The molar teeth of rats were dissolved down to the gum line," McCay told the politicians, when "given nothing to drink except cola beverages for a period of six months."

In response, Coca-Cola's head chemist, Orville May, testified that McCay offered a "distorted picture" intended to frighten unsuspecting consumers. May pointed out that the .055 percent level of phosphoric acid was far below the 1.09 percent acid content of an orange and that McCay's studies ignored the neutralizing effect of saliva. Finally, he noted that orange juice or lemonade would also dissolve ten-penny nails and eat holes in the Capitol steps.
    We have to agree with Vince Staten's conclusion:
    I think there are two lessons here: Don't believe all those Coke stories you hear. And don't, for any reason, let a fly drink Roto-Rooter.

tell me non of you believed that coca-cola nonsense??? please

Quote Originally Posted by The Jedi

you have actually seen this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Heat
    tell me non of you believed that coca-cola nonsense??? please
    It must have some spermicidal properties due to it's low PH.(acidity) I certainly won't recommend it for regular birth control. It was all we had at the time. Any of you guys ever tell a girl that you will pull it out before ejaculating? Never happens. This was the case this day about 32 years ago.

It was an ever popular song by the Fugs, too. They also did one called "Saran Wrap". "Rip it off, wrap it up, stick it in!"

The Fugs!

I couldn't get high.....
    238.580 MPH at Bonneville...

"Slum goddess from the lower east side"