Thread: When is the new Hayabusa 1500 coming out?

1. Default When is the new Hayabusa 1500 coming out?

Just wishing but I bet it is in the works!!!!!!!!!!!

On the present lump you have to go more than 4mm over to get 1500 cc. That is pushing it, like as in Pooh's 1550.

To do a 1500 block warranteed for the street would require new barrels and, of course, the domino effect then takes over. We're talking a whole new motor top to bottom.

Not gonna happen.

If and when it does, if sport bikes go into the 1500 area, it will require not just a new lump, but a whole new chassis concept.

They will have to make the tracks much longer.

I will be first in line for that shit.

They need a good factory turbo bike, with a closed loop electronic control system.
    A Marine was asked by the media what he felt when he shot a terrorist.
    He said "Recoil".

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-med-atf.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Pete
    I will be first in line for that shit.
    Hiya Dirty Pete, mind if I cut in?

My biggest gripe is that the 'busa is heavier than it should be.

-Wicked
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    wickedspeed was born footless, like The Stig, he merely has two pedastals at the ends of his legs to rest his enormous bollocks on

It'll come out RIGHT after the new XX is released !

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Pete
    Not gonna happen.
    I'm sure that is what everyone thought back a long time ago, too. 1000 cc sportbike...no way!! Then comes the ZX-10

1100 cc sportbike..no way!! Enter GSXR 1100 and the ZX-11

1200 cc or 1300 cc sportbike...no way!! ZX-12 and Hayabusa are here 8)

They WILL get bigger and better
    RED NINJAS RULE!!

In that case, somebody gimme a RCV 2k-SPS and get it over with. Don't make me wait til I'm as old as Dirty Pete before this happens.

-Wicked
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    wickedspeed was born footless, like The Stig, he merely has two pedastals at the ends of his legs to rest his enormous bollocks on

They dont need to make it bigger. Make the head a little better, put on cams simular to the ZX12 and bump the compression av you will have a 180 RWHP stock bike.
    Then put on GSXR running gear and dry weight will be like 480 pounds...
    Shouldt make the bike more expensive......

Please Santa.....

They could do an overbore of just over 2mm and end up within spitting distance of 1400cc.

Figure an "average" Busa out of the crate makes about 155hp. That's an average of 11.92 hp per 100 cc., which would project a 1400 engine in similar tune at roughly 167 hp with well over 100 lb ft. of torque. It should still run fine on regular gas and still make the kind of low and mid-range torque that Busa riders love and ZX12 owners lust after.

The key ingredient for the Busa, and the main reason I think it sells so well is that torque. Changing the cams and moving the power up in the range will certainly give it higher maximum numbers, but would actually make it less desirable to most buyers, IMO. Suzuki is not building bikes for the really hard-core like a lot of Labusas. They need to sell more bikes than that.

For those who want more than the stock 1400, a pipe and reprogrammed FI should yield hp in the mid 170s. For the few who want more than that, let THEM change out the cams, etc. 190hp or more should come easily.

I'm with Wicked on this one. The biggest drawback to the Busa is weight, not lack of power. A turbo is going in precisely the wrong direction. Adds weight, complexity, screws up driveability, and based on the combined experiences of those on this board, is unacceptably unreliable.

It is OK to fuck up a good motorcycle if you own it. Don't ask the factory to do it, though.

Factory turbo.

Easy, reliable 225HP, 135ft lb tq all day, keep the bore and stroke the way it is...

Probably more HP/TQ, but those numbers could be attained without breaking a sweat.
    238.580 MPH at Bonneville...