Thread: Got to Pet a White Bengal Tiger Today

Default Got to Pet a White Bengal Tiger Today

One of my neighbors is the head vet at the local zoo, and he invited my kid to have a look 'backstage' this afternoon when the place was empty- we got to see some of the animals up-close-and-personal.

Their current tiger cubs are on the big side, and this female was really too rambunctious for my daughter to pet (I played with it and it chomped my hand pretty good), but the keeper and the vet held it so she could touch it a bit as she was desperate to get close to it (the wife wouldn't go near anything):

We got to fool around with some owls and reptiles as well- the kid had a great time (there will be some new cubs in a couple of months and we'll go back when they're a manageable size):

2. Default Re: Got to Pet a White Bengal Tiger Today

Great pics! In three months time that tiger will fuck you up!

Careful with the animal exposure though or your home will be filled with them and your daughter will become a veterinary surgeon...

Default Re: Got to Pet a White Bengal Tiger Today

Great stuff Brian, makes me think back when my little girl was little, she got married a few months back....both sad and happy

Last edited by sailUSVI; 09-13-2017 at 04:41 AM.
    "..some gave all, KIA.."

great pix... and yes Sail they all grows up
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    Quote Originally Posted by luckystrike View Post
    That's a handsome looking cock.

She really is a beautiful little girl Brian.
    I hope it doesn't go to her head too much or you'll have a monster on your hands.

I struggle with mine a little more each day who will be 13 soon and is already going to her first boy/girl dance next month.
    I told her I was going to show up in a clown outfit similar to Puddles, follow her around and start singing.
    Eye roll of all eye rolls on that one after a split second of terror flashed across her face followed by a "You'd better not!"

What I really enjoy is her sense of humor and the touch of irony she adds in...
    ...I recently asked her if her parents were getting more difficult to deal with and she instantly went into a valley girl response.
    The "OMG they are just so totally lame and you would not believe how much they don't get me..." had me cracking up to where I couldn't give my canned dry response.

She is growing up so fast it's heart breaking.
    Pretty soon, she won't need me as much as she has getting to here.

I had an epiphany about why pets are so desirable while pondering on this increased speed of time passing...
    ...a pet stays our dependent child for their whole lives so we don't suffer that empty nest syndrome as badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by simon520 View Post
    So you want a free second opinion?
    jesus what a Jew....

"Unforgiveness and bitterness are the poisons we drink believing it will kill someone else." ~ Unknown

6. Default Re: Got to Pet a White Bengal Tiger Today

Quote Originally Posted by Wretch View Post
    I hope it doesn't go to her head too much or you'll have a monster on your hands.

I struggle with mine a little more each day who will be 13 soon and is already going to her first boy/girl dance next month.
    I told her I was going to show up in a clown outfit similar to Puddles, follow her around and start singing.
    Eye roll of all eye rolls on that one after a split second of terror flashed across her face followed by a "You'd better not!"

...I recently asked her if her parents were getting more difficult to deal with and she instantly went into a valley girl response.
    The "OMG they are just so totally lame and you would not believe how much they don't get me..." had me cracking up to where I couldn't give my canned dry response.

I had an epiphany about why pets are so desirable while pondering on this increased speed of time passing...
    ...a pet stays our dependent child for their whole lives so we don't suffer that empty nest syndrome as badly.
    The hearing pretty much shuts off once they hit puberty. That's why the parenting that you do prior to that point is so important.
    "Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...."

-- Hunter S. Thompson

Awesome pics and your little girl is a princess !
    " THE SHARK"

She is really adorable Brian... you should re-think your position on getting her a little brother

As for the animals, they are amazing. Great to see your kid appears to have a good feel for animals, very cool. That cat is amazing, stunning eyes.
    I've learned that Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Damn sail, your girl looks just like her mom.

Brian, I like the tiger and owl pictures, but don't care for snakes at all.
    My Anger Management Class Really Pisses Me Off

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I'm attempting to enjoy her childhood as much as possible- everyone (everyone) says the same thing about it lasting the blink of an eye- I asked her not,to grow up, and she said she'll try, so we'll see how that goes...

I was relieved to see this was at a zoo and not one of those tourist traps, where the tigers are all qualuded up.

It's awesome how your daughter is hands on with the animals. My father grew up on a farm, and when we would visit the grandparents, they would get the goats out to play with us. I'm terrified of goats to this day! Thanks dad!!!

No, this was no 'petting zoo'- the tiger was ready to play rough. It swatted me several times with its (proportionally) huge paws (fortunately with retracted claws), and bit down on my hard very hard (but without the intention of really hurting me, or I'd have had to get stitches) when I petted its head. Letting my kid near it was an idea a bit south of brilliant, but as she wasn't near the 'business end' it never took notice of her.

You can see how big the paws are here- the towel was a good distraction and gave it something to bite, and it let my kid 'grab a tiger by the tail'.

This thing ain't no house cat.

It will be 10 ft long and 600 lbs. in a couple of years

She's pulling it's tail.

15. Default Re: Got to Pet a White Bengal Tiger Today

Quote Originally Posted by gobrian77 View Post
    Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I'm attempting to enjoy her childhood as much as possible- everyone (everyone) says the same thing about it lasting the blink of an eye- I asked her not,to grow up, and she said she'll try, so we'll see how that goes...
    When my daughter was 10, the coolest thing in the world was to get a ride to school on the back of dad's motorcycle. When she was 11, the least cool thing in the world was for me to show up at her school on duty with a bunch of my co-workers in raid shirts, to have lunch with her.
    "Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...."

-- Hunter S. Thompson

16. Default Re: Got to Pet a White Bengal Tiger Today

Quote Originally Posted by gobrian77 View Post
    No, this was no 'petting zoo'- the tiger was ready to play rough. It swatted me several times with its (proportionally) huge paws (fortunately with retracted claws), and bit down on my hard very hard (but without the intention of really hurting me, or I'd have had to get stitches) when I petted its head. Letting my kid near it was an idea a bit south of brilliant, but as she wasn't near the 'business end' it never took notice of her.
    Back in the mid to late '80s, I used to work with a guy that raised exotic animals. He brought a giant black cat to work one day (a Puma I think) and challenged all of us to put our hand in its mouth. I have no natural fear of animals (which has caused me some problems over the years), so I stepped up and put my hand in its mouth. It bit down and shook my hand like it was killing an animal, and then let go. It must have been playing, because it didn't break the skin, although it did hurt and left purple marks in my skin from its teeth.

Same guy brought a Serval to work and let us hold it. It made chirping noises that sounded like a bird.

-- Hunter S. Thompson

17. Default Re: Got to Pet a White Bengal Tiger Today

Both of you guys make beautiful children. You should make more.

-- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Wretch View Post

I hear every word you're saying!
    I'm waiting for someone to invent a "time slow down" machine.