Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Play stupid games.. Perp is killed trying to rob a gun/pawn shop.

1. Default Re: Play stupid games.. Perp is killed trying to rob a gun/pawn shop.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    thats a very lucky pawn shop owner. Taking on an armed man with the drop on you and a pistol leveled is really stupid.
    That's been the claim of anti gun folks for years. "If someone is pointing a gun at you, they'll pull the trigger before you can draw yours".

However there are many many videos of folks drawing a gun from concealment and shooting a bad guy who already had a gun pointed at them. I forget the technical term, but there is a term for the fact that acting is faster than reacting.

Default Re: Play stupid games.. Perp is killed trying to rob a gun/pawn shop.

I think the term is "luck"
    The best thing ever posted on labusa

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    Show me a bunch of Jews who cooperate together in any business, let alone world domination, and I'll show you a unicorn that farts glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by simon520 View Post
    It's A pretty fucking sobering video. I really have to reassess my situation because when I carry and I prefer a Glock's. Theres not a round in the chamber because The triggers pretty light and I worry about a negligent discharge with one in the chamber and there's no safety .I'm just deathly afraid of a safety (have seen so many videos where people try to shoot and haven't trained enough to flick off the safety under pressure ) and I know for a fact under pressure my training for a failure drill would kick in and I would rack the slide but I would've been deadin that situation.
    Glocks actually have two safeties. That little pressure lever deal in the trigger, and your finger. Keep your finger off the trigger, and it won't go bang

My Glock 19 has a bone stock trigger in it. I'm convinced that in a life or death situation, you could have a 10 pound trigger, and you wouldn't notice it.

Show me a bunch of Jews who cooperate together in any business, let alone world domination, and I'll show you a unicorn that farts glitter.

...the doctor is smarter than Gaston Glock...

...it is a good thing his nanny instincts kicked in and saved the public safety from the engineering malpractice of Glock...

...BV has the same instinct...silly bastids both...
    ...fubar bundy...

...@ ysr...is not finger...is brain...
    ...fubar bundy...

Quote Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
    Glocks actually have two safeties. That little pressure lever deal in the trigger, and your finger. Keep your finger off the trigger, and it won't go bang

My Glock 19 has a bone stock trigger in it. I'm convinced that in a life or death situation, you could have a 10 pound trigger, and you wouldn't notice it.
    funniest thing You have posted here in quite sometime...
    DEFEND AND CHERISH THE CONSTITUTION

“It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.”
    Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by CID View Post
    The bitches cant get our guns so they're going after the dicks!
    “If you’re going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you’re going to be locked up.”

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn professional.”

...condition two carry pretty much obviates the whole point of Glock's striker fired trigger system...

...how would you carry a double action....???....

...there are plenty of doa pistols...I carryed a SW 4506 on duty because of that heavy trigger and complex safety...I was more worried aboot the ada and a perp getting his hands on it somehow that optimal tactical efficiency...

...it was Massad Ayoob's first choice for a gun to take prisoners with...the magazine disconnect feature had several documented saves wherin the magazine release was somehow engaged during a struggle and the perp was unable to fire the weapon he had taken from a pig...

...there have been documented cases where the perp could not figger out how to disengage the safety in time to perevet getting clobbered by a pissed off pig...

...but I don't go after people to take prisoner no more...so that clunker is retired...

...I would never carry in condition two...just sayin...
    Last edited by Hapo; 01-12-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    ...fubar bundy...

I think the term is "luck"
    ...no, it is training, skill, and nerve...

...if you pull a gun on a good man a don't shoot it is good to have kevlar on...
    ...fubar bundy...

Quote Originally Posted by Austin_F View Post
    I forget the technical term, but there is a term for the fact that acting is faster than reacting.
    There's only two things you can do when you're backed into a corner like that shop owner was; act without hesitation or put your fate in the hands of desperate men. If you take the slightest nanosecond to react... you'll put yourself even further behind the count.

A lot of people say they won't go down without a fight... but until you've been confronted with the situation, you will never know.

...it kinda just happens, or it don't...evolution in action...
    ...fubar bundy...

Quote Originally Posted by Hapo View Post
    ...I would never carry in condition two...just sayin...
    I would never carry a pistol I could not draw and immediately fire. None of my pistols has a manual safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Buelligan View Post
    There's only two things you can do when you're backed into a corner like that shop owner was; act without hesitation or put your fate in the hands of desperate men. If you take the slightest nanosecond to react... you'll put yourself even further behind the count.

A lot of people say they won't go down without a fight... but until you've been confronted with the situation, you will never know.
    Did you see the video of the asshole in the airport shooting people? Some people ran, some just stood there, one lady hid behind a cheap, flimsy, airport wheelchair right next to a stairwell. Luckily, they were behind him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry_Schiavo View Post
    it was your campaign sign... GRUMPS 4 TRUMP...lol

The Bellicose Mechanic

There's real horsepower, and there's DynoJet horsepower.
    Don't get confused, DynoJet horsepower is not real horsepower.

Non-Grom.

Quote Originally Posted by Buelligan View Post
    exactly.

You can see the other guy throwing his hands up and looking for his boss to save him like a pussy he is... That was per instinct on his part... NOT like his boss' reaction

later he walks around carrying a gun after it's all over.

If you draw a weapon on someone, shoot, don't just stand there pointing it at them hoping they'll comply...
    ...if I have to pull out a weapon, the time for reasoning has passed and loud noises will soon follow.

What was it The Ugly said? "If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk."

The other issue of facing a gunman is that if someone is coming with the purpose to kill you specifically, you are fucked unless they fuckup in the process.

The would be robber fucked up from the moment he entered the business as he was neither fully committed or trained...
    ...so really, his fuckup was when he first thought the attempted robbery was the thing to do.
    "Unforgiveness and bitterness are the poisons we drink believing it will kill someone else." ~ Unknown

He may not have been armed during the initial contact. In light of the way it turned out, he did the right thing as far as I could tell, but it was he way he was walking around with the pistol in his hand afterwards that made me think he was pussy. That's not the kind of guy you want covering you.

exactly my thoughts too

Is that a hog in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

Quote Originally Posted by BusaVeloce View Post
    funniest thing You have posted here in quite sometime...
    Which part?

19. Default Re: Play stupid games.. Perp is killed trying to rob a gun/pawn shop.

Every thing you post is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin_F View Post
    Every thing you post is funny.

I dont blame the first guy for putting his hands up at first...*shrug

if a guy walks up to me with a gun pointed at me, i cant see myself drawing on him....vs waiting for his attention to go elsewhere (or the gun no longer pointed at me).
    "What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."

Quote Originally Posted by Your Car Is Slow View Post
    I dont blame the first guy for putting his hands up at first...*shrug

if a guy walks up to me with a gun pointed at me, i cant see myself drawing on him....vs waiting for his attention to go elsewhere (or the gun no longer pointed at me).

He had a counter in between, so not much he could do assuming he wasn't armed. I assumed he was since he was carrying after.

You're probably not going to believe this, but even with a gun pointed at you..... within arms reach....??? You've still got the advantage.

Try this.... get somebody to point a toy gun -- squirt gun even at you -- arms length. I bet you can slap the gun (as a reference to the move to disarm that's to long to type here) before he/she can pull the trigger. Not a get set go.... but just have him/her pull the trigger when they think they normally would if you 'moved'.

when you think like that.... the first instinct to surrender your life... never comes first.

It's A pretty fucking sobering video. I really have to reassess my situation because when I carry and I prefer a Glock's. Theres not a round in the chamber because The triggers pretty light and I worry about a negligent discharge with one in the chamber and there's no safety .I'm just deathly afraid of a safety (have seen so many videos where people try to shoot and haven't trained enough to flick off the safety under pressure ) and I know for a fact under pressure my training for a failure drill would kick in and I would rack the slide but I would've been deadin that situation. I think there was only three seconds between the identification of the threat and the ultimate take down so shit- going for a shoulder holster and racking the slide Mosssad style wouldn't have worked.
    It's just the fucking ranges near me won't allow you to draw from a holster so realistic training isn't possible and that's what I need to do to ingrain flipping the safety off a 1911 that's cocked and locked .

i've carried in the past the FN 57 pistol at the fucking safety on that thing is on the left side of the frame just above the trigger you have to use your other hand to flick it off as you assumed a two handed stance its fucking stupid.

hmm. Maybe the answer for me is a double action/ single action pistol with a round in the chamber .
    As I get older I tend to gravitate back to the 1911 so probably time for a few more handgun classes .
    A Sig may have a long first pull, the the next ones are light as a feather. I've never warmed up to Glock pistols. My son loves 'em and has a few. Different strokes.

Godspeed little buddy

im just being realistic in that situation...if im a clerk behind a counter and a guy walks in the front door with a gun aimed at me...my first reaction is not going to be to draw on him.

but thats just me.
    "What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."

According to Joe Biden the correct response is to fire a warning shot in the air

I have to imagine most armed robbers are not thinking about using the gun , most are likely freaking out and are in brain overload at the time. The armed victim has made up his mind , the robber still has a 100 things on his mind.
    " THE SHARK"

exactly.

You can see the other guy throwing his hands up and looking for his boss to save him like a pussy he is... That was per instinct on his part... NOT like his boss' reaction

The employee with the sweatshirt puts up his hands and talks to the robbers while walking back towards the owner, who had his back to the door and the situation that was unfolding. He's essentially kept the attention on himself which gave the owner enough time to react. It worked out as it should have, they're both alive and going home to their families.
    When in doubt, gas it. It may not solve the problem, but it will end the suspense.

I'm guessing this would of been to slow? The trigger pull on my revolver verses a glock?

Last edited by sailUSVI; 01-12-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    "..some gave all, KIA.."

That's an epic pistol whipper.

That blaze orange grip is ultra-concealable, along with the prodigious girth and mass of any revolver in excess of 4 shells.

Additional bonus: a squib round locks any revolver and renders it a small hammer for driving finishing nails.

Quote Originally Posted by hagrid View Post
    If there was an issue I'm sure a software update would fix it. The 1s and 0s could herd the electrons away from the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Farouk The Leper King View Post
    Hagrid's right. Again.

That blaze orange grip is ultra-concealable, along with the prodigious girth and mass of any revolver in excess of 4 shells.

Additional bonus: a squib round locks any revolver and renders it a small hammer for driving finishing nails.
    I've never had a "squib round" in this gun but then again I haven't fired it all that much due to a sore hand when firing.

The question is real, will a revolver (not necessarily this one) in this case render one less effective to defend over a semi?
    "..some gave all, KIA.."

I personally hate shooting this gun. Kid loves it- these are 85-90% of full power 450 grain SJHP handloads.
    I think RumblePhish gave me some 700 grain Tyrannosaur killing bullets. Sorry if someone else did it; I should remember and thank them again.

Anyhow, those motherfuckers were insane. I used the same powder load as these 450gr loads. I couldn't find reliable load data so I shot them in my 10" barreled gun. I didn't die, no explosion, and no popped primers or flattened primer hits.

I had 5 rounds left and the kid found them and shot them. I had maybe 30 rounds left and the little fucker shot them all.

He's insane. 700 grainers through that 5" gun that has a semi underlug so it's very light. I touched off 1 or 2 a few years ago and swore I'd never shoot them again.

in terms of carry guns- in the past year I've carried an FN FiveSeven, S&W Shield, a Ruger LC9 with external safety (nice gun, actually), a Walther PPS (my favorite until the G43 came along), and the Glock 43. I have the Walther PPS and Shields in both .40 and 9. Oh yeah, a Keltec P32 as well. This is in states that honor my Utah and Florida CCW. While in the desert I'll carry a Glock 20 or a Springfield Professional .45. The G43 is amazing and ticks every box.

I have 3 of those Serbu Super shorties and I was fucking stupid in not transferring them to my CA corporation when I could. AOW that are NFA registered are legal in CA however they are subject to the Roster and must be listed guns in able to be transferred, and there are no NFA on the Roster. There was a loophole that was closed. They also can't be named firearms that are specifically prohibited such as cane guns, wallet guns, pen guns, etc. The Super Shorty could be exempted through Single Shot Exemption which is now history.

Yes... exactly... a big red nosed floppy shoe wearing glitter snorting clown... but not an amusing one...

“It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.”
    Samuel Adams

“If you’re going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you’re going to be locked up.”

If anyone who has yet to shit for the day, happens to be on or near the business end of one of those literal hand cannons .454 Casull or larger;
    when it touches off, they won't be able to hold back the shit when the concussion hits them.

I'm pretty sure throwing an M33 fragmentation was less stressful in my experience.

My hands cramp up and revolt at the thought of firing that stuff.

Kids might enjoy it now but, there'll come a day when they won't.

Shit, I've become a real pussy even shooting 3" 12 gauge rounds.
    "Unforgiveness and bitterness are the poisons we drink believing it will kill someone else." ~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by BusaVeloce View Post
    Yes... exactly... a big Pink nosed floppy shoe wearing glitter snorting clown... but not an amusing one...
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by sailUSVI View Post
    I've never had a "squib round" in this gun but then again I haven't fired it all that much due to a sore hand when firing.

The question is real, will a revolver (not necessarily this one) in this case render one less effective to defend over a semi?
    While my view is real, no one here that carries a revolver will ever experience it.

I handloaded 25 shells of .41 magnum using a new powder. Single stage RCBS press. I forgot to put powder in one shell. The primer was enough to wedge the bullet firmly into the forcing cone but not enough to clear the cylinder.

The handgun was locked.

Never trust your life to ammo you built yourself.

If there was an issue I'm sure a software update would fix it. The 1s and 0s could herd the electrons away from the water.

Hagrid's right. Again.

I wasnt aware anyone actually reloaded "personal defense/carry" rounds....hell i thought it was just to load range ammo and or long range target ammo etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretch View Post
    FIFY
    Thanks... what was i thinking...

Samuel Adams

shot enough to see factory rounds that were squibs, had backwards primers, and other shit. Like undersized bullets that don't stabilize.

Although, on higher end stuff or 1st line military, I can't recall a single failure. Except Double Tap.

Then there's the whole neckbeard, "don't load self defense yourself, you'll be branded a whatever in court if you shoot someone with it"

Got news for ya. There are guns that I carry that only have handloads available. The .500 is one of them; I'm not paying fucking $3/round for underpowered shit. You wanna paint me as a cowboy because I shot you with a handgun with circa 2000 foot pounds of energy, and somehow the bullet I chose made it worse? Go right fucking ahead. Cos it's gonna be in Alaska and if they even found your body after I'm done with it, I doubt anyone would vote to convict. Or who woulda thunk WWB (Winchester White Box) .45 ball won't feed in a FNP Tactical? Fuckers made the magazines so that SAAMI spec ammo won't fit if it's towards the long end of the spec. Dumbasses. Had to buy a FNX Tactical to remedy that problem. Reminds me... anyone wanna buy a FNP tactical? In FDE?

That being said, I've had experiences where my vast years of experience at hand loading (I'm probably past a few thousand rounds at this point lol) resulted in high end guns that failed. Like my Springfield Pro choking on primer powered rounds like Hagrid posted. Had to hammer the slugs out the barrel. Probably can't do that terribly quickly in a gunfight. Good thing I noticed the problem and didn't fire a second round afterwards. Only happened 5 or 6 times in the first 100 rounds I tried to fire. If it wasn't the only fucking .45 ammo I had brought to the shoot I wouldn't have persisted but I was showing off my $3000 tactical ultimate .45 fighting weapon. I think my buddies are still laughing.

I keep my stuff loaded with Winchester Black Felons

Last edited by ysr_racer; 01-13-2017 at 10:18 AM.

I keep my stuff loaded with Winchester Black Felons

Sell that shit on GunChoker and get some up to date stuff. Word is that 9mm rounds are now so fucking tactical that they explode with kilotons of force and have caused elite LE and .MIL to throw away useless .40 cal in favor of chucking multiple .357 cal slugs in a perp's general direction. The proximity fuses and nuclear warheads do the rest.

You seen the prices on .40 cals lately? Can't fucking give them away. Jesus. I was buying G26's in protest only because people were bundling them with other guns I wanted and I'd refuse to pay more than $250 for a NEW one. G19 have always been in high demand but had started to be more available so I probably picked up 5 or 6 last year. then about 8 months ago the bottom just fucking fell out of the .40 cal market and they are being liquidated. I suppose the pendulum will swing again once they ram magazine bans through all 50 states' legislatures (it will happen since even Scalia said they could pass "reasonable" gun restrictions) and people will want bigger holes if they are restricted to only making 10 of them.
    Last edited by simon520; 01-13-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Pennsylvania will be the last holdout.

Hagrid's right. Again.

Sell that shit on GunChoker and get some up to date stuff. Word is that 9mm rounds are now so fucking tactical that they explode with kilotons of force and have caused elite LE and .MIL to throw away useless .40 cal in favor of chucking multiple .357 cal slugs in a perp's general direction. The proximity fuses and nuclear warheads do the rest.

You seen the prices on .40 cals lately? Can't fucking give them away. Jesus. I was buying G26's in protest only because people were bundling them with other guns I wanted and I'd refuse to pay more than $250 for a NEW one. G19 have always been in high demand but had started to be more available so I probably picked up 5 or 6 last year. then about 8 months ago the bottom just fucking fell out of the .40 cal market and they are being liquidated. I suppose the pendulum will swing again once they ram magazine bans through all 50 states' legislatures (it will happen since even Scalia said they could pass "reasonable" gun restrictions) and people will want bigger holes if they are restricted to only making 10 of them.
    Best reason to buy a 40S&W Glock dirt cheap is if you have a 357 Sig barrel ready to be dropped in.
    When in doubt, gas it. It may not solve the problem, but it will end the suspense.

45. Default Re: Play stupid games.. Perp is killed trying to rob a gun/pawn shop.

I'm pretty sure YSR still thinks "black talons" sounds cool and that's why he posted that

Yep, that's the reason