Thread: BIker Boyz Fucking It Up For Us?

Default BIker Boyz Fucking It Up For Us?

Nope, don't think so.

The've been playing clips on TV for the last hour or so. Doesn't look damning. Course there's some stunts (which they haven't been showing but you see in the trailer), but it looks like it's mostly posing and racing with some rivalry. No squiddy behavior outside of the stuntz as far as I can tell and everyone on earth (cept the cop with a stick up his ass) can appreciate a quality wheelie. There's no guns or quality violence (couple fist fights) or drugs so far, so the bikers should come off better then the ricers did in Fast and Furious. And F&F didn't damage the ricer world's image as far as I can tell. Plus the've got a ton of quality actors in this, which always adds to the mass appeal of it all.

Tom Cruise in MI:2 had some top quality stunt action, no image damage. xXx has some top quality stunting action, no damage. The gravity Games are on NBC all the time with dirt stunting, no damage to the image.

No real bling on the bikes either, unlike F&F. Although Fishbourne's bike is painted in some damn ugly red white leopard print type shit. :dwn:

So I don't really know what you guys are worried about. It's just too bad it's coming out in the snow up here... or the parking lot would be fulla bikes.
    Looking for a custom web design firm or a small business consultant? Well I'm here to help.

Behind the scenes documentary on BET in a half hour 7:30 EST for anyone interrested. I think I'll check it out.
    Looking for a custom web design firm or a small business consultant? Well I'm here to help.

Warner Bros. will be dropping TORQUE soon. Another Biker flick staring Ice Cube

All I have to say is that I am glad it is coming out. I am going to be building a Gixxer track bike later this year, and that's about how long its going to take for all the salvage yards to start filling up with all teh wannabe squids totalled bikes. So part should be ceap as hell in the next 6 months.......

I can't wait...... I think every wannabe squid NEEDS to watch it and go out and buy a brand new Gixxer 1K or Busa, so I can buy it cheap salvage later......
    ZRX....... When power and size DO matter..!

http://www.knology.net/~patandmady/Sig-Wheelie.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lordbry
    Behind the scenes documentary on BET in a half hour 7:30 EST for anyone interrested. I think I'll check it out.
    Is it safe for me to tune into BET? I always figured that Al Sharpton would come over and picket my house or some such...
    The object of a system of authority is order, not justice. Justice matters only after injustice sufficiently compromises order

Quote Originally Posted by Buelldozer
    Is it safe for me to tune into BET? I always figured that Al Sharpton would come over and picket my house or some such...
    *laugh* Print out this thread and flash it if he gives you any shit. :P Looks like it's going to be good. I just hope they don't give away too much in the event that the story is actually of some quality.

Hey! It's possible!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBig
    Looks like 2 totally different flicks. Release date supposedly 3/21 but there aren't any trailers or promo that I can see so far. That's probably a bullshit date.

Someone needs to make a movie with sportbikes that becomes as legendary as Easy Rider. That's a kick ass flick.

I think the effects of this movie and subsequent biker movies will be interesting to observe.

Since bikes are inherently cheaper than the little shit boxes, there might be a noticable increase in the number of sportbikes on the road.

Also gotta wonder what kind of carnage will ensue. I mean, you know that the majority of people who would buy a motorcycle because they saw it in a cool movie will go for the best motorcycle they can afford. I can only see trouble coming from this. Buncha newbies on literbikes and such....

Hopefully the The Man won't take much notice of the movie and target sportbikers anymore than they already do.
    Never Give In

That channel isn't programmed in my tv, but I guess I can manually key it in. The last time I did so was for Trent notaLOTTa balls, asskissing. I don't know about biker boyz. I found this:

Yeah Boyeeeeee, dis movie wuz da schizznit! NOT. Fellow MOron Eric Bass and I rode to the Mann2 theater in Westwood, CA at 8:00pm Advertisement

last night, for a "Sneak Peak" screening of DreamWorks' new flick, Biker Boyz. The weather and full moon were beautiful. The movie wasn't.

Biker Boyz is a film about family relations, coming of age, showing-off, and oh yeah street drag racing / sportbike warfare between rival members of "The Set" The Set is composed of several groups of like minded, mini-gangs who race for cash and each other's helmets. The fastest rider in the set is known as the "King of Cali". The current King is "Smoke" (Lawrence Fishburn). Smoke is president of the "Black Knights" and de-facto leader of the entire "Set" Anyway without giving away the entire ahem "plot" a young up and coming rider named "Kid" (Derek
    Luke) is out to take Smoke's helmet. First he needs to form his own club (The Biker Boyz) and join The Set, then he needs to work his way up the ranks by beating other members of rival crews within The Set. This is all well and good, until there is an actual race scene. Then everything goes all Sylvester Stallone "Driven" ish, and reality flies out the window. You see, these "races" feature lots of riders looking at each other, mid-race, and twisting the throttle a little further, so they can surge ahead. Other typical Hollywood tricks include: lowered, stretched and chromed-out Huyabusas that seem to top out around 130 mph, until you press the NOS button and magically shoot straight to 180 mph. Helmetless racers going 180 mph, with long blonde hair lightly tussled by gentle wisps of air. Huyabusa's, ZX-12Rs, GSX-Rs, R-1s etc "dragracing" down gravel and dirt roads, and so much more that I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it all.

All in all, there are several shots of very nicely detailed sport bikes
    and custom cruisers, a few typical parking lot stunts like Wheelies, Stoppies, Burn-outs and the like, a melodramatic and predictable plot, and Oh yeah! The King of Cali shoould really be one of those two squids riding Yamaha Banshee quads throughout the flick, because the final climatic "King of Cali" dragrace, is between a Huyabusa and ZX-12R, on some central Californian farmer's DIRT driveway and well... in the dirt, a Banshee would positively annihilate either of those two street tire shod beasts. When all was said and done, Eric and I found the audience (REAL street racers, club members, girlie girlz, thugs, Poseurs, etc...) much more entertaining than the film. Since you are probably not going to be at a preview with lots of other bikers to entertain you, take MO's advice and skip Biker Boyz.

3/21 was the date. However WB didn't want to compete with Biker Boyz so they pushed the date back..... but wait..... They have fast and ferious II coming out mid year and it's the same director who is working on TORQUE! push again.... maybe winter 2003!

Default Re: BIker Boyz Fucking It Up For Us?

Plus the've got a ton of quality actors in this, which always adds to the mass appeal of it all:
    so you think kid COCK is a quality actor??? wow you must smoke some GOOD SHIT!!!! :dwn:

In all fairness, Lawrence Fishburn is a great actor.

The lead (Derek Luke) is from the new Denzel movie, the Antoine Fisher Story. He's been spoken highly of by the critics. Here's the list:

* Derek Luke
    * Larry Fishbourne
    * Lorenz Tate
    * Vanessa Bell Calloway
    * Tyson Beckford
    * Lisa Bonet
    * Kadeem Hardison
    * Salli Richardson (super hottie)
    * Orlando Jones
    * Kid Rock (not good, but still popular)

And a bunch of cameos from other "stars".

Quote Originally Posted by 4of11
    All I have to say is that I am glad it is coming out. I am going to be building a Gixxer track bike later this year, and that's about how long its going to take for all the salvage yards to start filling up with all teh wannabe squids totalled bikes. So part should be ceap as hell in the next 6 months.......

I can't wait...... I think every wannabe squid NEEDS to watch it and go out and buy a brand new Gixxer 1K or Busa, so I can buy it cheap salvage later......

lordbry: Doesn't it snow in Buffalo NY 9 months every year?

Which failed policies are you willing to fund out of your wealth/income in perpetuity? The debt is now over 15 trillion plus the unfunded liabilities in Medicare and Social Security. Are you going to let the AARP determine the issues? Vote for Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by F3Zak
    lordbry: Doesn't it snow in Buffalo NY 9 months every year?
    Ha....

Ha....

:2:

Notice the sig.

I Dunno.

A guy over on SBN had some good points about this one. I'll paraphrase him:

1). The movie is being released in the dead of winter; as I understand it they release the ones that don't have much promise this time of year.

2). Who's really gonna go see this flick? Bikers, and wannabe bikers mostly. If this movie doesn't make a starry-eyed kid want a bike then chances are some rap video will so what's the difference?

3). It's one thing to watch The Fast and the Furiuos and then drive your Civic down to the local auto shop and consequently adorn it with all manner of stuff from the "rice aisle". It's another thing to go out and buy (and insure) an open class sportbike. Sure some can, but many may not be able to afford it. So the problem never quite materializes.

I like dumb movies and I like sportbikes so I'm gonna go see it. I'd hate to have my experience ruined by pained thoughts of insurance hikes and the like...

..hey you older guys: When the schlocky H-A type movies came out in the 60's (the westerns with bikes) did the real riders worry about what it was doing to their image?

Or are we all just too fucking uptight these days? All I can say is thank GOD Ozzy/Judas Preist/etc didn't influence me to take my own life back in the 80's. I was so easily led around back when I was a kid y'know...

-Metal

It should be good for sales of new bikes- April is the start of the binging- er- new motorcycle season in those areas which get C_O_L_D :P

Which failed policies are you willing to fund out of your wealth/income in perpetuity? The debt is now over 15 trillion plus the unfunded liabilities in Medicare and Social Security. Are you going to let the AARP determine the issues? Vote for Ron Paul.

Tyson Beckford has a Jesse James chopper worth $135,000. Oops, my mistake,he paid that much for it. Doesn't make it worth it.

Dumbass.

I like stupid cheesy movies. I will wait until this one hits the pay per view.

Gee...love the ninja 250 in the background of the "interview" shots.
    "What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."

Larry belongs to a biker club full of billionaires and movie stars. I bet they raise hell too.

In the movie Tyson is showin' off one of his 2 Jesse James Diablo's, there are 4 up stoppies, busa's are center stage, and there's lesbian action. I'm seeing this movie.

Anyone of you know Cali Lab's know who the real "King of Cali" AKA Pokey guy is? He's one looks like one crazy muther fucker. He practices in the rain?!? He was whippin' that busa around in the rain. Shiiiiiiiiiit. Logical I guess... but crazy. When it rains my '00 is in the garage.

"I like this script because it blows away all the myths of the crazy biker" The do community fund raisers? Nice. Good for the image.

That pussy little 12 better not beat that Busa in the end or the reality of this movie will truly be shot to hell. :2:

Oh yeah Djimon Hounsou, from Stargate, Gladiator, and Speilberg's Amistad is in it too. Forgot about him. Oops.

Well that alone is a good sign it will be a flop.

If they could start a quarter mile out,max speed and all meet in the center at the same time , now would be something....

YOUR ATTITUDE IS NOTHING BUT LACKADAISICAL, CRUMMY AND SHENANIGAN!

What could another slappy assed Hollywood biker movie possibly do to the current image of motorcyclists that hasn't been done ad nausem in the media since the fuggin fifties?

I think this particular piece of do-do will make us way cooler than we already are.

At least to impressionable slappy assed wannabes that watch Hollywood's version of what us real bikers are really like.
    www.stevecaseydesign.com

I JUST WANT YOU TO CONFESSED THAT YOU STOLE THE MONEY OR YOU WILL DIE.I HAVE SEEN YOU IN THE DARK MIRROR,...

Default TORQUE Pix

Torque pix... is that GrrrkGirl's lil sister? Sup with the dude with the purple hair?

This movie doesn't look nearly as fun as Biker Boyz although both of them have shitty names.

The machines in "Torque" look fucked. That turbo bike is not everyday shit. I do think they're trying to make it more tasteful for general audiences.

THE absolute best part of Biker Boyz will be the "biker" lingo they try to add in there for the non-literate bikers. Just like in F&F. Remember, "I need NOS!" and "You're not double-clutching" and "He's got a cold air intake." Two weeks later every 17 year old punk is out talking about how he's putting "NOS" on his Civic. So retarded that NOS. It's a brand name. I don't go around asking somebody if they've got "Hooker" on their Chevelle. "I need Hooker! Make it two Hooker!!"

Back to my point....Biker Boyz we'll hear lines like...."He beat you 'cause you didn't match revs! You gotta match revs, dude!" Or maybe something like, "He's piped man! I wouldn't run him...he's piped!"

I'm sure the best will be, "Whadda think you're doing man!!!...you can't run him.....he's got Ducati!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by CHAVEZ
    THE absolute best part of Biker Boyz will be the "biker" lingo they try to add in there for the non-literate bikers. Just like in F&F. Remember, "I need NOS!" and "You're not double-clutching" and "He's got a cold air intake." Two weeks later every 17 year old punk is out talking about how he's putting "NOS" on his Civic. So retarded that NOS. It's a brand name. I don't go around asking somebody if they've got "Hooker" on their Chevelle. "I need Hooker! Make it two Hooker!!"

Back to my point....Biker Boyz we'll hear lines like...."He beat you 'cause you didn't match revs! You gotta match revs, dude!" Or maybe something like, "He's piped man! I wouldn't run him...he's piped!"

I'm sure the best will be, "Whadda think you're doing man!!!...you can't run him.....he's got Ducati!!!"
    "jetting".... now there's a word just waiting to realize it's poseur value.

lordbry: Click on "Today's Forecast" at my signature!

:s: :a: :s: :2: :s: :a:

I'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by falconite
    In all fairness, Lawrence Fishburn is a great actor.
    He must have taken a few months off his usual acting to make this movie. In Biker Boyz he is a fat git with no acting talant at all.

Lordby, There are a couple scenes with Guns in the movie.
    "If hooking up one rag-head terrorist prisoner's testicles to a car battery to get the truth out of the lying little camel-shagger will save just one Canadian life, then I have only three things to say:
    1. Red is positive. 2. Black is negative. 3. Make sure his nuts are wet!" Don Cherry

Just a note to the people seeing the movie. Watch the guy sweeping in the background at the drag strip. The soundguy wanted him to be quiet so he was sweeping with the broom about a foot off the ground. They even did a close-up of him at the end of the scene.

This was also the movie that was passing out bad 100 dollar bills around town in Thousand Oaks when they were filming at Ventura Farms for the final drag scene, The infamous Busa-12 dirt drag on a deadend road. Larry Fishburn lifts on the busa to let the kid win on the 12.
    "If hooking up one rag-head terrorist prisoner's testicles to a car battery to get the truth out of the lying little camel-shagger will save just one Canadian life, then I have only three things to say:
    1. Red is positive. 2. Black is negative. 3. Make sure his nuts are wet!" Don Cherry

lifts on the busa to let the kid win on the 12
    Damn...they even use that excuse in movies now eh?

"What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."

33. Default

In the pic above, where the chick is sitting on the bike, those two guys definitely look like they are in love with each other.

... ...i`d eat the white out of her spine...
    we all have it coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man
    The infamous Busa-12 dirt drag on a deadend road. Larry Fishburn lifts on the busa to let the kid win on the 12.
    Thanks alot. So far I've managed to avoid finding out who wins that.

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Eddie
    The infamous Busa-12 dirt drag on a deadend road. Larry Fishburn lifts on the busa to let the kid win on the 12.
    Yeah Bandit Man is a fucker but such is life.

What the fuck is double-clutching anyway? They really had to dig far up someone's ass for that one. FF2 due out within a year I hear.

our pussy ratings are gonna go up! 8)

[quote="lordbry"]
    What the fuck is double-clutching anyway? They really had to dig far up someone's ass for that one. FF2 due out within a year I hear.
    Double clutching is an out-of-date term that was used to a specific method of downshift. (which happens to play no part in competitive portion of dragracing)

Back in the day when gearboxes were shit, the driver, when choosing to downshift, had to:
    1.push in the clutch
    2.move gear lever to neutral
    3.clutch is released
    4.blip the gas gas to raise revs to proper speed
    5.push clutch in again
    6.move gear lever to desired gear

Basically you waste a bunch of time. Plus, gearboxes today are much better built than the ones of yesterday, so all you have to do is blib the throttle while going from a higher gear to a lower gear.

Again, I have no idea how this in involved with the sport of drag racing, but some dumbfuck felt it important to add to the movie.
    Never Give In

39. Default

I SHOULDVE TAKEN THE BLUE PILL

Never Give In

SYNCROS...I NEED MORE SYNCROS!!!!

42. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Eddie
    Yeah Bandit Man is a fucker but such is life.

from a time before the synchromesh was made

I'm in this movie, I didn't say anything because It's only one shot and Im in the background, but from what I was able to see in the script, it's gonna be a good one.
    Beware somewhere there lyes an ambush

[quote="Inkling03"]
    Double clutching is an out-of-date term that was used to a specific method of downshift. (which happens to play no part in competitive portion of dragracing)

Back in the day when gearboxes were shit, the driver, when choosing to downshift, had to:
    1.push in the clutch
    2.move gear lever to neutral
    3.clutch is released
    4.blip the gas gas to raise revs to proper speed
    5.push clutch in again
    6.move gear lever to desired gear

Basically you waste a bunch of time. Plus, gearboxes today are much better built than the ones of yesterday, so all you have to do is blib the throttle while going from a higher gear to a lower gear.

Again, I have no idea how this in involved with the sport of drag racing, but some dumbfuck felt it important to add to the movie.
    This may be true but I have heard something else. Double clutching is when, you release the clutch and floor the gas as the rpm's drop you push the clutch in again and raise the rpm to redline, releasing the clutch agian is supposed to give you a ;little extra push. I have tried this and lost time. a friend of mine tried and says he gains time. I guess it's in the timing
    Beware somewhere there lyes an ambush

Many times double clutching is used for up shifting. When the syncs go bad you can get more time from the trans by doing it.

And BTW, I never claimed to be a nice guy. I could tell the whole story if you like.

[quote="Ambush"]
    This may be true but I have heard something else. Double clutching is when, you release the clutch and floor the gas as the rpm's drop you push the clutch in again and raise the rpm to redline, releasing the clutch agian is supposed to give you a ;little extra push. I have tried this and lost time. a friend of mine tried and says he gains time. I guess it's in the timing

I think what you are referring to is called Power Shifting. It reaks havoc on the gearbox but does, in fact, lead to quicker acceleration times. I think the process involves only one complete motion of the clutch, though. You push in the clutch, change gears, meanwhile, you wither keep the gas pegged or just add enough to keep the revs higher than they would be for a smooth shift. Doing this creates more momentum in the gearbox and engine so when you engage the clutch again you've got all that force pulling you ahead. It's fucking horrible for you clutch and gears, but if you really want a quicker time with a manual box, go for it.
    Never Give In

Quote Originally Posted by Inkling03
    I think what you are referring to is called Power Shifting. It reaks havoc on the gearbox but does, in fact, lead to quicker acceleration times. I think the process involves only one complete motion of the clutch, though. You push in the clutch, change gears, meanwhile, you wither keep the gas pegged or just add enough to keep the revs higher than they would be for a smooth shift. Doing this creates more momentum in the gearbox and engine so when you engage the clutch again you've got all that force pulling you ahead. It's fucking horrible for you clutch and gears, but if you really want a quicker time with a manual box, go for it.
    inkling, i've always referred to it as 'speed shifting'.

You push in the clutch, change gears, meanwhile, you wither keep the gas pegged or just add enough to keep the revs higher than they would be for a smooth shift. Doing this creates more momentum in the gearbox and engine so when you engage the clutch again you've got all that force pulling you ahead.
    in my close to two decades of street riding, i have never had a clutch or transmission related failure. think of it as the reverse of blipping the throttle during a down shift.

Wow double clutching is some real shit. Learn something new everyday.

For some reason, there have been an ASSLOAD of harley shows on TV lately. I watched 3 hours of harley related programming on discovery the other day and then watched a show on Outlaw Biker Gangs (Harley show with another name) on the history channel.

And that history channel show was one hell of a show. They went through the history of Harley and how the media's infactuation with the Hell's Angels affected sales.

The media used to make up shit about biker gangs left and right. Harley sales blew through the roof. The even pointed out that "The Wild Ones", the movie that started it all reallly had Triumphs in it and not one Harley. :P

Anyway, it the old infactuation America had with Harley is any indication, the new biker boys movies won't change a thing. People did dumb shit on Harleys and they'll continue to do dumb shit on sport bikes.

I doubt the salvage yards will get any busier.

"You meet the niceset people on a Honda." *laugh* Honda marketing geniuses back in the day.